carat
color
clarity

Car advice needed!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minmin001|1407980016|3731932 said:
So I was going to get the CX5 AWD but sadly being in Austin there isn't many of those so both of my color options are no go. After read about the way CX5's AWD system works it seems like it wouldn't really work much here.
My So and I go to NM's ranch least once a year, and with the baby coming I need make a safe decision.
CX5 FWD or Forester...help !!! ;(

We have the FWD CX5 and love it. DH wanted the FWD because after his research, he believed it was better than the AWD. We actually special ordered the FWD and had to wait for it to be made and shipped in to us!
I've talked with the guys in the service department and several of them agree the FWD is better than the AWD.

The FWD gets a bit better mileage than the AWD and is also a bit perkier getting up to speed.

I've never once felt in danger due to the performance of the CX7 or of the CX5.

If you're driving in snow/ice, make sure to get great tires no matter what car you choose.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
So I was going to get the CX5 AWD but sadly being in Austin there isn't many of those so both of my color options are no go. After read about the way CX5's AWD system works it seems like it wouldn't really work much here.
My So and I go to NM's ranch least once a year, and with the baby coming I need make a safe decision.

I remember you saying you don't get snow so maybe take AWD of the table. Which car did you like better? Which had bester gas mileage? Which has lower owner cost over 5 years? (i'm attaching links for you...although I'm not sure which model forrester you were looking at...) Which car will fit your needs now and in the future? Which ones has the best features for the money? Which one is "safer"?

http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/cx-5/2014/tco.html?style=200459302

http://www.edmunds.com/subaru/forester/2014/tco.html?style=200460194

The dealership had one car in my color preference, it was the showroom model and had a "sold" tag on it ;( The gentleman had bought it right before i came in. They said he wasn't stuck on the color so they called him and they ended up selling to me instead and found him another from their other dealership. Only had 4 miles on it when i bought it!

Good luck and let us know what you decide!!!!!

1011753_10153969399955271_1601695716_n.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've also had ours out camping and to the rifle range. Big ruts, bumps, hole, roots, etc.
Good ground clearance.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1407967247|3731792 said:
Tacori E-ring|1407958083|3731674 said:
I JUST bought a 2013 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD. CRV was one of the cars I test drove and I HATED it. The blind spot was horrible and it vibrated. All the SUVs in this size have some blind spot issues but the blind spot sensors really sold me on the Mazda. The inside was much nicer as well (finishes, options). I have only had it for two weeks but I love it. Consumer Reports also raved about the CX-5. I am averaging 28-29 MPG as well.

ETA: Test driving is SO important. I drove 5 and it was obvious to me which car I felt the most comfortable with.

Hi Tacori! When you test drove the CRV, did you notice the pick up (or lack thereof, I think)? My mom has a CRV and I've driven it a few times. It's nice but the blind spot was pretty bad (and the back window was like looking through a porthole). The thing that drove me crazy more than that, though, was the really SLOW pick up it had on the highway. Drove me nuts. I'm glad you like the CX-5. Maybe I'll add it to my list when I look at cars in the next year or so.

Hey M! I can't really remember. I did drive on the highway. I really thought I was going to get a CRV (before test driving) so no one was more surprised than I was that I hated the way it drove. The Rouge was second for me (the way it drove) but again, bad blind spot and no available blind spot monitoring. We'll see how it handles in the winter which is what really prompted me to go back to a SUV. My friend has a Juke and I love it (and the way it drives) but it is too small for me at this point in my life.

Love, I am THRILLED with the mpg. I am getting better than my Sonata (V6). I drive a lot of highway so maybe that's the difference? I have only filled it up once since I bought it.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Soooooo we decided on CX5 touring FWD. Now just need help with picking a color. Blue Reflex or Liquid Silver

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minmin001|1408142875|3733252 said:
Soooooo we decided on CX5 touring FWD. Now just need help with picking a color. Blue Reflex or Liquid Silver

Fun!

Our cx7 was the silver color. Our cx5 is the dark blue. I think I like the blue better but it is a close one.

The dark blue looks okay when dusty but so does the silver.

Good luck choosing!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
also, should I buy the accessories from the dealership like the all weather floor mats etc or is there better place to go?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minmin001|1408145992|3733280 said:
also, should I buy the accessories from the dealership like the all weather floor mats etc or is there better place to go?

When we bought ours, it was so new there was no other place to buy. The prices at the dealership weren't bad and it was nice to have the correct stuff to just fit in place.
We got the cargo net. It was nice when we used it, but don't really need it often.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my all weather mats and the trunk all weather cargo liner from a mazda dealership down south and online. Their prices could not be beat! Let me find the link for you. http://medcentermazda.com/custom/mazda-parts/

They shipped super fast and I got everything within 3 days. My dealership couldn't beat the price. I plan on buying the cargo cover thingy soon :)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1408154952|3733375 said:
I bought my all weather mats and the trunk all weather cargo liner from a mazda dealership down south and online. Their prices could not be beat! Let me find the link for you. http://medcentermazda.com/custom/mazda-parts/

They shipped super fast and I got everything within 3 days. My dealership couldn't beat the price. I plan on buying the cargo cover thingy soon :)

great! thank you. I will check it out! =)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1408143217|3733258 said:

Fun!

Our cx7 was the silver color. Our cx5 is the dark blue. I think I like the blue better but it is a close one.

Good luck choosing!

I know. so hard to decide =(

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minmin001|1408206492|3733710 said:
TooPatient|1408143217|3733258 said:

Fun!

Good luck choosing!

I know. so hard to decide =(

Since we custom ordered ours, we had EVERY color to choose between :-o
It came down to silver (the light one), dark blue, cinnamon red, or black cherry... Gah!
We finally picked the dark blue (which I now love!) but I spent the next 2 months talking about the other colors and wondering if we could change our order :lol:

Good luck!

Let us know which you choose!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1407988848|3732026 said:

We have the FWD CX5 and love it. DH wanted the FWD because after his research, he believed it was better than the AWD. We actually special ordered the FWD and had to wait for it to be made and shipped in to us!
I've talked with the guys in the service department and several of them agree the FWD is better than the AWD.

The FWD gets a bit better mileage than the AWD and is also a bit perkier getting up to speed.

I've never once felt in danger due to the performance of the CX7 or of the CX5.

If you're driving in snow/ice, make sure to get great tires no matter what car you choose.

Bought the blue reflex today! :praise:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results