shape
carat
color
clarity

Cincinnati Zoo Names Its Newest Baby Penguin “Bowie

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
The Cincinnati Zoo celebrated the birth of its first baby animal of 2016 on Friday, a blue penguin. As Friday was both Elvis Presley’s and David Bowie’s birthday, but the zoo already has a penguin named “The King,” it was decided that the penguin would be named “Bowie.”
“Meet Bowie, the first Zoo Baby of 2016! The chick was named after @DavidBowieReal because today is his birthday!,” tweeted the Zoo. The zoo says the baby penguin hatched at 6 am Friday, weighing less than 46 grams (1.6 ounces).

http://www.boredpanda.com/baby-penguin-david-bowie-tribute-cincinnati-zoo/

image_4182.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww what a precious precious baby. :love: :love: :love: And a very fitting name honoring Bowie.
Thank you for posting about this Rockinruby.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Awww, I'm so glad you thought he was a cutie! I wasn't going to post it, but then thought at least Missy will want to see it! :lol: Baby animals are so cute! Hmmm, we've been invited to go visit some puppies this coming wknd which may or may not be a great idea! :Up_to_something:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go visit the puppies Rockinruby. :appl: You will have the best time and well maybe end up rescuing a wonderful furbaby. :appl:
Oh and if you do end up going maybe a puppy pic or 2 for those of us who are puppy deprived...pretty please. :cheeky:

And thank you again for posting about this baby penguin. I bet many others find him super adorable too! :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Missy, you are right about others liking animal stories. That's one thing I love about PS....there are a lot of animal lovers here! :clap:

I will be happy to post puppy pics if we go. The last one we adopted was a senior dog so we might be ready for a younger one the next time. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1452649240|3975107 said:
Missy, you are right about others liking animal stories. That's one thing I love about PS....there are a lot of animal lovers here! :clap:

I will be happy to post puppy pics if we go. The last one we adopted was a senior dog so we might be ready for a younger one the next time. :appl:

Good luck Rockinruby! Wish I could join you this weekend...Have fun!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results