shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Laptop Wizards: Need help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
I''m confused as to how I got viruses, the guy at GS said (if he could speak candidly) that most come from adult sites. I don''t & I''m the ONLY one who uses this pc. I told him ''when you look at my computer & history--you''ll see where I go--it''s pretty pedestrian''. I also do not gamble or go to those kinds of sites.
Don''t believe the hype. You can get ''em almost anywhere now. If a site (adult or not) doesn''t have an airtight security policy or if you download software or games or what you thought was music but isn''t or whatever, you can pull in any multitude of trojans and viruses. And those viruses open little backdoors in your OS and let their friends in for a big party. He was dumbing it down for you, they''re used to having to do that.
37.gif

I totally would''ve done the exact thing they did, by the way. Especially the trick of updating your memory. The 2GB memory upgrade made your computer about 8 times faster. Looks like magic, but you could''ve easily done that yourself.
31.gif

ANYWAY enough from me. Glad it''s up and running!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2007 1:38:08 PM
Author: Julianna

Date: 7/10/2007 1:27:11 PM
Author: Lorelei

Hehehe...hey - one thing I CAN do is solder
3.gif
Off laptop-topic: I had glasses from when I was in first grade until I switched to contacts in 10th. When I had wire frames, they''d sometimes get into small accidents (ie. my dad sitting on them...) and would break at the nosepiece. Dad and I soldered those suckers together so many times...

Anyway soldering brings back fond memories of hideous glasses.
Hehehe...my Daddy taught me to solder! It is a useful skill to have!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results