shape
carat
color
clarity

Britney Spears Speaking Out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Oh -- thanks for the tip!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, right? The View had a pic of her from the interview and they were talking about her top and I thought, well, not what I would wear, but whatever. Then I saw clips of the interview and I was like HOLY CRAP, she''s gonna spill right out of that. Ewww.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
did anyone else''s tivo say that dateline tonite is about internet adoption? just want to make sure i''ve got the right one. it''s on at 8pm here on the west coast.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, my info said internet adoption, too, but Britney is on right now (I''m on the east coast).

Nice tidbit: Kevin didn''t tell Britney that Shar Jackson was pregnant with his child until he had been dating Britney for two months. Big loser.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 7:48:07 PM
Author: Mara
haha sophie, this is ALL silly ...!!

allison, welp at least she is honest about liking money...it''s comments like that which really inspire absolutely no sympathy from me. if you like money, then you gotta like all the drama that comes with it. one hand washes the other in that biz.

BR i remember that fab south park thread...!!

Mara,
What is silly?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I think about how cute she used to be I get sad. And while I empathize (to a degree) that she is struggling with living under a microscope, she chose this life starting back to the Mickey Mouse Club. I just feel a bit sad that she seems so trashy. And maybe she loves or loved him, but I think he showed her his character by leaving his pregnant girlfriend and toddler to hook up with her. Not a sign of a guy to be in the trenches of life with. And, she might be loaded but he is spending it pretty quick, and even without the wife beater tank and clean shaven he gives me the willies.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 8:10:11 PM
Author: lizz
O.K., Dateline just started on Fri. night, and it has only been one minute into the interview . . . I cannot believe she has her boobs and bra sticking out like that. I was going to try to go into this with an open mind, but . . .
Ditto. I was on my way out and I clicked it on...I couldn't even hear anything she was saying--her bosom was falling out of her outfit. It was NOT titillating but DISTRACTING. Poor Matt Lauer.
14.gif
32.gif

As for Britney, I say about her as I say about all/any of us: We make our beds--and then we lie in them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sophie...the whole discussion about a celebrity's life is silly...esp since it's all just speculation based on what we can read into the tabloids, the interview, etc.

but it's entertaining to say the least.
5.gif
i have yet to watch the dateline thing as we were out tonite, but i'm sure it will be quite interesting to watch tomorrow, esp with the straining bosom and the gum cracking. class...personified.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
lol
true!!
Date: 6/17/2006 2:36:04 AM
sophie...the whole discussion about a celebrity''s life is silly...esp since it''s all just speculation based on what we can read into the tabloids, the interview, etc.

but it''s entertaining to say the least.
5.gif
i have yet to watch the dateline thing as we were out tonite, but i''m sure it will be quite interesting to watch tomorrow, esp with the straining bosom and the gum cracking. class...personified.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 3:33:32 PM
You can take the girl out of the trailer, but you can''t take the trailer outta the girl!!!

I think her life is going to be just a long downhill spiral at this point. She''s tapped out at a young age, she has to support herself, her loser hubby and now 2 kids...everyone watches her like she''s under a microscope. She''s losing her looks and any sense of style or class she may have ever had. Really her life must be hell. No amount of money matters at that point. And I''m sure at some point the money will be gone too.

She''ll be on VH1''s where are they now show in about another 5 years!
I couldnt agree more.

I didnt get her explanation of why she had her baby on her lap in the car on PACIFIC COAST HIGHWAY! That is a dangerous freaking road! Its not a back road in Alabama 20 years ago with your dad, dumbass! Anyone who handles her kids that way has serious "bad mother" issues!

How embarrassed are her kids gonna be when they see this in a few years and see their mom with her boobs and bra hanging out of her shirt? I would be mortified if I ever saw similar scenes of my mother.

And the gum chewing...grow up girl!

If I got gained any empathy as a result of the interview, it was more toward Kevin than her. But he irked me too, with his awful grammar.

