shape
carat
color
clarity

Cleaning your floors, Swiffer Max, Wet Jet, or Hoover Hard Floor Cleaner???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to get my floors clean and I used a swiffer but it only cleans a small space. I don''t know what to do besides mopping (since I am bad at wring out the water). I have pergo flooring and was wondering if it was safe to use the
Hoover H3000 Floor Mate Hard-Floor Cleaner on it???? Anyone have one and do you feel it does a great job of cleaning the floor?? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have the Hoover H3060 FloorMate SpinScrub 800 Floor Cleaner? Or am I better off with a Swiffer?

B0007MS5B2.01SCLZZZZZZZSS400.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I absolutely love my swiffer, and just turn the pad over when if it gets too dirty or dry before I''m done. But then again, my condo is only 800 sq ft
39.gif
If you have a whole house to clean, that may not work? But I wonder if that big thing you pictured would be really heavy and bulky and a drag to carry around?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
pergo can''t get wet. underneath is particle board, which falls apart if gets wet. I would get a sponge mop, which has a wringer on it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I did not know that?? Okay, then I guess I can't buy the Hoover thing. Wow. Good thing to know.

Would the Wet Jet be better??? Any thoughts???

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
damp mop only. hands and knees damp mopping or a sponge mop/ fiber mop well wrung out. buy one of those industrial yellow janitorial bucket/wringing things on wheels from sams.

my flat in london had these floors, never again!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mr. clean makes a magic eraser mop that is incredible. I love it and my kitchen floors are groved and keep dirt trapped, it''s the only thing i''ve found to get that dirt out. they make another type sponge mop for hardwoods and I love that too.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I had Pergo flooring in my old home in the kitchen, half bath and laundry room area. I used a Hoover Floor Mate to clean it and it did a great job. I never had problems with the floor buckling from using it. The floormate doesn''t put out that much liquid when it cleans, no more than a Swiffer wet jet. It vacuums the water up as it''s scrubbing so there really isn''t a lot of water standing on the floor. I only had problems with some buckling of the Pergo when the half bath toilet overflowed and sat for a while before we discovered it. The floormate came in handy for that one too. It does great as a wet vac in a pinch. I loved it for cleaning up glasses of spilled milk or juice. Just vacuum up the spill, spray a little cleaner on it and then vacuum up the cleaning solution.

I still use it to clean my hardwood floors we have in our new home. You can buy Lysol Hardwood floor cleaner specially formulated to use in the Floormate. Same as with the Pergo, as long as you don''t leave big puddles of liquid sitting on the hardwood floor, you won''t have any problems with buckling.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! how long did you use that procedure in your old home? just wondering if it will stand the test of time as my mother has pergo in her kitchen. thanks!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I use a wetjet for the kitchen and bathroom floor (the rest of our coop is carpeted) and I think it works great. Plus the Wetjet cleaning solution smells really yummy.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 3:09:11 PM
Author: crown1
hi! how long did you use that procedure in your old home? just wondering if it will stand the test of time as my mother has pergo in her kitchen. thanks!
We had the Pergo for about 6 years before we sold the house and I cleaned it with a Floormate almost every time I mopped which was about every 10 days or so. I did also use a sponge mop and bucket occasionally when I didn''t feel like dragging out the Floormate--again, no problems with buckling. I did have the glued down Pergo as opposed to the snap together kind. The installers recommended the glued down Pergo in areas with the potential for wetness.

My MIL had the Wilsonart laminate flooring in her house and used a sponge mop to clean her floors. She didn''t have the glued together kind and she only had buckling problems where water leaked and puddled on the floor next to her patio door. She has had her laminate floors for almost 10 years now.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Damp sponge mop with white vinegar and warm water, the safest for wood floors and laminate, and will never leave a film.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks pearcrazy! my mom is very careful about just damp moping. i will read this to her.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have hardwood floors in our dining and living room, and vinyl tiling in the kitchen. I HATE the swiffer wetjet thing...I used it one time and I thought it sucked for getting the tile in the kitchen clean. Since it''s only a maybe 8x10foot space, I prefer to do the hands and knees thing in there, even after doing a sponge mop/bucket routine, which still leaves not only a dirty residue but marks from where the mop comes to an end...I like those Clorox wipe things and I just use those and go to town on my hands and knees. As far as the wood flooring, we had them totally redone and resealed a couple years ago after we moved into this house and I still mop them with Mr. Clean and then again get down on hands and knees after vacuuming up any dust or debris when they''re dry, THEN I still go over them with wipes just in case any hardcore spots are left over. I''m a little bit anal about clean floors.
15.gif
9.gif
I would LOVE to have a Hoover floor cleaner, though. Sorry you have Pergo, Skippy, and can''t get the flooring wet. Probably the wetjet is a good option for you...just check for leftover debris when you''re done, I guess. I also just bought one of those OrangeGlo mop things for hardwood floors but it says it''s not for laminates so that won''t work for you either...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
two for the Mr.Clean; I think I will try it. We were going to get bamboo; now I am glad we didn''t after hearing about the pergo. Bamboo I am sure would be even more delicate. Thanks everyone!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I might have to try that Mr Clean magic eraser mop MrsS - the new place we''re in is all hardwood and it sorely needs a good clean!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I had Pergo many moons ago and another house.
Vacumed and then sponge mopped with Windex.
But I bet those Swifter things are perfect for it.

Now I have wood floors, lots of wood (huge house)
For a few years I mopped with a wood floor cleaner I bought at the
grocery store. Then a house keeper damp mopped with water only and
oh boy, big trouble. I had a film that would not come up. DH and I
got a steamer and thick beach towels and got that up.(wax build-up from the cleaner)
It took a 3-day weekend, but we did it. Then I only damp moppped with warm water and a string mop. Worked for years, but just this week I tried a Swifter and the solution that
comes with it. Clean floors and smelled great. I''ll try it again, kinda like
this new way, but I hope I''m not screwing up the floors again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results