shape
carat
color
clarity

Comcast Drives me Crazy!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
So there I am this morning, standing in my living room, stark naked changing into my work clothes with the blinds open (nobody can see in so I often run around naked in my living room with the blinds open, at least in the morning). Wait. Is that the scurrying of little repairmens' feet I hear? On my freaking roof? RIGHT NEXT TO ME? Why yes. It is. A whole troupe of Comcast idiots is running around out there.

You see, this is part Eight Zillion of our war with Comcast vs. our privacy. We live on the top floor of a commercial building which we own. And Comcast for some reason thinks they don't need permission to run around up there- or drill giant holes through our outside walls, or install stuff on the outside of our buiding. (This is not the first or even the fifth time they've done exactly this stunt.)They do need permission, of course. The last battle in this lengthy war was fought on Wednesday, when Comcast Idiot #1 came in and tried to get me to turn him loose up there. I told him "You need to call to make an appointment to run around on the roof." He took my card, said he would, and then apparently told these other idiots they had free reign up there.

I was so furious when I finally found Comcast Idiot #2 (today's idiot) I was almost in tears. He apologized profusely and said Idiot #1 told them it was fine to work on the roof. Then DH came downstairs and tore him a new one (he was really, really upset that I'd ended up finding them while stark naked) and told them in no uncertain terms to get gone. Idiot #2 protested that he had authorization (!?) to be there, blatantly untrue unless I guess he was counting me being too pissed to oust them and having to walk away before I really screamed and/or cried at him (most likely both- I hate being one of those women who always, always cries when I get angry.)

Anyway. Just had to share my delightful experience. You better believe I'll be calling the main office and telling them how Idiot #1 screwed up and how not pleased I am to find their workmen on my roof unexpectedly. Does Comcast do this to residential customers- just appear randomly on their roofs? I kinda doubt it.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! :lol: :lol:
I'm sorry! That is so awful and funny at the same time. (I'm sitting here picturing your husband yelling at the guy partly for doing stuff without permission and partly for showing up and seeing you naked.... almost enough to make you feel sorry for idiot #2... almost.)

NO, they should NOT be there without your permission. Even if he thought he had permission, he should STILL have come in to talk to you first.

We haven't had that at home (I'm a business customer, not residential) but I have seen stuff like that here at the office building I work in and boy does property management get :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Don't just complain to Comcast... the technicians are scheduled to come out of local offices that have separate management/scheduling people. Complaining to them is a LOT more effective at preventing repeat offenses.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's so outrageous, I can't think of anything to say. Good for DH for blowing his stack. Maybe if you call the owner (director, whatever) of any & all Comcast offices from which techs are dispatched to your building...tall order, but it could get the job done -- then follow up with a registered letter. How incredibly maddening!!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, if repair people were trespassing on MY property, I would call the police. Especially after you told them to leave. Ridiculous.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
That stinks LGK :nono: I have not dealt with comcast but I do know what it is like to try and throw a big fit and let someone know how angry
I am with them and instead I burst in to tears, they think I am being a emotional women and inside I am just sooo pissed off!!! :angryfire: I am glad you had DH there to let them know whats what!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1299871281|2869707 said:
OMG! :lol: :lol:
I'm sorry! That is so awful and funny at the same time. (I'm sitting here picturing your husband yelling at the guy partly for doing stuff without permission and partly for showing up and seeing you naked.... almost enough to make you feel sorry for idiot #2... almost.)

NO, they should NOT be there without your permission. Even if he thought he had permission, he should STILL have come in to talk to you first.

We haven't had that at home (I'm a business customer, not residential) but I have seen stuff like that here at the office building I work in and boy does property management get :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Don't just complain to Comcast... the technicians are scheduled to come out of local offices that have separate management/scheduling people. Complaining to them is a LOT more effective at preventing repeat offenses.
sorry??,why?.. :confused:.. wish i was idiot #2... :naughty:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LGK, can you get rid of them completely? I would be furious too, and cancel any service completely. Are they only a cable provider
for you?

Truly awful and maddening. I cry when I am mad too. I hate it.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1299907229|2870020 said:
LGK, can you get rid of them completely? I would be furious too, and cancel any service completely. Are they only a cable provider
for you?

Truly awful and maddening. I cry when I am mad too. I hate it.
Frustratingly enough tons of our tenants have Comcast as phone/internet- they were servicing another tenant's wiring actually. So I could cancel ours, but they'd still be there, crawling about the roof all willy nilly. :angryfire: Gotta love a monopoly. (Frankly the carpenter ant infestation on the roof last summer was less intrusive.)

