shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Mac enthusiasts...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Ugh.. so this morning I woke up, turned on my macbook pro as usual, only to find that my "home" "page" and "end" (aka down, left, and right arrow) keys are not working, nor is the shift key above it. The up key and also the shift on the other side of the keyboard is working. I heard someone say that I should try holding down shift and try the arrow keys, but that didn''t work. I''m freaking out a little because I work from home, using this computer specifically for graphic design. I would love to invest in a new 15 inch macbook pro after the wedding in May, but would have to make monthly payments on it.

So I guess what I''m looking for is anyone with a solution to the keyboard issue, and also advice from anyone who has recently purchased a macbook pro.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this a sudden failure or have you noticed that they''ve been acting up for a little while?

Could be a wear and tear thing, but if it''s sudden - esp. if you ran some system updates between last use and now you could try updating your drivers?

I would go into a mac store and ask a Genius instead... that''s what they get paid for
2.gif

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I had that happen with mine. I would reboot it and the issue would be fixed.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
oh, and if all else fails you can connect an external keyboard to a laptop.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something similar happened with my MacBook Pro.

It was cracker crumbs that had gotten under the keys.
Turning the puter on its side while blowing under keys with a can of compressed air fixed it.

Apparently the crumbs prevented the keys from going down.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results