I dunno, if you dont want the tabloids in your life, then dont put crap like Chaotic on TV.

Did anyone else think it was weird that she kept bringing up how the media has treated other female celebs? When she mentioned Julia Roberts getting involved with a married man I thought "How dumb ARE you? Are you TRYING to make enemies?"

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
Man I wish I would have seen this!!! You guys are making me want to see it!!!!

Maybe I''ll get lucky and they will re-air it.

I heard even MTV wouldnt pick up Chaotic. It was a BAD show...apparently it was just the two of them making farting jokes, burping, talking about their ''love'' and showing eachother how sexy they were. Please!

I think there are still some articles floating around on the internet about the show Chaotic. I think it only had like 3 episodes?? It got horrible reviews.

(I have missed all you guys!!!! I havent posted in forever. Been too busy working on the cd and trying to work. But I am BACK.)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 1:31:11 PM
Author: selflove

Date: 6/16/2006 3:33:32 PM
You can take the girl out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer outta the girl!!!

I think her life is going to be just a long downhill spiral at this point. She's tapped out at a young age, she has to support herself, her loser hubby and now 2 kids...everyone watches her like she's under a microscope. She's losing her looks and any sense of style or class she may have ever had. Really her life must be hell. No amount of money matters at that point. And I'm sure at some point the money will be gone too.

She'll be on VH1's where are they now show in about another 5 years!
I couldnt agree more.

I didnt get her explanation of why she had her baby on her lap in the car on PACIFIC COAST HIGHWAY! That is a dangerous freaking road! Its not a back road in Alabama 20 years ago with your dad, dumbass! Anyone who handles her kids that way has serious 'bad mother' issues!

How embarrassed are her kids gonna be when they see this in a few years and see their mom with her boobs and bra hanging out of her shirt? I would be mortified if I ever saw similar scenes of my mother.

And the gum chewing...grow up girl!

If I got gained any empathy as a result of the interview, it was more toward Kevin than her. But he irked me too, with his awful grammar.

I dunno, if you dont want the tabloids in your life, then dont put crap like Chaotic on TV.

Did anyone else think it was weird that she kept bringing up how the media has treated other female celebs? When she mentioned Julia Roberts getting involved with a married man I thought 'How dumb ARE you? Are you TRYING to make enemies?'
I just watched it and I totally agree with what you said SL...oh and I just have to vent after watching it...
23.gif
Warning..fairly long rant....

I almost couldn't watch the whole thing, but it was like a train wreck. She's 25 now and not 17 and yet she still looks, acts, dresses and speaks like a teenager. Everything was 'aweseome' or 'cool'. How is motherhood? 'Awesome' *cracks the gum* Not like acting young is a crime, BUT you are on national TV 6-7 months pregnant, dressed in a too tight top with a PINK lace bra peeking out, jean miniskirt that was showing her whole entire thigh the whole time she sat there, BLUE EYESHADOW on, and cracking the gum and talking with her mouth open while she chewed it. I mean GOD GIRL. Seriously...I hadn't even seen the show before and I was spot on with my assessment.

Doesn't she have a PR team or something advising her? Britney...if you want to go on TV and garner sympathy, do not wear that outfit, paint your nails something other than chipped purple, take off the blue eyeshadow, spit out the gum, and for god sakes woman COVER THE TWINS...you're a mother now! Have some friggin class, dress a little more maturely or conservatively, how about combing your hair while you are at it???
40.gif

Besides her general lack of attention to her appearance (and I'm not talking about 'oh she wasn't wearing Prada...')... what bugged me was how she was trying to put blame on everyone else but herelf. Never once in there did she say YES it was wrong to drive down PCH with my kid in my lap, or YES maybe i should have been a bit more careful with Sean as we were walking in NYC on COBBLESTONES in 3 inch heels and too long jeans with a coffee in one hand and the baby in another. I mean COME ON. Instead she was like 'oh well accidents happen..I'm sure I'll make more'. Even when Matt said oh and CPS came to your house she was like oh well they said they didn't want to but had to. Instead of going 'yes we had a great discussion and I have really learned a lot on how to care for my child' or WHATEVER. Just something other than the 'I wasn't wrong, but everyone else is' attitude.

