shape
carat
color
clarity

Britney Spears Speaking Out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2006 4:26:02 PM
Author: fire&ice
The whole thing seemed weird. Where were her publicists? The hair, the makeup, the outfit & YOU''D THINK that after a moment of taping they (her handlers) would say ''TAKE THAT GUM OUT OF YOUR MOUTH''.

Was she supposed to appear like a train wreck? She looked like a carbon of Nichole Smith!

And, while I definetly think tha papparzzi is out of control - it''s not the whole reason for her bad press. She NEVER took responsibility for her actions.
Actually, she made Anna Nicole Smith look GOOD.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
That''s just plain weirder. You''d think with her choices - all shockingly schlok - she would have gotten ONE right. Perhaps I just can not fathom someone being THAT bad with her choices. Geez, even K-fed should have given her SOME head''s up. Oh wait, that interview may play into a divorce preceedings - making K-fed the more responsible one.

No, we don''t know what''s really going on - but from that interview - one sure can glean quite a bit from her cadence, appearance, choices, etc.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
6.gif
- now I see

brit_lauer.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG starset...
41.gif

a house slash resort in beverly hills that you clean yourself...3 million dollars
keeping kfed in lowrider jeans and wife beater tanks....100 dollars
going on national television specifically to garner sympathy while wearing a too tight top, too small jean skirtand too big hair WHILE '6 or 7 months' pregnant....priceless.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
and

Britney_Matt.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
If Britney Spears wants to be respected she needs to brhave accordingly...she dresses and behaves like trash.

The latest gossip is that she changed Sean''s diaper in Victoria''s Secret, on the floor next to the sales counter and then attempted to hand the dirty diaper to the sales clerk, who wouldn''t take it. She cannot be Britney Spears, behave in this manner and expect not to be talked about.

I do think the media needs to back off, but if she didn''t do such idiotic things (number one being choosing to marry and have children with a guy who refers to himself as K-Fed), they would have nothing to write about.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
I read in a blip somewhere that they had to edit out - when she was ''crying'' one of her eyelashes fell off''

xin_570603161147692414419.jpg

Starset

Shiny_Rock
011sr.jpg

Starset

Shiny_Rock
remember her?

Britney-Jean-Spears.jpeg

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
It makes me sad how our society loves people thin but hates them fat.

I remember seeing an interview with David Lee Roth or some other rocker who said, "I never got so much hate than when I was fat. When I was a self-confessed drug addict people still loved me. But they were totally unforgiving when I gained weight. Isn't that messed up? They'd rather me be a drug addict than someone who was happy and fat."

I think fat people are the same as everyone else. They just wear their issues on the outside. Most of the time, they aren't issues even. They're as happy as they can be, just not a size 0. Why are we as a society so fat phobic?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
who said anything about her being fat? she's pregnant, not fat! i am disturbed by her appearance in general, aka lack of CARE about yourself type of thing, and what is she wearing (or not wearing) and how she comported herself (or not) on national TV than the fact that she's put on some pounds.

to me that picture that starset posted is more like 'wow look how she has changed' about everything!!! the oddest thing is that i used to read about how into training and taking care of herself and lately all you hear about is her latest cheeto fest in the papers...so of course it's a negative thing. it's like she has just morphed into some 40 year old version of herself. look at the difference from her 17 to her 24 year old self. in life, career, education, etc. that's what is sad to me.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/20/2006 9:23:15 PM
Author: Julian
It makes me sad how our society loves people thin but hates them fat.

I remember seeing an interview with David Lee Roth or some other rocker who said, 'I never got so much hate than when I was fat. When I was a self-confessed drug addict people still loved me. But they were totally unforgiving when I gained weight. Isn't that messed up? They'd rather me be a drug addict than someone who was happy and fat.'

