carat
color
clarity

calling sarahb

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahb

Where do you go to get your rings and things appraised? I need to get my marquise appraised. I took it to get it sized over the weekend at Thomas S Fox, but only because it was literally the only place that was open past 4 on a Saturday! Plus, I wanted it done before the weekend. Anywho.... where do you take your stuff?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Neil!

We had been long time customers of Herkners, when they were down town. Jeff Juhas was the guy we worked with. Very nice, but again, wish we had known then (what we know now) when we began purchasing jewelry years ago.

I now go to Juhas & Sullivan over on East Paris (by Bonefish Grill) for repairs etc. Jeff partnered with another Herkner person, George
Sullivan.

Jeff recently told me they don't appraise anything they don't sell (????), so would not appraise my AGS certed eternity from WF. ?????

I did have him 'appraise' my original ering diamond a few months ago, as he sold it to us back in the earlier Herkner days--1990's. It's a GIA D VS. I want to get it re-set, but have yet to decide what to do etc.

I just recently realized Pearlmans is very close in Battlecreek! I don't know why, but every time I saw it referenced here on PS I just assumed it was on the east coast somewhere! I do want to go visit to check out some settings for my ering diamond. Once I can get it figured out!

Maybe a call to Pearlmans would be productive?

Good luck with your search Neil!
sarahb

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I like Juhas & Sullivan. I'm getting my SOs wedding band there. They did try to work with me on some old marquise they had lying around but they were still too expensive.

Did you know they sell sholdt stuff now at DeVries (I think that's the place).

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do like Jeff & George personally, but won't buy anything substantial there anymore after the last experience.

I've been replacing the core pieces that required it--oh my word, wished we had known then what we know now. :-o
sarahb

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1376409656|3502147 said:
I do like Jeff & George personally, but won't buy anything substantial there anymore after the last experience.

I've been replacing the core pieces that required it--oh my word, wished we had known then what we know now. :-o
sarahb

I looked into it and they are the w bands are the same price as the online spot, and my SO really liked them, or else I'd be buying it online. But might as well buy local if its the same price.

But yeah I won't buy any loose diamonds from any place around here.

Closest place to me is Richard Engles and that place is so annoying.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Agree also: would love to buy local if quality & price were equal. & for a band, no problem--anything more than that, probably not--given all the options online.
sarahb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results