I totally agree that yes the paparazzi are going too far especially when kids are involved, and yes i'm sure it's scary to be surrounded by them banging on the doors etc, but I don't see ANY accountability on her end to say yes you know what i am a new mom and i have to learn how to best take care of my child. Instead it's like oh it's the paparazzi or it's the cobblestones or my dad drove like that when i was little with me on his lap, we're country (and country doesn't mean stupid Britney!). Nothing about how she could improve or learn, or that yes she was wrong.

All I thought of when I saw all the old shots of her at a younger age was gosh that was like another life. She has fallen SO FAR. Of course, if she is really happy with her life, then fabulous BUT I just was going holy crap watching it...she is like an empty shell of what she could have been 'if only'...I wonder if her mother thinks the same thing. And it's really hard to not create an opinion of someone based on appearance and veral, when you are on national TV (oh and by the way what was up with Matt's sockless boat shoe look? ew Matt!!) being broadcast all over the US.

The sad part was I felt NO sympathy for her, watching that...I kept TRYING to see her point of view but I just couldn't. Nothing she said made sense to me. I hope to god she has or gets a competent nanny to help her because she is a train wreck all on her own and doesn't seem inclined to get any better. If it is this hard for her with one child, what will two be like??? I hope she at least buys some sensible shoes. I totally feel badly for those kids. Sure I think she loves them and adores them like any mother would, but I don't know about her actual MOTHERING SKILLS. Good luck Britney!! Hope KevO sticks around.

Okay rant over...I think I just lost some brain cells watching that. Greg walked by while I was watching it and said 'Is that her talking?' with an incredulous tone to his voice....probably mirroring my own thoughts. I said 'yep'.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I unfortunately did not see it but you sound like you are on the money. I too think she has fallen so far and feel while it might have been avoided if many factors were dealt with. I also agree wholeheartedly that someone in her camp needs to be helping her. She does not need to look like a matron of society per se, but chomping gum, dressing sleazily and looking like trailer trash is not going to be of benefit in her image control. And, loving your kids is so vital, but COMMON sense does not hurt. Wearing high heels, holding hot coffee, pants way too long, holding a baby with one arm...HELLO? Just dumb. Yes, anyone who has kids has made boo boos...my best friend''s daughter fell off the changing table as a newborn when she left the room to get something, even though she had been warned NEVER to walk away...scared the CRAP out of her and she never did it again...no paparazzi around, of course, but it only took one time for her to think about how she was parenting. Britney may love them and mean well, but she seems to lack some basic skills. I hope the little sis is not heading this way too in her life. The only point I do not agree with on (not that it is a biggie) is that I do not think Kevin F is such a prize. She started off with some bad goods, any guy that would bail on a pregnant woman and his toddler is NOT too stellar in my book and he really does not seem to be too interested in being a great guy...but he "likes the ladies" and likes spending the dough...even if he contributes a bit, she is certainly the one with the success and he is mroe notorious or getting by on being Mr. Spears. Maybe she needs to go back to Kentwood and chill out, be a mom, not worry about the external stuff so much, and then re focus herself after baby number two comes along...

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
She looked so great in those clips with Justin Timberlake. Really cute and classy.

I couldn''t help think that if she''s going to wear extensions in her hair, she needs to have a hairstylist comb everything together before she goes on TV so that it looks like the extensions are actually part of her real hair. And those flip flops she wore? I thought a nice classy, cute dress that covered up her cleavage would have made her look nice, with classy shoes. And . . . now I can''t stop myself . . . the fake eyelashes really made her look like her mascara had smudged or that she had a spider on her eyelids. Horrible makeup.

