shape
carat
color
clarity

Circle of Life thoughts

Yusiro

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

I posted this same thread over in the Jewelry Pieces sub forum, but it was suggested that I might get more thoughts and responses over here.

My Fiancee and I were looking for ideas for wedding bands at Spence Diamonds in Toronto (I say idea's because we're actually having them made by the same person who made her ER) when some diamond pendants caught her eye - specifically this one: http://spencediamonds.ca/pendants/style-23716 .I was thinking something like this would make a nice wedding present for her on the day of the wedding. Has anyone had experience with the quality of this piece? It's .25ctw 14k white gold - for the same thing I've seen prices from 300 (maul stores - never) all the way up to 1800. Obviously the diamonds would be better quality in the higher price points, but would this be noticeably different enough to merit 3x the cost?

We're paying for our wedding ourselves, so money is a little tighter than we'd like - Ideally the price from Spence is at the top of my price range.

Just wondering if anyone has seen equal/better quality for less (and where if possible), or if I should avoid it altogether?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all,

Yusiro

Yusiro

Rough_Rock
Hi Rubybeth - thanks for your reply and searching on this one. Spence (which is a Canadian company, most likely why you aren't familiar with them) had a version this size as well but she was not happy with it as it seemed to get lost on her neck. The 9.1mm from Brian Gavin I'm sure is gorgeous and sparkling, but the diameter that looked the best on her was around 18-20mm - by eye it was between a nickle and a quarter in size.

I do appreciate your looking for me though!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yusiro|1364393437|3414474 said:
Hi Rubybeth - thanks for your reply and searching on this one. Spence (which is a Canadian company, most likely why you aren't familiar with them) had a version this size as well but she was not happy with it as it seemed to get lost on her neck. The 9.1mm from Brian Gavin I'm sure is gorgeous and sparkling, but the diameter that looked the best on her was around 18-20mm - by eye it was between a nickle and a quarter in size.

I do appreciate your looking for me though!

I have one made by Whiteflash. The outside diameter is about 19.5mm, perhaps the size she is looking for. The 9.1mm Brian Gavin pendant has 1-pt (or smaller) melees, but the Whiteflash one is 5-pt, which is more significant. Since the melees are F color VS clarity and super cut ACA cut, they are guaranteed sparkling and bright white. Price is slightly below $2000 with loyalty customer and wire/check price discounts. Here is the link.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-pendants/circle-of-life-diamond-pendant-702.htm

The website has photos that include modelling picture, so you can appreciate the real size perspective.

I am also attaching a photo of mine for your reference. There are some minor differences with mine. It has
1. an 18-inch chain (double), instead of single 16" (you can specify length your desired length),
2. additional 1.xx-ct diamod attached to the bottom, and
3. chains are hard wired to the pendant instead of being threaded through.
Despite the differences, you can still get an idea about the size of the pendant on a person.

long_1_-_copy.jpg

Yusiro

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful FancyDiamond - and exactly the diameter that I'm looking for! Not so big that it's all you can see, but not so small that you're squinting.

Thanks for the link and photo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results