shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Storm.....Two Things

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Hi Karl,

I know you love storms and diamonds. Can you recommend any picture books on storms? Also, do you know of any books with photos of step cut and ec diamonds....maybe some historical pieces of jewelry, too? I have several books in my collection, but would like to find one with mainly step cut photos.

Thank you!
36.gif

Lori

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm let me see if I can find the name of it, I used to have a kicken storm photobook that got destroyed....

As far as step cut diamond books I don''t know of any off hand that I would recommend.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Karl!

I''ve been through two hurricanes...Alicia in 1983 and Ike in 2008....along with several small twisters. During Alicia, we went outside just before the storm started and it was the most amazing calm. We remained outside until the rain was stinging our faces. Then we went back outside during the eye and it was again the most amazing calm. Anyway, watching the clouds come was awesome....we suffered lots of damage, as did many others.

During Ike, I opened the front door while the wind was hitting the back of the house and saw the most fierce storm...it was awesome, but still we received damage. Nature is amazing.

We were down at Galveston fishing one day and a storm came through in a hurry...we counted 5 water spouts just ahead of us....it was incredible. We just sat there on the pier, like dummies, watching these things come closer and closer.

Anyway, I find storms mesmerizing.....

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YAY....awesome suggestions!!!!

Thank you again....you''re the MAN!
36.gif

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results