shape
carat
color
clarity

Closing woes....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, as some of ya''ll know, my closing didn''t go too well on friday...paperwork mistakes and we caught a HUGE EXPENSIVE mistake in our mortgage terms. ALWAYS ALWAYS READ EVERY WORD OF EVERYTHING YOU SIGN!!!!! Can''t emphasize that enough. Noone was deliberately trying to screw us over, it was just a break down in communication between some of the companies we were working with (sooooo many pple involved in buying a home!) with middlemen and agents and brokers etc...
Anyway, our second attempt at closing is on Wed. I didn''t ask for the pricescope fairy''s blessing for the first closing, and now I''ve gotten all superstitious again since it didn''t go well, so to cover all my bases, we went to though the paperwork with our broker today to clarify any questions and try to pre-empt any mishaps, AND I am going to ask for good luck, good vibes, and all that since it''s worked so well before ! So fingers crossed that we''ll get the keys to our new home 9/21/05!!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOOD LUCK. You have to get this home because Im moving into your bottom floor.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
good luck GB!!!! best wishes and good vibes sent ur way!!! love love love ur house! u *have* to get it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't stress out...after the first time it becomes much easier...hee hee. We are in the middle of a refinance and it's amazing that we feel a bit more relaxed now that we went through all the drama once already.

We spent TONS of time reading our loan documents...our broker told us that it was very unusual but we wanted to ensure we were covered etc. I did tons of research on the whole thing (like anything for me!) and practically became an expert...to my poor broker's chagrin. I definitely put them through their paces.
31.gif

I'm sure it will all work out on Wed and you will have your keys before you know it!! A few weeks before we were scheduled to get our keys we went out moving cards to everyone we knew that I'd made at home, which had a set of old keys on it (graphic) with a little poem/note on moving with our new address and it was printed on blue thick cardstock parchment. Loved them...I have it tacked up on our fridge still almost 2 years later. It was so fun to do that the time.

After we closed and picked up the keys...I had all this stuff I'd been buying and storing at the old place. aka new towels and decor for things like the bathroom (the easy stuff!). It was the FIRST thing I did. Greg was hanging the blinds and I'm decorating the bathrooms and putting the towels out and we have NOTHING in the house, it was hilarious. But it was so much fun. It was like I was creating my own model home, and BEFORE we brought all our own stuff in and had to clutter up the house with boxes and all that stuff!!!

Oh I'm so excited for you. I remember what it was like since it was only ~2 years ago for us. And we adore our place, I'm sure you will too!!! Keeping fingers crossed...

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck!

If you have any leftover luck, can you please rub some on me because I am starting negotiations for a piece of land to build my dream house?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
good luck, Ginger! I know you can''t wait to get into your new house... and I can''t wait to see pics when you decorate
9.gif

Cookiedough

Rough_Rock
It''s the most exciting and nervewracking time. If you have access to a fax machine today, you should insist the bank/mortgage co. send you copies of corrected pages. We did when we closed and are glad we did. Although we didn''t anticipate any problems we found errors on the paperwork that would have delayed our closing. Hard to believe the bank can make such errors but, they happen. Then sit back and try to enjoy this most happy time in your life.
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh crud! I'm so sorry...but it will all be worth it! That house is beautiful!

But LOL...there is SO no need to read *everything". It's a waste of time. The note and mortgage have the actual loan terms regardless of any other documents. If they are wrong, you're f'd. If they are right, it doesn't matter what any other documents say about your loan terms...ALso, the docs that set forth the actual bank and broker and title costs are the only other documents that I review. The rest line the bird cage. Don't sweat it. LOL. When we did our closing, I represented myself and hubby...I was just like JUST SIGN IT ALREADY LOL
It's funny though, here in ny, the real estate broker has almost nothing to do with the closing. Actually, nothing. It's an in person closing with the title co, all parties and attorneys, the bank attorney, and the title co...I think it's a lot different and easier in other states...

I just saw a funny comedian in nyc...he did a little bit on his closing...He just kept signing mountains of documents and would look up every now and then and ask 'are you stealing from me?'..... 'will I own anything when this is done?'....'are you taking things that should rightfully be mine?' LOL. It was so funny and so true!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Good Luck! It''s not unusual that a closing has snafus. Great house - it WILL be yours soon!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
GOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK GINGER!!! (and Mr. Ginger too!
9.gif
)

I can''t wait to log on and read that you''ve got the keys in hand....and then, I''m coming over to see it!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
(when you''re ready for visitors, that is!)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Luck!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 2:26:12 AM
Author: Mara

After we closed and picked up the keys...I had all this stuff I''d been buying and storing at the old place. aka new towels and decor for things like the bathroom (the easy stuff!). It was the FIRST thing I did. Greg was hanging the blinds and I''m decorating the bathrooms and putting the towels out and we have NOTHING in the house, it was hilarious. But it was so much fun. It was like I was creating my own model home, and BEFORE we brought all our own stuff in and had to clutter up the house with boxes and all that stuff!!!

LOL!!!! That is exactly what will happen with us. I''ve been so excited, but stlll trying to hold back, so I keep buying little things like towels, lamps, a mirror, ottoman, plates. That is prob all we''ll have in the house for a good two to three weeks!
9.gif
I''m SUPER excited about decorating, but we gotta go slow, so I''m trying very very hard to be good!

Thanks to everyone for the luck and vibes! Tomorow is the BIG DAY!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOOD LUCK!!!! Hoping all goes well for you tomorrow. What a beautiful home it will be for you guys!!!! Have fun!!!!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
its Wednesday!!!!!! hope everything goes well and u get ur keys!!! do keep us posted =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results