shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling San Diego PSers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Considering how great it was to meet up with the L.A./OC PSers a couple of weeks ago and the requests in the L.A./OC Thread for a San Diego get together, I decided to start this thread to see who would be interested, and where we''d like to meet up. I think it would be really fun to meet for lunch and possibly set up an appointment with one of the local jewelers
36.gif

So, without further ado, who would be interested in getting together, when, and where?

I look forward to meeting more SoCal girls (and boys if any are interested!)
35.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am in I am in.... However my schedule is limited to July and August this year since I have not finished my school at PA just yet!!!

Do count me in and I hope to meet SCal gals from PS this summer!!!

I don't officially live in San Diego YET but wil move there after December for good :
emwink.gif
Let's get the party started!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 2:00:23 AM
Author: zhuzhu
I am in I am in.... However my schedule is limited to July and August this year since I have not finished my school at PA just yet!!!

Do count me in and I hope to meet SCal gals from PS this summer!!!

I don''t officially live in San Diego YET but wil move there after December for good :
emwink.gif
Let''s get the party started!

Wonderful! What part of SD are you moving to?

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I will have a post doc position w/ either UCSD or Scripps, hopefully I will get a housing near the compus. Do you work in one of the SD fabulous institutions?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I used to work for Scripps (only for about a year), but now I work for a consulting firm in La Jolla. There are SOOO many great apartments/condos around UCSD/Scripps for young professionals that you will not have trouble finding a good one. I used to commute from Del Mar/Carmel Valley, and it took me a whole 10 minutes to get to work!
9.gif
You''re going to love the area.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I would love to ask you more about SD researcher enviorement when we meet (you are RESEARCHER!!!
12.gif
).

What jewlry store do you have in mind for our PSer "bling fantacy"?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
My favorites are Jessop''s Jewelers, Harold Stevens, and Coin Mart (this one has an odd name, but it''s a great store and they even do the Gemprints). But, we could do La Jolla and hit Cartier and the other boutique and estate stores.

And of course we can talk research in the area
1.gif
What are you doing your post doc research in? If I remember correctly, you too are a Ph.D., but in genetics? Is that right or am I way off base?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wish i could afford the housing in SD. beautiful weather yr round.
10.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Come visit, DF! You know we''d welcome you
35.gif

You can always live on the beach--literally. With the warm weather who needs a house?
2.gif
9.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Cartier
30.gif
?? I have not been into one since I left NYC in early 1990''s. Also, what are gemprints? I am sure your opinions are the way to go!

Yep, genetic epid is what i do. Got to take advantage of the human genome project. What was your doctoral research in? I take that it was basic science of some sort? Are you still working in the similiar area?

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
How cool. how did your doctoral work fit into Scripps? Aren''t they a basic science research institute?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I''m busy until the weekend of June 24th and Zhuzhu won''t be here until July, so maybe we can plan something for the 8th/9th of July. We could also plan one in June if enough people are interested.

What is everyone elses availability?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I just went to lookup Cartier on their website, and it''s not listed. Am I crazy? I swear I''ve been to one on Girard. I will see if it''s still there when I go for my haircut today. If it''s no longer there, at least there''s C.J. Charles!

As for restaurants, Jose''s is a good choice if you like Mexican. If you don''t like Mexican there''s Roppongi, Zenbu, etc.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Saddy sad sad!!! I will be on tour the whole month of July
7.gif
And I live in LJ!!

Well that''s ok. I will still take part in the chit-chat and come to the NEXT one!!

On Prospect there is Jose''s and Alfonso''s, but my FAVORITE is Su Casa on La Jolla Blvd. That''s like my soul food!!

There are a bunch of jewelry stores on Proscpect but I don''t know whether or not there''s a Cartier.

I have never been to Coin Mart and now I''m intrigued!!!

And speaking of Jessop''s.....when I went to pick up my ring they had a FOUR carat EC (just off square, STUNNING) with trap sides and double claw prongs that had just come in that I got to play with. YUM YUM YUM YUM!!!!! Love their estate stuff too.

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Ack! I''d love to but that is too far for me to drive (I hate long drives!) Researcher I didn''t know you lived in SD. Wow, so glad you were able to come out for the LA/OC one!!! I wish wish WISH I could go, but I can''t.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am actually flying into San Diego June 23 (Friday)and will drive up to LA for my work Sunday June 25. So maybe we can meet Sat. June 24 so Bluerose can join us? Any taker?

Also, I will be visiting my FI in SD all available weekends in July and August, if 6/24 does not work out.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
June 24 I will be in LA for a friend''s baby shower
7.gif

But now that there are so many San Diegans on PS I know I''ll make it to a GTG even if it''s not this one!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 2:44:20 PM
Author: blueroses
Saddy sad sad!!! I will be on tour the whole month of July
7.gif
And I live in LJ!!

Well that''s ok. I will still take part in the chit-chat and come to the NEXT one!!

On Prospect there is Jose''s and Alfonso''s, but my FAVORITE is Su Casa on La Jolla Blvd. That''s like my soul food!!

There are a bunch of jewelry stores on Proscpect but I don''t know whether or not there''s a Cartier.

I have never been to Coin Mart and now I''m intrigued!!!

And speaking of Jessop''s.....when I went to pick up my ring they had a FOUR carat EC (just off square, STUNNING) with trap sides and double claw prongs that had just come in that I got to play with. YUM YUM YUM YUM!!!!! Love their estate stuff too.

How could I forget Su Casa? That place is delicious!!!
18.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I actually go to Model Call Salon (Kelly does my hair (her website is http://www.hairbyreeves.com/), but I figured that, being in La Jolla, I could do a drive by. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to do it! I''ll have to check it out later in the week
8.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 4:00:24 PM
Author: DodgerGurl
Ack! I''d love to but that is too far for me to drive (I hate long drives!) Researcher I didn''t know you lived in SD. Wow, so glad you were able to come out for the LA/OC one!!! I wish wish WISH I could go, but I can''t.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

There''s always the train, you know....
31.gif

I wish you could join us too.
7.gif
The only reason I made it to the L.A. one is I had to drop my hubby off for a dive trip. I may make it to other L.A. GTGs though because my brother and lots of friends from college live up that way, and I do consulting up there. For me it just depends on how far north the GTG is as I too hate long drives.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 5:55:14 PM
Author: blueroses
June 24 I will be in LA for a friend''s baby shower
7.gif

But now that there are so many San Diegans on PS I know I''ll make it to a GTG even if it''s not this one!!

Too bad! But, there will be others
35.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
So, right now we're looking at the 8th/9th in La Jolla. Who can make that date? If you can't, please suggest another date
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2006 3:54:40 AM
Author: researcher
Come visit, DF! You know we''d welcome you
35.gif

You can always live on the beach--literally. With the warm weather who needs a house?
2.gif
9.gif
researcher
thanks for the invitation.if i come, i don''t think the other ladies would show up
9.gif
besides, i don''t have any ring to show off
7.gif
plus, i might run off with your beautiful 3+ ct princess
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results