shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Trekkie

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Trekkie

I have been thinking a lot about my dad since I arrived in Australia and I find that you and your mum are inextricably linked into my thoughts.

How are you doing? I haven't been around much but I wanted to say you are in my thoughts and my prayers!!! :wavey:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Susan!

Thank you so much for thinking of me. I don't quite know how I am handling my mother's death. I think I'm mostly in denial. We didn't have a very good relationship. For various reasons I wrote her out of my life when I was 13. It was difficult when she died because it brought up all the reasons I had ended our relationship. Whenever someone sympathises with me for the loss of my mother I feel like an utter fraud. It's been months now and I still haven't had a proper cry.

How are you coping with the loss of your dad? I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying Australia. It is one of my favourite places. Whereabouts in Oz are you based?

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad you are back. Like I said, if I am having a miserable day regarding my dad, I inevitably think about you because it was very close in timing.

I am ok, I think. It is quite weird. My dad died in March, very suddenly, or so I thought, but in hindsight, I kind of knew it may be coming IYKWIM.
I think he did too, but we both put it to the back of minds.

Anyway, I had to deal with my daughter (aged five) and my mum, as we were all present at the time he died (it was very sudden). My husband was in Australia and could only come home for a short time for the funeral.
So I was on my own looking after the 2 most important women in my life and I just had to get on with our move, my college course etc

Now that we are in Australia, I have days when I am overcome with grief. Which is weird because I managed through the immediate months ok. I find it hard to talk to anyone about it because I am so emotional about it, even with my DH.
Also, most people think that as it has been a number of months I am ok, but I am not.

I loved my dad, but as we were so alike, we often did not get along. We were kind of a red rag to a bull to each other. In his last year he was very difficult. I now know it was because he was struggling with an ailing heart, but I did not realize to what extent he was suffering.

So whilst maybe not to the same degree, I can relate to your difficult relationship to someone who was massively important to our story, but who is no longer with us, but continues to affect us and our moods.

I hope you can find peace and you can allow yourself to grieve in whichever way is appropriate. I hope I am making sense, probably not.

On a brighter note, we are in Perth, which is beautiful, if very stormy today. We have a view onto the indian ocean and for a city lover like me it is a wonder indeed. I cannot wait for some sunshine though I may live to regret that statement.

:wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
susimoo|1313416268|2991174 said:
On a brighter note, we are in Perth, which is beautiful, if very stormy today. We have a view onto the indian ocean and for a city lover like me it is a wonder indeed. I cannot wait for some sunshine though I may live to regret that statement.:wavey:

yes, i'm afraid that unless you really love very very hot weather, you may regret that statement! Perth can get very very very hot......

congratulations to both of you for reaching out and sharing.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1313427001|2991293 said:
susimoo|1313416268|2991174 said:
On a brighter note, we are in Perth, which is beautiful, if very stormy today. We have a view onto the indian ocean and for a city lover like me it is a wonder indeed. I cannot wait for some sunshine though I may live to regret that statement.:wavey:

yes, i'm afraid that unless you really love very very hot weather, you may regret that statement! Perth can get very very very hot......

congratulations to both of you for reaching out and sharing.

MZ

I figured as much. :bigsmile:
I haven't had a summer since 2009, because it just bypassed us in Scotland last year. Plus when we left in June 2011, there had been no summer as yet, hence my need for some sunshine!!!
Feel as if I have been in perpetual winter and my boots since June 2009!! :lol:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hey Susimoo!

I have been wondering how you are settling in. This is the first 'real' winter we have had for a few years but it should be over soon and the warm weather will be upon us before you know it! (I can't wait... I'm so cold!)

If you would like to meet up sometime for a cuppa and a chat I will be more than happy to! It sounds like you are living in a nice spot if you have views of the Indian Ocean :))

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1313499046|2991825 said:
Hey Susimoo!

I have been wondering how you are settling in. This is the first 'real' winter we have had for a few years but it should be over soon and the warm weather will be upon us before you know it! (I can't wait... I'm so cold!)

If you would like to meet up sometime for a cuppa and a chat I will be more than happy to! It sounds like you are living in a nice spot if you have views of the Indian Ocean :))

Helooooooo!!

Sorry I disappeared for a few days. It has been a busy week!!
I would love to meet you and other fellow Perth people!! (not sure what the correct terminology is!! :oops: )

Just let me know how we go about it and we can soon be swapping sparkly stories, hopefully in the sun!!!
:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results