shape
carat
color
clarity

Brangelina Engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
So....I guess the two just got engaged according to fark.com and yahoo.uk.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Not that their personal lives are any of our business, but I hadn''t heard about that, thanks for the update!!
1.gif

............I wonder what her ring looks like................

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah not surprised, but we''ll see. SO OVER celebrity marriages and engagements. they never last!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too Mara. Sooooo over all of them, yuck!!!
14.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2005 12:33:20 PM
Author: Mara
yeah not surprised, but we''ll see. SO OVER celebrity marriages and engagements. they never last!

so true...by Christmas we''ll be reading Brad and Angelina call it quits...

icekid

Ideal_Rock
totally agree- these people need to have their heads examined........

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh geez, I''m soooooooooooooo over them. They wouldn''t even admit they were "dating" and now they''re engaged?
emotion-20.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have zero respect for either of them and will do what I do with Keanu and Nicolas Cage--NOT care if they blow up into a million pieces in a car wreck. I don''t watch any of their movies-with the exception of Dracula-and want nothing to do with anything they do. They ruin things for me. So now those two add to that list. No respect for how publicly he mistreated his now-ex.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2005 2:24:19 PM
Author: ame
I have zero respect for either of them and will do what I do with Keanu and Nicolas Cage--NOT care if they blow up into a million pieces in a car wreck.

For those of us who are gossip-challenged, would you explain why you don''t like Keanu Reeves and Nicholas Cage? And would you also explain if you don''t care if they are blown up in their movies or in reality? If it hadn''t been for Pricescope I wouldn''t have known what Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were up to romantically! I do not know what sins Keanu and Nicholas committed!

Deb

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2005 2:32:21 PM
Author: AGBF

I have zero respect for either of them and will do what I do with Keanu and Nicolas Cage--NOT care if they blow up into a million pieces in a car wreck.

For those of us who are gossip-challenged, would you explain why you don''t like Keanu Reeves and Nicholas Cage? And would you also explain if you don''t care if they are blown up in their movies or in reality? If it hadn''t been for Pricescope I wouldn''t have known what Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were up to romantically! I do not know what sins Keanu and Nicholas committed!

Deb
I do not Nicolas Cage or Keanu as actors.... but I am curious about this too.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know about Keanu. I do know that when Nickolas Cage was married to Patrica A, they didn''t live together because he wanted an open marriage or soemthing like that. I also heard that he only married Lisa Marie Presely because of who her dad was.

I''m over B&A too. Jennifer Aniston is better off.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
WHAT???
32.gif

I won''t believe it until my In Touch or US Weekly reports it!
31.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2005 2:32:21 PM
Author: AGBF

I do not know what sins Keanu and Nicholas committed!

Deb
The fact that they are both talentless and yet somehow people in Hollywood and the world keep furthering their "careers". And that Nicolas Cage is not only completely untalented but using his famous and talented uncle and cousin for his free ride. Ugh. Cannot stand him. I could tolerate Talentless Keanu if he wasn't so...stupid and annoying. But Nic Cage takes advantage of his family name just because of what it is (coppola)

I dislike Pitt and Jolie for flaunting their affair in front of his blindsided and publicly humiliated ex-wife. And that she denies she and him got together on the side, which as far as I am concerned is BS. At least wait till the guy is officially divorced to be seen with him, period. And for him to drag out their issues in a magazine article instead of apparently telling his then-wife...so selfish.

ETA:
I realize my comment is seriously sweeping. I can't explain why I wish such horrible things for them but I am vengeful and mean. :)

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
I have zero respect for either of them and will do what I do with Keanu and Nicolas Cage--NOT care if they blow up into a million pieces in a car wreck. I don''t watch any of their movies-with the exception of Dracula-and want nothing to do with anything they do. They ruin things for me. So now those two add to that list. No respect for how publicly he mistreated his now-ex.

I completely agree with the direspect issue. I have no respect for men that cheat on their women or for the women who come between two people. The whole situation made me think a lot less of both of them, but then again........that''s ALL speculation.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually I'll chime in with my old same old about B&A...

