shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Diamond Seeker

janetjoan64

Shiny_Rock
Hi, Just wanted to check with you regarding availability tomorrow.I would love it if you were able to give me your opinion on the 1.72 stone. Please let me know! Many thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I would love to come if the weather is okay! It takes me close to an hour to get there, and I just hate the traffic in bad weather. We can touch base here in the morning to confirm maybe around 9, if that suits you.

I was thinking we could meet in that waiting area to the right just inside the first doors of the store where your diamond is. If for any reason I get caught in traffic or am more than a few minutes late, I will call that store and leave a message for Janet Jones. So if I am late go ask the receptionist if she has a message for that name.

How about 10:30? That would give us time there and then we could go over to Tiffany's and get some lunch! I'd need to leave no later than about 1:30. I'll probably be really casual, as in jeans, if that is okay. I can tell you in the morning what I am wearing so that you can tell who I am!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just posted on the BGD thread w Blueiris, MGR, etc. --- please post photos of your shopping trip! :appl: :appl: Live too far from NYC so hoping to live vicariously thru your expeditions!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

janetjoan64

Shiny_Rock
Oh that sounds perfect. Keeping my fingers crossed about the weather!.I will be casual too. I will be the one wearing the VS2/I 1.34 diamond! Just kidding but wouldnt that be too funny! I will be casual too. I am sure they will be delighted I have brought a friend.I will touch base here with you tomorrow morning at nine. So excited and thankful that you are willing to help. Looking forward to it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it will be fun for me, too! It is not nearly as much fun to go those places by myself!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1326075940|3098256 said:
Just posted on the BGD thread w Blueiris, MGR, etc. --- please post photos of your shopping trip! :appl: :appl: Live too far from NYC so hoping to live vicariously thru your expeditions!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

The trip tomorrow is not in NYC, unfortunately!!! But we can update this thread with notes from our trip tomorrow! Pictures will be up to janetjoan because we are looking at diamonds for her tomorrow! Although, I may look for a plain Tiffany band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I am planning to come! I'll have on a light teal color turtleneck with jeans and probably a short black raincoat. Hair is dark brown. Let's say 10:45. I am going to try a new way and hopefully it will be faster, but you never know! See you soon!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to pics!!! :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
hurry hurry home!!! Tell us about your day!! we are all excited to hear how it went and show us some pic's, if you took any !!! :D :bigsmile: :D :appl:

janetjoan64

Shiny_Rock
OK sooo.... We had the best time today thanks to DS. She is unbelievable with her discriminating eye and wealth of information. I really cant thank her enough . She travelled almost 2 hours round trip just to help me out and boy did she ever. I really could not have done it without her. It turns out that the vs2 I color with medium fluourescence faced up whiter than the vs2 h color without fl. Both stones were triple x GIA stones and both had excellent hca scores but we both blindly preferred the vs2 I with mb fl. I took a picture of both stones with my vs2 i color stone in the ring for comparison. Unfortunately its the only picture I have as we spent way too much time in the jewelery store. DS helped me down to the very last detail which was deciding on the prongs for the new stone.Turns out the in house bench person will be able to mount the new stone on my existing setting. Hopefully a little lower and with a 4 prong head instead of six. I cant wait to get it and will post tons of pics when I do. Did I mention we went to Tiffanys afterwards where DS treated herself to a little something although I will leave it up to her to share that with you .She is an amazing person and I am so glad I was able to meet her today.Here is the pic of the diamonds Tell me which one you think is the vs2I stone :wavey:

Township_1_Charlotte-20120106-00535.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
both look amazing!!! :love: :love: :love: I on the rt?'
sounds like a wonderful gtg :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also had a great time diamond shopping with JJ! She had a very nice excellent cut diamond in her ring, but the tint of her I stone from the side bothered her. But wow, the one she ended up choosing must have been a high I plus helped by the fluorescence, because I really couldn't tell it apart from the H. And I chose it over the H when I didn't know which was which! Her setting is just gorgeous and it is going to make a beautiful ring! I can't wait to see it all finished! :love:

After accomplishing our main task, we went over to Tiffany's and I had wanted to look at their 2mm platinum milgrain bands to wear with misc rings such as my 5 stone band. I was able to try it on with my Legacy band and the Tiffany knife edge e-ring (which was helpful since I am considering that setting).

I really like JJ because she is a serious deal hunter like me, although I am laughing at the fact that I just overpayed for a Tiffany band! But I guess my good deals balance out my little splurges! :bigsmile:

IMG_2838.JPG

janetjoan64

Shiny_Rock
You are right . Did the spark of bluefl give it away? Itreally was impossible to tell the difference. Very fun!

janetjoan64

Shiny_Rock
But a Tiffany band will always hold its value! And some things you just have to splurge on as there is nothing quite like it :appl: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fun day! Thanks for sharing....

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
janetjoan64|1326159920|3098974 said:
You are right . Did the spark of bluefl give it away? Itreally was impossible to tell the difference. Very fun!
yes, the spark of blue; it looks whiter than the H!! wow, that is awesome!!! beautiful stone!! :love:
DS, beautiful rings!!! :love:

Janet, can't wait to see your ring set!!! :appl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like such a fun day!! And DS, I'm soooooo glad you got that band! Yay!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great day you two had - sounds like such fun! (Just a tinge of jealousy--- I'd love to play with a PSer at a diamond store and then Tiffany's.... ECSTASY!!) :mrgreen:

Wonderful purchases for both of you - yippee! Great update, thanks ladies! :bigsmile:

janetjoan64

Shiny_Rock
Me either! My 3 month saga has come to a conclusion. I cant wait to get it. I am so happy. It was so wonderful that I was able to get Diamond Seekers unbiased opinion on the stone. After you look at so many diamonds its as if you cant see things clearly anymore or as if oyu are seeing what you want to see... so she really was such a big help. I acnt wait to see what its going to look like with the 40 pt differnce in size and mounted lower with 4 prongs instead of 6. All these little adjustments that DS hlpe me with are going to ad to the beauty of the ring . Very excited and cant wait to post pics!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on such a successful day!! :appl:

Looking forward to your pics Janet, and DS the band looks fantastic!! I was wondering what you'd think of it IRL with your fivestone - it looks perfect, just the right amount of vintage and modern, with the bold milgrain and polished middle :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results