shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston Area Gem Show in Marlborough

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
It is next weekend, is it not? Are we still on? I''d love to go. What about the rest of you?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d love to go but I''m not 100% sure I''ll be able to. We might have some friends coming to visit, but they haven''t confirmed so who knows...

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m going--I thought I had the whole day free, but it looks like I''ll just have a few hours in the afternoon. I think the show is from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.? I''m hoping to bring a friend who''s on the hunt for a sapphire.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI said this morning that I can go even if his friends come to visit. YAY!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I was planning on going.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I''m definitely going, and I''ll have blinkydoll with me. I think therube is planning to come, and KtIce is as well.

A few of us have talked about doing a "tailgate" lunch party. We figured if each of us brought something, we could have a little tailgate picnic! I''m going to toss a few coolers (with a couple of bottles of vino!) in the back of the car and make a big pasta salad, and a few of the other gals have each said they''ll bring something.

We figured it would be fun and easier than trying to seat a large group for lunch, and it we''d have more time to spend at the show. Plus, we could eat on the cheap and save the pennies for gems.
31.gif
Open to all if anyone wants to join in the fun.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m definitely game! I''ll bring dessert!

Are there any food restrictions/allergies?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a good idea. Is there anything missing from the menu that I can bring or have all the bases been covered?

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
There isn't a set menu, so if there's something you like that you can bring, just shout out what it is and we'll check it off.

If you need inspiration, perhaps a simple green salad or cheese/crackers, whatever else you think you'd like. If you'd rather stay simple, we could use plastic knives/forks and napkins, paper plates, etc.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and Kismet, we''re going to bring a portable light box, so if you want to bring your things again, we can likely get MUCH better photos for you.
9.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Yup--- I will be contacting you guys this weekend--- with more info--- I might have a way to send you free tickets,--- i have to look into it again
2.gif

Oh Before I forget----- most of the vendors like cash---Bec they can sell to you tax free (bec most of them are from out of state) :) But they still accept cc etc... they will have to tax on that tho.
also-- some of the vendors buy scrap gold in case anyone is interested--- you can compare vendors on buying prices.
Last time I went-- my friend got offered more at one vendor if they bought something at that stand
1.gif
For incentive.

Yay!! It should be a fun day!
21.gif

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Me too, me too! I am coming out of hiding for this one! I need a seriously fun, non-home inspired day full of shiny gems and fun ladies
36.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 1:49:00 PM
Author: Allison D.
There isn''t a set menu, so if there''s something you like that you can bring, just shout out what it is and we''ll check it off.

If you need inspiration, perhaps a simple green salad or cheese/crackers, whatever else you think you''d like. If you''d rather stay simple, we could use plastic knives/forks and napkins, paper plates, etc.

Sure, I''ll provide a variety of cheese and crackers.

And I can tote along my gems too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results