They didn't FLAUNT their relationship. They HID IT. They tried to anyway, kind of hard with paparazzi on your butt all the time. But someone just said earlier in this thread 'they won't even admit to dating and now they are engaged'. Very true. They really try to keep their relationship private...so I don't feel like they flaunt it at all and certainly not in front of a 'blindsided' Jennifer Aniston. I don't think she is as innocent as she'd like to play. I think all parties are probably at fault in some way or another....so I don't buy into Team anything...but the old 'oh they flaunted their relationship in front of poor Jen' which has been said more than once on here is not true.
2.gif
Well about as not true as we can expect according to US WEEKLY!!!

Now if you just want to hate them and wish them dead, fine!
9.gif
But not because they FLAUNTED a relationship they tried to hide (albeit badly).

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Wishing people DEAD just because you think they are talentless?

HOW NICE.

That''s a bit strong on the rage-meter. Maybe a little Xanax would be in order.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2005 8:56:20 PM
Author: aljdewey

HOW NICE.

That''s a bit strong on the rage-meter. Maybe a little Xanax would be in order.
agreed: not liking an actor for his/her lack of talent is one thing [for me its julia roberts] but i find it hard to understand such anger [in this and other threads] directed at celebrities for what they do in their private lives.

peace, movie zombie

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I dont really care who marries who, none of my bussiness. But I would like to see the ring. I love looking at all the styles that are out there.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with you Mara - we don''t really know one of them personally so it''s not fair to judge any celebrity or to wish death upon them.

koko

Shiny_Rock
My "talentless two cents": Any actor who can''t act, and you could take the role they''re playing and insert into any movie & it would be exactly the same. For example Ashley Judd & Jennifer Aniston....they are always the same person (probably themselves) in all of their roles which are interchangeable!! The only movie Nicholas Cage was actually good in was "Raising Arizona", it was all downhill from there.....
14.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2005 5:53:56 PM
Actually I''ll chime in with my old same old about B&A...

They didn''t FLAUNT their relationship. They HID IT. They tried to anyway, kind of hard with paparazzi on your butt all the time. But someone just said earlier in this thread ''they won''t even admit to dating and now they are engaged''. Very true. They really try to keep their relationship private...so I don''t feel like they flaunt it at all and certainly not in front of a ''blindsided'' Jennifer Aniston. I don''t think she is as innocent as she''d like to play. I think all parties are probably at fault in some way or another....so I don''t buy into Team anything...but the old ''oh they flaunted their relationship in front of poor Jen'' which has been said more than once on here is not true.
2.gif

9.gif
Flaunt? I can''t really say if they flaunted or not. All we know is what we see in the mags, since none of us know them. But I do feel that they both tried to capitalize on whatever it was that was going on between them. All the playing "coy" and so forth was probably just as much for publicity, just like being "seen" together while supposedly trying to hide their relationship. Don''t forget, they had a movie coming out, and celebs are notorious for doing whatever it takes to draw attention to themselves and their movies...it''s all part of the PR that goes with stardom. I''m sure that a lot of people who may have otherwise not bothered to see "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" went just to see if there really was any detectable chemistry between the two of them. Also, if they wanted to appear as if they were just "friends", why pose together for Vanity Fair (I think it was VF) as husband and wife with a bunch of kids? I know it was all in fun, but STILL...power of suggestion anyone?

While I feel for Jennifer Anniston (I''ve been the scorned wife myself, so I can''t help but feel empathy) I''m sure a lot of the publicity surrounding her as the "wronged" party was also amped up by her spin doctors.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2005 8:56:20 PM
Author: aljdewey

HOW NICE.

That's a bit strong on the rage-meter. Maybe a little Xanax would be in order.
I didn't say that. And I don't think anyone else did either. I didn't wish death. I said I would not care if they were dead.

And I have no respect for anyone who cheats, regardless of celebrity or public status.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2005 9:06:33 AM
I didn''t wish death. I said I would not care if they were dead.

Well, it''s a darn good thing you didn''t wish death! Oh, wait! Wishing something doesn''t hurt anyone. Never mind. ;-)

Deb, psychotherapist

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trust me SJZ I am the first to agree that celebs can pull all sorts of weird crap when they are promoting a movie, Tom and Katie anyone?

But for whatever reason in every mag and pic I saw of B&A they were apart or they were ducking around and hiding in back booths. Seriously to me it felt like they really did not want to be photographed, especially not together and they were NEVER photographed in tight embraces or clinches, I read this in another mag and was surprised to find that it was true. They don''t even really hold hands in public! So to me who knows what the motive was but I just feel like there''s a better way to get publicity on a romance, Tom and Katie anyone?! If that is the goal.