I think fat people are the same as everyone else. They just wear their issues on the outside. Most of the time, they aren't issues even. They're as happy as they can be, just not a size 0. Why are we as a society so fat phobic?
I think you have a point about society in general and I agree, but I think the issue here isn't her weight (she is pregnant after all) but her inappropriate clothing. I saw 5 minutes of this interview and it was unbelievable
23.gif
--her breasts were spilling out. It was so inappropriate for what is supposed to be a serious, sophisticated interview with one of the country's top journalists. MANY famous women have been pregnant and looked vibrant, healthy and feminine--you don't have to wear a muumuu--but to have your body spilling out of semi-sheer clothing is disrespectful to the audience and to herself. I felt embarrassed for her as a woman! Even is she was a size 6, she should have more covered up. It's tasteless whether one is a 6 or a 16.
1.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my darling PSers!

I''m so sorry if you thought I was implying that we were fat phobic as a PS community. Nothin'' but love for you all. MUAH!

I was commenting rather on the recent tabloid headlines and society in general. I''ve noticed stars get lambasted for gaining weight these days and I wonder why we''ve become so discriminatory as a society. Anyone else notice this?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2006 4:52:15 PM
Author: Mara

I saw that too Blen...

From www.thesuperficial.com:

''Page Six reports Britney Spears was a complete mess before her Dateline interview with Matt Lauer last week. When they showed up to her Malibu mansion they found her alone without any of her publicists, and she insisted on doing her own hair and makeup, which turned out terribly and one of her fake eyelashes even fell off when she started crying during the interview.

''When [the NBC crew] got there, they thought they had the wrong day . . . During the interview, no one was there to rein things in,'' we''re told. Spears, when asked about Kevin Federline being with a pregnant Shar Jackson when they first met, shot back, ''Julia Roberts'' husband had a pregnant wife when he hooked up with Julia, but no one ever talked about that!'' Spears wore flip-flops, a see-through tank and micro-mini jeans. Reps tried to control the damage on Friday. ''They asked NBC not to release footage to places like E!,'' said a source. Asked why Spears was on her own for the interview, Sloane Zelnick said, ''Britney is a grown-up and makes her own decisions.''

If you happened to miss the interview I''ve posted the entire thing here and after the jump. Britney obviously doesn''t come off as very intelligent, but the best part is seeing her try to use air quotes when she clearly has no idea how to. Oh wait, no idea ''how'' to. Check out the clips to see what I''m talking about.''

How do I watch the clips? I do not see a link...

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
2.gif

Date: 6/20/2006 10:42:34 PM
Oh my darling PSers!

I''m so sorry if you thought I was implying that we were fat phobic as a PS community. Nothin'' but love for you all. MUAH!

I was commenting rather on the recent tabloid headlines and society in general. I''ve noticed stars get lambasted for gaining weight these days and I wonder why we''ve become so discriminatory as a society. Anyone else notice this?
Yes. And what is "fat" these days? Anything over a size 6? It''s disturbing. I guess you can argue that stars get paid to look good but if an actress creeps up to an 8--or God forbid, 10--its all over the rags. I focus on being healthy. I was born with "Marilyn Monroe" curves and I''ve learned to love them and play them up (thanks, JLo) ...and so does my husband
2.gif

I gave up starving to cling to an 6 years ago. There''s only so much lettuce one can consume.
14.gif
2.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2006 10:42:34 PM
Oh my darling PSers!

I totally agree about America''s fat phobia! My niece is 17, and a tiny size 3/4 at 5''7" tall and maybe 110-115lbs...and the boys at school tell her that she''s fat all the time. She said that a lot of the girls are scared to eat and want to be Nicole Ritchie kind of skinny! Yuck!

There are so many stars that admit that they have to exist on air to stay tiny, and that the pressure to be that thin is enormous! In a recent gossip mag, they had before and afters of stars that just got too thin!

I''m almost 5''10, and I''ve gained weight from fertility drugs...and I still weigh well within the bounds for my height, but I feel very uncomfortable at a size 8-10 when I''m used to wearing a 6! People tell I''m thin, but I feel ginormous and icky! I feel the need to explain why I''m bigger all the time...