I just wanted to thank you guys. DH was brooding over feeling bad that he lost his temper; I showed him this thread and it made him feel a lot better actually, that nobody thought he was over-reacting. (I definitely didn't think he was!)

And thanks for the suggestion to call the local tech offices- true, those are the people we see and the ones that never actually follow procedure. It hadn't occured to me to call them; I did get the card of Idiot #1, who actually was the ball-dropper in particular, fortunately... I had a bad feeling that they weren't going to behave and I wanted to know who to yell at later, lol. Too bad I was all too right!

So I'm not the only one who cries when she's mad, huh? I know my mom does, and *one* of my good friends, but most everyone else know can work up a righteous fury without the waterworks... I do envy that, because nobody really believes you're actually furious when you're crying, too!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I think your hubby was totally justified. You have a right and expectation of privacy in your own home! :angryfire:

As the owner of the building you could certainly make it a condition of living there that they must use another provider. The only
problem is, the other companies might be just as bad.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
LGK|1299910327|2870046 said:
So I'm not the only one who cries when she's mad, huh? I know my mom does, and *one* of my good friends, but most everyone else know can work up a righteous fury without the waterworks... I do envy that, because nobody really believes you're actually furious when you're crying, too!
I do this too. Usually, I can keep my calm, but the "so pissed off I'm crying" is a whole different level of pissed off-one that no one wants to see, and if you're the one who made me this angry, we're probably never speaking again.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rockzilla|1299877055|2869784 said:
Honestly, if repair people were trespassing on MY property, I would call the police. Especially after you told them to leave. Ridiculous.

This is what I would do if there is a next time. They need permission, period.
Also I would try and contact a senior management person and get his mobile # just in case you ever have any other issues with them. We had some trouble with Cablevision a while back- different issues but same incompetence level it seems. Anyway, after making a number of calls I was able to get a senior management person's contact info and after that, if we had any problems with Cablevision we would call him and he personally took care of it for us. In fact, one time he came to our home on a Saturday night around 9 pm because the Cablevision techs failed to show up. I was impressed.

Oh, and I also cry when I get really mad :angryfire:
I hate that I do but I cannot seem to control my emotions sometimes and it can be embarrassing. I feel for you LGK.
Big hugs to all us emotional gals!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
OK, update: I called their main business line today, and the woman I spoke to was super helpful- she was about as horrified as I was. She at least credited my account for this month's service, and escalated my complaint. I will still call the local offices too, but whew- apparently I'm still pissed about this, and I have a lot of errands to go run still. I think I'll wait til tomorrow to follow up with that part. Again, thanks everyone- I was so beyond furious about this. And still am, really.

Yeah, it really *can* embarrass the crap out of you when you start bawling rather than yelling. In my '30s I can control it better than, say, 10 years ago- then it was seriously just automatic- and now I can usually manage not to cry if I'm super angry, with a herculean effort. Usually.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad they are working on it for you, LGK!

We used to have Comcast, and hated them. They were awful, with lousy customer service everywhere, no matter what city we were in.

We recently changed to Dish Network, and I love them. Their prices are better, they send me coupons for free movies every Christmas, and they have nice customer service people. The only thing I hold against them is the "video Xmas card" they beam into my DVR every year, that features a bunch of employees singing "We Wish You a Merry Dishmas". Corny, but I don't think they take themselves too seriously.

if you ever consider changing, consider Dish. (They are much better than directTV, BTW)

LGK

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1300144767|2871788 said:
I'm glad they are working on it for you, LGK!

We used to have Comcast, and hated them. They were awful, with lousy customer service everywhere, no matter what city we were in.

We recently changed to Dish Network, and I love them. Their prices are better, they send me coupons for free movies every Christmas, and they have nice customer service people. The only thing I hold against them is the "video Xmas card" they beam into my DVR every year, that features a bunch of employees singing "We Wish You a Merry Dishmas". Corny, but I don't think they take themselves too seriously.

if you ever consider changing, consider Dish. (They are much better than directTV, BTW)
Man, I *wish* could switch ILander! We are a business customer unfortunately. And so we use them for phone primarily, internet second and not really the TV service. The phone & internet service from Comcast saves the business approximately $900/month- Verizon was unbelievably expensive for us. So it's kind of a love-hate situation. I love their service and how little it costs, I hate their technicians!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results