That said, the Vanity Fair article was to promote the Mr and Mrs Smith movie in which they ARE married so it''s like they took the spread a step further. They have also said that the whole point of the VF shoot was to have this seemingly picture perfect family but who had cracks and issues that were not visible on the outside.Just like their characters in the movie. But honestly I doubt that they had any say over the article and photo shoot, chances are the producers wanted them to pose and VF came up with the idea if it''s publicity related.

Who knows, seriously I don''t care about B&A or any of these celebs and their relationships anymore, they are an embarassment to the REAL institution of marriage IMO but I just feel like B&A get alot of extra flak for all these potential misconceptions people have....which maybe are true, who knows.
2.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
koko, check out the movie RED ROCK WEST that nicolas cage did after Raising Arizona. very very well done. and while it was a thoroughly depressing film, LEAVING LAS VEGAS was perhaps his last real performance. i think it is after Leaving Las Vegas that hollywood deems him a ''star'' and everything he does becomes nothing more than a reprise of past acting gigs.

and if you think nick''s capitalized on the family name, don''t go near any film that christopher coppola has anything to do with!

peace, movie zombie

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2005 5:53:56 PM
Actually I''ll chime in with my old same old about B&A...

They didn''t FLAUNT their relationship. They HID IT. They tried to anyway, kind of hard with paparazzi on your butt all the time. But someone just said earlier in this thread ''they won''t even admit to dating and now they are engaged''. Very true. They really try to keep their relationship private...so I don''t feel like they flaunt it at all and certainly not in front of a ''blindsided'' Jennifer Aniston. I don''t think she is as innocent as she''d like to play. I think all parties are probably at fault in some way or another....so I don''t buy into Team anything...but the old ''oh they flaunted their relationship in front of poor Jen'' which has been said more than once on here is not true.
2.gif

9.gif

~~Could it have been said any better?? I personally agree with Mara. I think that in a relationship, there are always two sides to a story. I really don''t think that Brad and Angelina flaunt anything in front of Jen. I mean, it''s not their fault that the paparazzi are always following them. If Brad and Jen are happier with other people, then I am happy for them!!!
1.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock

Date: 10/20/2005 12:33:28 PM
Trust me SJZ I am the first to agree that celebs can pull all sorts of weird crap when they are promoting a movie, Tom and Katie anyone?

But for whatever reason in every mag and pic I saw of B&A they were apart or they were ducking around and hiding in back booths. Seriously to me it felt like they really did not want to be photographed, especially not together and they were NEVER photographed in tight embraces or clinches, I read this in another mag and was surprised to find that it was true. They don't even really hold hands in public! So to me who knows what the motive was but I just feel like there's a better way to get publicity on a romance, Tom and Katie anyone?! If that is the goal.

That said, the Vanity Fair article was to promote the Mr and Mrs Smith movie in which they ARE married so it's like they took the spread a step further. They have also said that the whole point of the VF shoot was to have this seemingly picture perfect family but who had cracks and issues that were not visible on the outside.Just like their characters in the movie. But honestly I doubt that they had any say over the article and photo shoot, chances are the producers wanted them to pose and VF came up with the idea if it's publicity related.

Who knows, seriously I don't care about B&A or any of these celebs and their relationships anymore, they are an embarassment to the REAL institution of marriage IMO but I just feel like B&A get alot of extra flak for all these potential misconceptions people have....which maybe are true, who knows.
2.gif
But don't you think that a lot of times when celebs try sooooooo hard to be inconspicuous that is like a "protesting too much" kinda thing? It's pretty common knowledge, and has been for a long long time, that stars will "leak" certain things to the press, such as tid bits about their relationships, their whereabouts, and other things in a way to make it appear that they are trying to be discreet when what they actually want is publicicty. It wouldn't suprise me one little bit that all those times AJ and BP were spotted ducking in those back booths if they hadn't had someone leak to the press that they were going to be there. As far as the two of them not being caught in any clinches or passionate embraces...I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for having some little bit of class. After all, Brad was still married to Jennifer when the rumors of his romance with Angelina started to surface. I think downplaying anything too overt was the smart thing to do. They were seen together just enough to fuel the rumor mill and get some attention, but not really doing anything to induce a scandal. Honestly, it was a brillliant bit of PR on their parts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results