Back to Britney...she needs a makeover and some time out of the public eye! She could do a Johnny Depp, but somehow I can''t imagine her and K-fed in France!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would not care if she is not thin, I just think she is slovenly and gross. Even without her people around, she should know better than to look like she rolled out of bed for the interview. And jeeze-us, SPIT OUT THE GUM. This did not seem to go far making her look good or improving her declining image. And K Fed should be Fed X''d out of her life...he is just sooo nasty. She cannot be so blind and dumb as to see that he is using her...poor misled thing she thinks he actually loves her? If she were a checkout girl at the Piggly Wiggly he would likely have wanted to have a one night stand and bail out ASAP. What a catastrophe she is, and I am sure it will only get worse with TWO kids. This is a girl who walks barefoot in public and goes into public restrooms without her shoes...GROSS...

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2006 2:07:59 AM
Author: diamondfan
I would not care if she is not thin, I just think she is slovenly and gross. Even without her people around, she should know better than to look like she rolled out of bed for the interview. And jeeze-us, SPIT OUT THE GUM. This did not seem to go far making her look good or improving her declining image. And K Fed should be Fed X''d out of her life...he is just sooo nasty. She cannot be so blind and dumb as to see that he is using her...poor misled thing she thinks he actually loves her? If she were a checkout girl at the Piggly Wiggly he would likely have wanted to have a one night stand and bail out ASAP. What a catastrophe she is, and I am sure it will only get worse with TWO kids. This is a girl who walks barefoot in public and goes into public restrooms without her shoes...GROSS...
I''ll never erase that barefoot gas station bathroom image from my mind! Blech...

Just shows ya that you can''t buy class!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2006 2:44:21 AM
Author: tawn

Date: 6/21/2006 2:07:59 AM
I would not care if she is not thin, I just think she is slovenly and gross. Even without her people around, she should know better than to look like she rolled out of bed for the interview. And jeeze-us, SPIT OUT THE GUM. This did not seem to go far making her look good or improving her declining image. And K Fed should be Fed X'd out of her life...he is just sooo nasty. She cannot be so blind and dumb as to see that he is using her...poor misled thing she thinks he actually loves her? If she were a checkout girl at the Piggly Wiggly he would likely have wanted to have a one night stand and bail out ASAP. What a catastrophe she is, and I am sure it will only get worse with TWO kids. This is a girl who walks barefoot in public and goes into public restrooms without her shoes...GROSS...
I'll never erase that barefoot gas station bathroom image from my mind! Blech...

Just shows ya that you can't buy class!
lol tawn, i can barely stomach using a gas station restroom if i absolutely HAVE TO....i try not to touch much and i also have a little purell bottle i use afterwards. barefoot? total EW.

i also heard that she had to be treated because she stepped on a hypodermic needle during one of her barefoot jaunts..was it last year or something? she is just seriously lucky she didn't get anything from that experience...i hope she learned her lesson at least.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I watched the train wreck...weirdly riveting. Sad to see her in her prime, clips interspersed through the segments...how far she has fallen. She appeared ignorant and trashy and ill bred. She spoke like a 14 year old from the Valley who hangs out at the mall too much. She really is spiraling down so fast...when he asked if she would like the paparazzi to leave her alone all I could think was how she will soon be a big zero and have to pay THEM to take her pictures. She will be in a "Where are they NOW" segment on VH 1...she has not had any new music out in years and likely it will be years more...Matt Lauer asked who would listen to her music then, and what would she be doing musically...clearly as a mom in her late twenties she cannot be pop'' s princess anymore and is not likely to appeal to the teeny boppers...BRITNEY, all I can say is you better have a good investment strategy and stop your hubby from spending you into the poor house...he will have 4 kids to care for...(not just your two, remember Shar Jackson?!) and since clearly he ain''t gonna be the next Eminem he best concieve of more than just impregnating you and get a JOB.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2006 5:50:16 PM
Author: RoseAngel04
well well...a bit cleaned up here huh..thought it was relevant to the subject!

