clarity

Coach purse recommendations

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1426806836|3849790 said:
CJ, I love your new purse. Beautiful!

Calliecake said:
CJ, I'm sorry I haven't seen any compartments. The closest thing I have found were small make up bags that could be used to put things in.

A few months ago I looked at Prada,YSL and LV bags and none of them had more than a single zip pocket in the bags.

Yes, this is my exact experience too Callie. Crazy. I like zip pockets and compartments in my pocketbooks for function.

I am so glad you like the bag, Missy!

And yeah, I'm with you - most purses I've ever seen don't have enough compartments.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1426816387|3849840 said:
Calliecake|1426806338|3849786 said:
CJ, I'm sorry I haven't seen any compartments. The closest thing I have found were small make up bags that could be used to put things in.

A few months ago I looked at Prada,YSL and LV bags and none of them had more than a single zip pocket in the bags.

Yeah, I looked at a couple of little makeup pouches today, but none were "it" - I'll have to keep looking.

CJ, I think Target has some small black make up type bags. If I'm remembering correctly they came in packs of three. Maybe that could work for you? I think it's harder to get used not having compartments if your previous bag had many compartments. I bought a couple bags before the holidays. I still haven't switched over to a new bag because I love how my Michael Kors bag is organized inside.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may sound nutty CJ but sometimes I use ziploc bags to organize certain purses I have and it works very well. Takes up no extra room and it is clear so easy to see what is where. Keeps my bags organized.

Here are some other options to check out.

http://www.amazon.com/Periea-Handbag-Organizer-Insert-Pockets/dp/B005LCTNOG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1426853567&sr=8-7&keywords=purse+organizer

http://www.amazon.com/MMF-Industries-Zipper-Wallet-234041720/dp/B000DZATVW/ref=pd_sim_bt_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZX229MDG0P7JHX0TGKH

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1426799208|3849740 said:
momhappy|1426797895|3849722 said:
^Some of my designer bags have compartments/pockets & some don't - I don't think that the higher end brands are particularly guilty of not adding compartments/pockets (in other words, it just depends on the style of any given bag and not necessarily the designer). My $2300 Valentino Rockstud has a whopping 9 compartments/pockets and it's only a mid-size bag.

I've never even SEEN a $2,300 bag :D

I just looked it up...it's pretty...just enough hardware to be a little edgy.

Yes, that's how I feel about the Rockstud - pretty with a little edge. The bag was still pricey, but I did manage to find it on sale. I rarely pay full retail price for anything and the bags in my designer handbag collection are no exception ;-)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie - I kind of went through those same feelings about the organization when switching over to the Coach bag, even though I love my new bag. I'll look at Target and will look in Marshalls, etc. too.

Missy - the clear pouches look cute - for some reason I like them even better than the other link. But what I think I'm envisioning is really cute printed pouches that I will KNOW what's in them (e.g., I want just one pouch for my hair tie, vaseline, and SPF lip balm) - then another one for my keytags (you know the ones they swipe for coupons).

Come to think of it there was a REALLY cute pouch at Marshalls yesterday that I thought was a little too big - but maybe if I keep the keytags and lip balms in the one pouch it can work.

momhappy - thanks for that idea, I had forgotten about purse organizers. I like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Pursfection-EXPANDABLE-Purse-Organizer-Leopard/dp/B00CNV29DA/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

What I'm realizing though is that I don't carry that much in my bag...and just a simple pouch (or a set of small separate pouches) might do or even work better for me than a full blown organizer.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks mom

I'm not crazy about those fabrics either...

I saw a bunch of little pouches at the stores this weekend, but none "fit" - either in size, or look...I'm realizing cute doesn't "fit"...I want them to look somewhat sophisticated/good quality since I'll be pulling them out of a nice bag, even if for a second just to apply lip balm, etc.

So I'll have to keep looking in the discount stores and maybe get lucky or maybe go to Macy's or something for more variety.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results