shape
carat
color
clarity

Clinton vs Obama

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I was just sent a link to this video: http://lessig.org/blog/2008/02/20_minutes_or_so_on_why_i_am_4.html

I wish I''d seen it earlier - it sums up a lot of things that I couldn''t find a good way to say. I don''t get to vote, either in primaries or the election (Cdn citizen), so I''m posting it here instead. Maybe it''ll solidify things for someone else!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I could not have said it better. That was great. Thanks for posting. He was much kinder on Hillary and Bill than I would have been, however.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fascinating. I forwarded all of that to my mom, who might forward it on to her best friend who is a Clinton supporter, if she''s feeling snippy enough. Heh.

Just out of curiosity pjean, how are you feeling about the current election and what''s the buzz like up North? I''m always curious as to how other countries are looking at the stuff that goes on over here...

irenasoul

Rough_Rock
interesting link...I think they all have dirt under their fingernails, if you ask me.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 9:15:23 PM
Author: irenasoul
interesting link...I think they all have dirt under their fingernails, if you ask me.

yeah but someone with more years in the game has far more dirt.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 9:54:15 PM
Author: MoonWater

Well said MoonWater.

Anyone think that Clinton would choose Obama for VP or Obama choose Clinton?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

and far more experience on what to do with that dirt.
2.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 2:19:07 PM
Author: Mara

2.gif
Which is a bad thing!

Frekechild, I''m not sure if either would choose the other. But after the last debate it looked possible. As if they had discussions behind the scenes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Date: 2/7/2008 4:41:59 PM

Date: 2/7/2008 2:19:07 PM

2.gif
Which is a bad thing!
That's debatable of course!

In actuality, I am not sure what I think just yet....I just like considering all the options!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
38.gif

Date: 2/7/2008 5:09:40 PM

That's debatable of course!

In actuality, I am not sure what I think just yet....I just like considering all the options!

You should definitely consider all the options before voting. I wish more people did that! But read the link I posted and click on the various links inside of it for proof of their validity. I actually really wanted Hillary years ago when people first threw her name around. I suppose it was the idea of an intelligent woman having a chance. But after reading more about her poltiics (not to mention her stance on foreign policy) and her husband's politics, I have found them both to be quite disturbing. It's so unfortunate because I think a dream ticket would be both her and Obama (which may still happen). But I really feel as though her style is just the same ol same ol we have had in Washington for far too long. It really seems as if her and Bill will say anything to win, and then throw you under the bus. It's so sad.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock

Sometimes it is better to have someone who has experienced the dirt, knows how to best utilize and/or circumvent the dirt, than someone who spends a couple of years denying the dirt, trying to wash off the dirt, finally has to accept that the dirt is waterproof, and then moves forward.

Clear as mud?!
1.gif
3.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 8:07:02 PM
Author: hlmr

Sometimes it is better to have someone who has experienced the dirt, knows how to best utilize and/or circumvent the dirt, than someone who spends a couple of years denying the dirt, trying to wash off the dirt, finally has to accept that the dirt is waterproof, and then moves forward.

Clear as mud?!
1.gif
3.gif

Heh, ok, I get where you guys are going with the dirt analogy so let me make a statement so no one tries to convince me of her um, "experience." I believe Hillary courts the dirt and uses it to her personal advantage. I believe she, and her husband, care more about themselves and protecting themselves, than they do the people. They will say one thing to get into office, and throw us under the bus later. So no, to me, the dirt can not be good in any way when it comes to a Clinton. Shady business practices, conflicts of interests, money from lobbyists when we really need to limit or hell end their control, serving on corporate boards, working too well with the insurance companies....the list goes on. I simply don't trust her or her husband and the more I read, the less I do. I wish it were otherwise.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
honestly I don''t TRUST anyone and what they say when they are campaigning! this is the Presidency. It''s a big deal. These guys are hungry. So I have a hard time looking at anyone and saying YES it''s YOU I want. Because I feel like half the time they get into office and then change whatever their stance was or modify it or whatever. It is so sad but to me many times I feel like it''s a whole ''who is the lesser evil'' option rather than who you''d really feel could be fabulous in office.

I am definitely still doing my research...slow going, good thing I have many months.
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am lost as who to vote for now that Edwards is out of the race, but we''re going to the WA State Caucus in a few hours and DH says it''s going to be crazy with "in your face" politics and I''m afraid of being attacked by some lunatic pushing me to vote one way or another! I''ll bring a can of mace.
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 1:53:01 PM
Author: MC
I am lost as who to vote for now that Edwards is out of the race, but we''re going to the WA State Caucus in a few hours and DH says it''s going to be crazy with ''in your face'' politics and I''m afraid of being attacked by some lunatic pushing me to vote one way or another! I''ll bring a can of mace.
2.gif
Oh, Please come back and tell us what it was like. Caucuses (cauci?) sound so interesting, and so democratic!
1.gif

Hee hee...if I were there, I''d be one of the maniacs....I like Obama so much and Billary so little....

widget

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
(I posted in the hangout too, so I may copy and paste this over there)

Okay, I was really nervous thinking their would be people holding up signs and heckling each other, but the scene was very calm and the most I saw were Hillary signs on windows! lol

We met in a school and the group was for my zip code. There were tables and we joined tables based on our neighborhoods. We signed in and signed on that same sheet who we were voting for. There weren't any computers or lists of registered voters, so it was on an honor system. Then the votes were counted up and our table had 13 Obama and 5 Clinton. We were given three delegates for our table so the number of votes for each person meant we'd have 2 delegates representing Obama and 1 for Hillary. Then there were volunteers to be delegates who go to the next level and again vote, and each level up gets closer to the state and national levels.

We had an opportunity to persuade each other to switch alliances, but nobody chose to argue! All the tables were calm but some clapped at times. It was very nice and simple. I'll go again in 2012.

ETA - there were about 150 people there. It's scary to realize how few people are actually involved in picking who will be the democratic candidate. I was voting in place of nearly all my neighbors!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure, no prob. If only I could have provided more exciting details to encourage people to vote. Darth Vadar did attend, but he was minaturized as a 1.5" tall lego! lol My kids came and they did really well and only began complaining during the last 10 minutes.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...Obama seems to have won by quite a bit tonight in Nebraska, Washington, and Louisiana. Interesting.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 10:34:25 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Hmmm...Obama seems to have won by quite a bit tonight in Nebraska, Washington, and Louisiana. Interesting.
Yep, and also on the republican side, Ron Paul got 21% in WA which I could imagine is the highest of any state. There are loads of Ron Paul signs all over around where I live so I'm not surprised.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not surprised about Ron Paul. There seems to be a lot of underground support for the guy, but no one really seems to vote for him because he honestly doesn''t have a realistic chance. I think the next few months should be pretty interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results