Did you all see how she squinched up her face when she was saying that her marriage was going great? I told my husband she needs to look more convincing than that.

What about Kevin declining to comment for this interview? Did you all think this was odd? He always seems so willing to comment (when there''s money in it for him).

And her wanting to be like Goldie Hawn someday . . . I think she has a long way to go.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Lizz,

I totally agree. Her body language said she was lying about Kevin. It was so obvious.

And Mara,

I agree with you a hundred percent.

What a shame. It was really just sad in general. She seems uneducated and in DENIAL.

And there is no excuse for driving with your baby in the front seat. Absolutely none.

Does anyone really believe she only has 1, part-time housekeeper for her mansion?!

20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lizz I totally thought it was odd that Kevin said he didn''t want to comment esp after Matt said the first person he saw on the property when he came on was Kevin....so you saw him but he wasn''t filmed at all? Kinda random.

And it seemed like the whole video was like really low quality, grainy etc...I almost felt like they were TRYING to portray her in a bad way...if that makes sense. It just seemed really weird and not like typical interviews I have seen with other celebs..maybe Matt got the B-Team for that interview or something. Did anyone else get this vibe?

Oh and the other odd thing was when Matt asked about why she loved Kevin or what she saw in him or whatever, maybe I was looking for a stupid comment but her reasons seemed really LAME. It seemed like she had to think of reasons why she loved him, and then she said he was like a happy BOY? That whole segment seemed really weird too. And I think it was in the same segment that she talked about how Kevin really wanted to work and make money ''now that he had a family and our kids''...I was like ''uhhh he has other kids too, remember them?''

And just a basic pet peeve about these private interviews kinda thing, I hate on these shows when the person starts to cry, they just get all silent and ZOOM IN. It''s like jeez give the girl some privacy or something. But of course I couldn''t tear my eyes away. Train wreck, I''m telling you.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
This thing has been a train wreck waiting to happen. She proposed to him.
And his first answer was NO.

Then he came around, but still.... you have to wonder what went through his mind. It had to be, "Dude! Nobody says NO to Britney Spears! You will be set for life!

And did you ever notice that his ex never makes a peep. You know some money has gone to that girl to "play nice".

I feel sorry for Britney that she didn''t think enough of herself to hold out for somebody more deserving of her.

At least she is young and has time to re-invent herself.

I agree her best move is to ditch Kevin, go back to Louisiana and get out of the limelight and raise her kids.

23.gif
Thanks for the Cliff Notes- now I don''t need to see the actual show!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Lizz, my FI couldn''t physically look at the TV just for the reasons you mentioned. I read somewhere that Paris Hilton (the epitome of class
20.gif
) was even criticizing her choice of outfits. And she used to be so cute...

When she talked about why she loved Kevin, it didn''t seem like love but needing a crutch during an emotional, hormonal time for her when everybody else is criticizing her. Did anyone else get this feeling? She also kept breaking eye contact and looking off when she discussed him or her marriage. It just was not convincing to me.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 8:07:23 PM
Author: Blenheim
While I think that the media can be a bit ridiculous, I just don''t have as much sympathy for people who invite them in and then object when they''re scrutinized. Didn''t she have some sort of show about her and Kevin when they were dating or first got married? (Chaotic? does that sound right?)

