shape
carat
color
clarity

Cold temps....

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well unseasonably cold for North Florida tomorrow night but as I look across the Midwest...and northeast the forecasted lows ..... Burrrrrr...
What's your record low going to be? I'm not complaining about 24...

Enerchi tell us darling how cold is it. :devil: .. (PG13 language) :D

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
High of -10 tomorrow with wind chill estimated to be as low as -30 - -40. Brrrrrrr....... Under blizzard warning now and local area has been declared a disaster emergency area. Had to snowblow/shovel/snow rake 3 or 4 times today. Looks. Beautiful as I stay cozy inside sipping my hot cocoa.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im in Western lower Michigan. I think our high tomorrow is 6, wind chills -30 ( though I dont base my cold temps and wind chills)

A few counties down currently has a blizzard warning but i currently dont.

I just feel back for my dog as he has to go out to do his business.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
-40 to -45 I think tomorrow, here. Forecast has changed about eleventy-seven times the last few days so who knows what it will be. School is closed tomorrow. So far, we just have the cold, not the dumping of snow that others have. Can hear the wind howling outside.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somewhere below zero. -11, I think? Whatever...anything below 20 degrees all feels the same--freezing. We'll be back up to 30's and 40's by mid-week.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: MayK!! Well --- as I type at 1020pm EST, its a balmy -4C and w windchill, feels like -12C. However --- there are freezing rain/ice pellets pounding on the window and we have a freezing rain warning in effect overnight and into tomorrow's rush hour drive in to work.

oh... joy....I.. am.. so.. excited... NOT!

Monday will be our *hot* day and it will drop to -18C or less during the week. (According to professor Google, that equals -4F)

I shake my head every winter, wondering --- "WHY??? Why did my ancestors have to settle here???" WTH was wrong w taking a lovely trip with all the forefathers, just a few 1000 miles south??? Geez :rolleyes:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
-6 with -17 wind chill and I was just out pushing around some snow in shorts.
Down to -17 actual tonight, high -13 low -21 tomorrow.
That is warm compared to one night I worked... -40 actual and -80 windchill.
I was on a roof of a 3 story building putting a furnace cover back on for over an hour during the coldest part.
The screw gun froze up so had to put the screws back in by hand.
Then walked the fence line to check the gates which was a little over a mile.
Was a lot younger then could not do that today.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We sat outside at the packers game today!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I see it is lovely everywhere... I am here in balmy Minnesota where Governor Dayton cancelled school for tomorrow (Monday) on friday. I was surprised they did it so early considering how often the forecast changes but better to give people more time to plan for daycare and such. My phone right now says -18 with a high tomorrow of -11 and a low of -28. Bit nippy out.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1388976694|3587169 said:
-40 to -45 I think tomorrow, here. Forecast has changed about eleventy-seven times the last few days so who knows what it will be. School is closed tomorrow. So far, we just have the cold, not the dumping of snow that others have. Can hear the wind howling outside.

-40? Are you in Minnesota?

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecogirl|1388980880|3587207 said:
I see it is lovely everywhere... I am here in balmy Minnesota where Governor Dayton cancelled school for tomorrow (Monday) on friday. I was surprised they did it so early considering how often the forecast changes but better to give people more time to plan for daycare and such. My phone right now says -18 with a high tomorrow of -11 and a low of -28. Bit nippy out.

Now when I think: COLD, I think: MINNESOTA!!!!

Deb

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
1 degree right now. -13 tomorrow. All schools and most business will be closed Monday. Snow to continue. 20" of snow since New Years Eve.
Had a bit of a reprieve on Saturday, it was a balmy 29 degree day. Gotta love Chicago!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm deeply envious of your cold weather right now!

On Saturday our temps hit 104F! Even though it's cooled down to the mid-nineties I'm still not coping.

I hate it when it gets this hot. Would anyone like to swop?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The weather has gone haywire. Right now it is 55 degrees F! Tomorrow it is going to hit a high of 14F with wind chills of -10! :knockout:

Longing for spring flowers and chirping birds right about now...

