shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all e-commerce people

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I have been put in charge of sprucing up a real start up e-commerce site for a profit shop to benefit a non-profit. Keep in mind that I am the last person who should be doing this as I am NOT computer savvy. But, I do know how to retail.

That said, how do I tailor the descriptions to get google hits? How do I get to top of the list google hits? I know how to describe the item with the buzz words that people will search, i.e. Faberg. Eggs for notecards for sale. But, how do I promote the shop w/ google or any other search engine thingy? We are currently on the website''s front page under ''shopping''.

Any help would be appreciated. Like any Museum, we need the money generated.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leonid could probably answer all these Q''s as PS links are always one of the top listings when you search for random things, even my name Mara comes up with PS hits sometimes!
6.gif

Also same with Google advertising, I think he may have tried it in the past. I also did it for my previous company...I found it somewhat effective and think that it works for very specific products that people will search on...but it isn''t for all industries. It is a way to do some low-cost advertising as you can do $20 a day or something to see how it works out. Good experiment. Also their walk-through setup is very easy.

Also a huge thing for helping move small items or to drive some eyeballs is doing some email marketing and also free specials like free shipping in your Google advertising and ads, things like this are helpful when you go from a B&M to eComm as well as sometimes people won''t want to pay shipping on a pack of notecards...but don''t mind it on larger pieces where the perceived value of shipping amortized into cost is smaller.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I hear you about the shipping costs. It feel on deaf ears. The people doing the shipping send things book rate all the time. It''s one of the few things that we sell well now. So, I''m assuming they can send the notecards bookrate. Part of this is to get the images out there. We have a nice size shop, which will be expanding (after a downsize to a temp shop while construction happens).

One of the reasons for setting up the e-commerce is to try to reach those people who just don''t shop except for the net. Also, we have certain images (i.e. Art) that is our very own. Can''t be reproduced by anyone else. So, someone looking for a scarf with a certain painting or object will probably find us via google. Is that realistic?

O.K. talk to me like I am an infant. How do you even get to show up on google? Does it just happen? Or do you have to register? How do you do that?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ask Leonid...
9.gif

Truly he is the king of showing up on Google for free. PS is all over as you noted yourself!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
33.gif
33.gif
Man am I in over my head. I think I will just concentrate on getting the items up on the shopping site.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results