I feel sooo sorry for their kids for growing up in all of this though.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that show. So she wants to capitalize on the media when it suits her but cry when they criticize her.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on where she was driving with the baby on her lap. That stretch of PCH is terrifying even during daylight hours. I have driven it many times, sometimes with white knuckles.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a part of me that does feel bad for her b/c she is hounded by the media..BUT knowing this I would think she would be extra careful to be on her best behavior and not give them things to constantly write about. Driving with your kid on your lap, or the 8 month old facing forward in a carseat in her convertable
14.gif
, it adds fuel to the fire. If anyone in my town did such a thing it would be all over the news, celebrity or not. She makes some very poor decisions which makes her even more intriguing
40.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2006 4:49:17 PM
Author: mrssalvo
There is a part of me that does feel bad for her b/c she is hounded by the media..BUT knowing this I would think she would be extra careful to be on her best behavior and not give them things to constantly write about. Driving with your kid on your lap, or the 8 month old facing forward in a carseat in her convertable
14.gif
, it adds fuel to the fire. If anyone in my town did such a thing it would be all over the news, celebrity or not. She makes some very poor decisions which makes her even more intriguing
40.gif
My thoughts exactly. She makes very poor choices and has herself to blame for most of the stuff that they write about.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Mara, Yeah... My husband was like, all the guys at work are talking about matt''s no sock deal. I told him not to get any ideas...

lizz

Brilliant_Rock

Mara, I did get this vibe that the producers were almost trying to create this aura of underwhelmingness (for lack of a better word). For example, the room the interview was filmed in, etc.

Tracy, Britney said the real her is doing the housework, and I have a feeling that's true. I can see her cooking, doing the laundry, taking care of her son, etc. I guess she just likes to do it herself? It was weird that she alluded to her housekeeper being kind of bad at her job, but she seemed so forgiving of that. Like, she's a millionnaire, but it's O.K. if her help is slacking?

And that thing about protective services coming out . . . the doctor is a mandated reporter if he/she suspects abuse. The nature of her son's injury maybe made the doctor suspicious. I don't think it's a big deal they sent out DCF. The doctor has to cover him/herself.

My husband said she just seems so immature. The reason she gave for loving Kevin is that he's childlike and "simple"? Yeah, he's simple all right.

And when she was driving with her baby on her lap, she said it was because she was freaked out by all the papparazzi, so she was trying to flee them? But the pictures show that there was someone in the passenger seat with her (security?). So, at the very least, couldn't security have put Sean Preston in a car seat? I mean, if she's by herself, it might be one thing, but another person there to help you? I'm not a mom, but it just seems like my kid's safety would be paramount, and I would feel he's a lot safer in his car seat in the back than on my lap. I mean, if she really were in an accident, and he's on her lap?! That's safe? That child would likely go through the windshield!!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2006 6:42:34 PM
Author: lizz

Mara, I did get this vibe that the producers were almost trying to create this aura of underwhelmingness (for lack of a better word). For example, the room the interview was filmed in, etc.

Tracy, Britney said the real her is doing the housework, and I have a feeling that''s true. I can see her cooking, doing the laundry, taking care of her son, etc. I guess she just likes to do it herself? It was weird that she alluded to her housekeeper being kind of bad at her job, but she seemed so forgiving of that. Like, she''s a millionnaire, but it''s O.K. if her help is slacking?

And that thing about protective services coming out . . . the doctor is a mandated reporter if he suspects abuse. The nature of her son''s injury maybe made the doctor suspicious. I don''t think it''s a big deal they sent out DCF. The doctor has to cover himself.

My husband said she just seems so immature. The reason she gave for loving Kevin is that he''s childlike and ''simple''? Yeah, he''s simple all right.

And when she was driving with her baby on her lap, she said it was because she was freaked out by all the papparazzi, so she was trying to flee them? But the pictures show that there was someone in the passenger seat with her (security?). So, at the very least, couldn''t security have put Sean Preston in a car seat? I mean, if she''s by herself, it might be one thing, but another person there to help you? I''m not a mom, but it just seems like my kid''s safety would be paramount, and I would feel he''s a lot safer in his car seat in the back than on my lap. I mean, if she really were in an accident, and he''s on her lap?! That''s safe? That child would likely go through the windshield!!!!!

I think, in CA and other states, when a child is brought into the emergency room with an injury consistent with potential abuse, it gets reported to CPS automatically, it is not even discretionary. I remember from my grad school days that the doctor can make an assessment too, but if it is a fracture in a place not typical etc it gets reported...then CPS determines if they need to investigate further and decides if the story jibes with the details...