People reports that KFed has signed on to represent the Five Star Vintage line by the San Francisco-based Blue Marlin clothing company. New job...
Crumbs...has he had a bath????????

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2006 10:47:19 PM
Date: 6/20/2006 4:52:15 PM

I saw that too Blen...

From www.thesuperficial.com:

''Page Six reports Britney Spears was a complete mess before her Dateline interview with Matt Lauer last week. When they showed up to her Malibu mansion they found her alone without any of her publicists, and she insisted on doing her own hair and makeup, which turned out terribly and one of her fake eyelashes even fell off when she started crying during the interview.

''When [the NBC crew] got there, they thought they had the wrong day . . . During the interview, no one was there to rein things in,'' we''re told. Spears, when asked about Kevin Federline being with a pregnant Shar Jackson when they first met, shot back, ''Julia Roberts'' husband had a pregnant wife when he hooked up with Julia, but no one ever talked about that!'' Spears wore flip-flops, a see-through tank and micro-mini jeans. Reps tried to control the damage on Friday. ''They asked NBC not to release footage to places like E!,'' said a source. Asked why Spears was on her own for the interview, Sloane Zelnick said, ''Britney is a grown-up and makes her own decisions.''

If you happened to miss the interview I''ve posted the entire thing here and after the jump. Britney obviously doesn''t come off as very intelligent, but the best part is seeing her try to use air quotes when she clearly has no idea how to. Oh wait, no idea ''how'' to. Check out the clips to see what I''m talking about.''

How do I watch the clips? I do not see a link...

Here''s the link: Britney Spears really needs the help (The Superficial)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2006 10:21:47 PM
it''s like she has just morphed into some 40 year old version of herself.
Hey, I resent that remark. I carry myself & look better than Brittany S! 40 doesn''t mean you go to hell in a handbag!
2.gif
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2006 11:21:37 AM

Hey, I resent that remark. I carry myself & look better than Brittany S! 40 doesn''t mean you go to hell in a handbag!
2.gif
9.gif
I too could outglam Britters anyday of the week!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

2.gif
9.gif
I''m sure you do look smokin'' dear F&I at your advanced age (tee hee), but this is Britney who is 24 and yet she could easily pass for 15 years older in that segment. No one wants to look a ragged 40 when they are 24!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually she does look tons older than her years - she used to be so fresh looking and pretty, now she just looks....used up and worn out. I just had a look at the pictures of her again, she has lost her glow it seems with her skin.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2006 11:34:19 AM

2.gif
9.gif
I''m sure you do look smokin'' dear F&I at your advanced age (tee hee), but this is Britney who is 24 and yet she could easily pass for 15 years older in that segment. No one wants to look a ragged 40 when they are 24!
Yeah, I agree. Cept - one doesn''t look ragged at 40!
2.gif

She does look WAYYYYYY beyond her tender age. I wonder how much of that was lack of preparation of herself. Her skin looked REALLY bad - plump, red & ruddy. Most pregnant women will look - well pregnant - but most have the best hair and skin days with all the vitamins & hormones popping around.

I just can''t get over it. To the point that she was TRYING to be the part of Nicole Smith - with better bad results. Nothing worked.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blen, THANK YOU for noticing my pleas and helping me, I did manage (took an hour on google!!!) to find it, and not great to watch when trying to chill out!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
No problem, Diamondfan!

Did anyone read the latest about Britney''s "awesome" marriage? Apparently they''re staying in different houses while on vacation in Florida so that they don''t have to deal with each other... (MSNBC, The Superficial) Does anyone know what the purpose of the interview was even supposed to be? Because it didn''t put to rest any rumors about the state of her marriage or her parenting skills.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw....i never meant the fab ladies of PS are ragged at 40!! we know better!

but you gotta admit sometimes there ARE those women who are ragged at 40, and i meant BRIT is there about 16 years too early.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results