I feel for you Trekkie. I wouldn't switch but I hate temps of any extreme so very hot or very cold is very unpleasant for me. Stay cool!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Predicted to be 9 degrees, wind chill of 0 tonight, here 10 minutes from the South Carolina border. Amazing! Houses aren't insulated for those temps; I'm gonna leave the heat up all night, hoping to keep pipes from freezing. Charlie, my Siberian, is in heaven -- busy busy busy on walks; cold just revs those crackpots right up to Maximum.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Niel said:
Im in Western lower Michigan. I think our high tomorrow is 6, wind chills -30 ( though I dont base my cold temps and wind chills)

A few counties down currently has a blizzard warning but i currently dont.

I just feel back for my dog as he has to go out to do his business.

Blizzard warning, that's us! I am in Berrien County. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought it was bad enough to be in a minus single digit but minus double digits? :errrr: Just -2 degrees F for me in the NE area.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I guess now would not be the time to say it was 35F when I worked out this am, and should be in the 70s today? :tongue: I say this laughing now, but come summer when I'm like Trekkie and am sweltering at 100+ I'll be crying.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Southeast WI here. Right now we are at -15 with a windchill of -45. Yuck.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1388981083|3587212 said:
packrat|1388976694|3587169 said:

-40? Are you in Minnesota?

Deb

Iowa. It actually doesn't look as windy outside as what they thought, so maybe it won't get quite as cold.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you people live? No, really, how is it done? Do you just stay inside when it is that cold? Do people work when the temperatures are -14?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trekkie|1388984702|3587255 said:
I'm deeply envious of your cold weather right now!

On Saturday our temps hit 104F! Even though it's cooled down to the mid-nineties I'm still not coping.

I hate it when it gets this hot. Would anyone like to swop?

I'm not sure I could cope with being that hot but I'd give it a go! It's so cold where I live!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I live in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies and we had -27 on the weekend. Not including the windchill factor.....and this temp has not been the coldest we've experienced since our record snowfall in Dec.

Unfreakin' real; simply horrible.

Sharon

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Canuk-girl, I have a feeling a live a few hours north of you. We experienced the same weather, Saturday was -37C (-34F, I think?) with the windchill...somehow the dog still wanted to be walked that morning!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
-15 in Chi-Beria right now. Not sure what the exact wind chill is, the paper is reporting a range of-30 to -50. Fortunately I only live 4 blocks from my office, and I can go 2-1/2 of those inside!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1389024876|3587448 said:
How do you people live? No, really, how is it done? Do you just stay inside when it is that cold? Do people work when the temperatures are -14?

When I was a kid in Rochester NY it was below zero fairly often. Not 14 below, but around -6, not including wind chill, which hadn't been thought up yet. We put on an extra layer & bundled a scarf across our faces and went out to wait for the schoolbus. Mommy wait with us in the car? Are you kidding? We would've been laughed off the bus as hopeless babies! Would not have ever lived it down. (They never even considered closing school for low temps, only for 6' of snow.)

They manage in Alaska & other places with those temps all winter. Takes know-how & care, but it's a matter of course in many locations.

--- Laurie

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
House Cat|1389024876|3587448 said:

I heard that a few companies are letting people stay home, Medtronic is one and like I said they closed the schools. But everything else needs to be done, you still need to take the dog out and pump gas and all that fun stuff you just wear more clothes. :sun: I just saw my neighbor pull out of his drive on his mountain bike (he is made of tougher stuff then I am) I feel bad for the southern states with low temps, my girlfriend teaches in Arkansas and they were having some negative windchills and she was very worried about her students today, many live in rural areas and walk to school and rural bus stops and she said they just do not know how to dress for the cold or do not have the winter gear needed for the cold temps. Not good..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maccers|1389027130|3587483 said:
Canuk-girl, I have a feeling a live a few hours north of you. We experienced the same weather, Saturday was -37C (-34F, I think?) with the windchill...somehow the dog still wanted to be walked that morning!

Hey! I have a feeling I grew up there :bigsmile: ....... These temps are unbearable, and we are seriously looking to relocate; as my husband routinely gets job offers from companies in warm climates! We just may take them up on it this year!

keep warm--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
its -9 here not factoring in wind chill which I think I just heard was -38. STL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results