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
From the True Confessions file: I TiVo''d Chaotic and attempted to watch it - fast forward is your friend. It also was recapped at Television Without Pity.

Britney filmed a lot of it herself with a camcorder while she was on tour in Europe and hooking up with K-Fed. Considering her production company made it and she should have had control in the editing of the final product (and she claimed it was "their Truth"). Britney comes across as a pathetic mess. By the end of the show I was wondering if she was mentally retarded - but maybe that was because she was stoned all the time.

You could almost see the little wheels turning in K-Fed''s brain during his little adventure in Europe with Britney as he realized "if I play my cards right I could be set for life". What he did was - he played hard to get. Which Britney had probably never seen before. He got her to chase him.

His cheating on his pregnant girlfriend at the time was never mentioned on the show. It''s like the whole thing was totally nonexistent.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Brit and K-Fed are truly examples that white trash can be any where and have any amount of money.
20.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 9:20:16 PM

And it seemed like the whole video was like really low quality, grainy etc...I almost felt like they were TRYING to portray her in a bad way...if that makes sense. It just seemed really weird and not like typical interviews I have seen with other celebs..maybe Matt got the B-Team for that interview or something. Did anyone else get this vibe?
The whole thing seemed weird. Where were her publicists? The hair, the makeup, the outfit & YOU"D THINK that after a moment of taping they (her handlers) would say "TAKE THAT GUM OUT OF YOUR MOUTH".

Was she supposed to appear like a train wreck? She looked like a carbon of Nichole Smith!

And, while I definetly think tha papparzzi is out of control - it''s not the whole reason for her bad press. She NEVER took responsibility for her actions.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2006 4:26:02 PM
Author: fire&ice
Date: 6/17/2006 9:20:16 PM

The whole thing seemed weird. Where were her publicists? The hair, the makeup, the outfit & YOU''D THINK that after a moment of taping they (her handlers) would say ''TAKE THAT GUM OUT OF YOUR MOUTH''.

Was she supposed to appear like a train wreck? She looked like a carbon of Nichole Smith!

And, while I definetly think tha papparzzi is out of control - it''s not the whole reason for her bad press. She NEVER took responsibility for her actions.

I''ve read in a couple of places that there were no stylists or publists there -- in fact, the Dateline people thought that they got the time/date wrong. She did her own hair, makeup, and wardrobe. (I keep reading that her fake eyelashes fell off when she was crying, but I wasn''t astute enough to notice when watching it.) When asked to comment, all her publicist said was, "Britney is a grown-up and makes her own decisions."

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw that too Blen...

From www.thesuperficial.com:

"Page Six reports Britney Spears was a complete mess before her Dateline interview with Matt Lauer last week. When they showed up to her Malibu mansion they found her alone without any of her publicists, and she insisted on doing her own hair and makeup, which turned out terribly and one of her fake eyelashes even fell off when she started crying during the interview.

"When [the NBC crew] got there, they thought they had the wrong day . . . During the interview, no one was there to rein things in," we're told. Spears, when asked about Kevin Federline being with a pregnant Shar Jackson when they first met, shot back, "Julia Roberts' husband had a pregnant wife when he hooked up with Julia, but no one ever talked about that!" Spears wore flip-flops, a see-through tank and micro-mini jeans. Reps tried to control the damage on Friday. "They asked NBC not to release footage to places like E!," said a source. Asked why Spears was on her own for the interview, Sloane Zelnick said, "Britney is a grown-up and makes her own decisions."

If you happened to miss the interview I've posted the entire thing here and after the jump. Britney obviously doesn't come off as very intelligent, but the best part is seeing her try to use air quotes when she clearly has no idea how to. Oh wait, no idea "how" to. Check out the clips to see what I'm talking about."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results