shape
carat
color
clarity

Biopsy today

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a biopsy on my left breast today. I have had bloody discharge for over a month. The surgeon suspects a benign intraductal papilloma, and I am having a needle aspiration biopsy instead of surgery because they think they can just suck it out. Only 1% of these ever come back as anything else, but I have two kids under age 8, so I am TERRIFIED of something happening to me and not being able to see them grow up. :oops: The results will be available in 48 hours, which is good.

Also, being a workoutaholic, it's really bumming me out I can't run, life weights, or do any other strenuous activity for 48 hours after.

Anway, if you could send some positive thoughts my way, I'd appreciate it...

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
I'll be sending you some good luck today for your biopsy. It can be terrifying no matter how low the risk. Hopefully they get it all out with the biopsy and you are one of the 99% as expected!

***good luck***

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Sending prayers positive thoughts and hugs your way. Stay positive and try not to let the fear get the better of you, I know easier said than done xoxo

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you lots of hugs and healthy dust!

I hope they are able to get it all out and that it won't ever be an issue again.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Dust*** Dust*** Dust. Not sure if this helps, but for DH and I whenever we get a health scare we just say thank goodness it is us and NOT the kids.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you have to get a biopsy, soxfan. Very scary, but at least you'll have results by the end of the week. Sending positive thoughts your way.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I had one of those -- no problem! If he thinks that's what it is, take his word & don't be worried. They're little things & don't return -- at least mine hasn't after 25 years.

They did mine with a local anesthesia & it took a very short time. It was kinda fun, in fact -- a few months after the San Francisco '89 quake & the doc & nurses & I told stories about it, joked around, & before I knew it, the job was done.

I drove myself to the hospital & drove home. Piece of cake, I promise you! :wavey:

--- Laurie

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1383140794|3547409 said:
I had one of those -- no problem! If he thinks that's what it is, take his word & don't be worried. They're little things & don't return -- at least mine hasn't after 25 years.

They did mine with a local anesthesia & it took a very short time. It was kinda fun, in fact -- a few months after the San Francisco '89 quake & the doc & nurses & I told stories about it, joked around, & before I knew it, the job was done.

I drove myself to the hospital & drove home. Piece of cake, I promise you! :wavey:

--- Laurie

THANK YOU!!! Yes, the doctor squeezed and said "Classic intraductal papilloma. If we can locate it on ultrasound, we are not even going to do surgery, just suck it out during a biopsy." They were able to find it. So it will be an ultrasound guided biopsy. I LOVE the hospital where I am going, they are awesome and people come from all over the world for care here.

I am driving there and back, they said it was an easy procedure. I hate needles though, hopefully I won't feel anything....

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew! I hope everything goes well. That is great news!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan, big big piles of dust coming your way for a quick and easy procedure!

I just had my first mammogram last Thursday due to a "lump" and it turned out to be nothing. The only reason I even knew it was there was because it's right by my ribcage where I don't have any fat to cushion it (apparently the ONLY area on my body where I don't have any extra fat :lol: ) and in the course of all that I learned about so many potential things that turn out to be totally non-issues, so I am sure you will leave there today with good news!

And then, when you're done, go pick up a little bauble or do something nice for yourself! (I met my best friend for a giant cheeseburger and two big glasses of wine after, but to each her own!)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
dust Dust DUST and then more dust Dust DUST!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Positive thoughts and sympathy all the way - I'm sorry you have to do this, and I can't wait for you to get reassuring good news.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I didn't feel anything, Soxfan, during or after. It's really, if you gotta have something, about as inconsequential as you can wish. Takes a little longer than getting a shot, but is less painful! :lol:

--- Laurie

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loads of dust to you, soxfan!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Positive thoughts sent your way. I had a breast cancer scare and posted here about it. I had a biopsy as well. Because of my insurance I had to wait over a month and the waiting was torture. Mine turned out to be a non cancerous. I hope you have the same results. People here helped me so much and reading the stories that were shared helped so much.

Wishing you the same positive results I had. good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts.....

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you soxfan, and sending lots of positive thoughts to you!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right there with you, soxfan! Lots of dust your way. As a breast cancer veteran, I can tell you to listen to the doctors! Trust me: if they are not scared, nervous, concerned, questioning, then as hard as it is, take a deep breath and do the same. I suggest that you worry only when they worry, which hopefully in your case, will be never!

The pressure of the needle can feel a little weird, but it won't hurt.

Sending good thoughts your way! :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel for you and wish you the best results.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dust and prayers outgoing!! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Praying for you, Soxfan! I had the same thing and was definitely afraid. And the number one thought of a mom is needing to be around for her children! But mine was taken care of with aspiration and I think that had to be repeated one more time. But it hasn't come back in several years. They tell you to reduce caffeine and it must help!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Praying for you! I understand the nervousness and anxiety!
But like a few people said on here... if the doctor isn't worried, DON'T WORRY!! THe worst part of this all is.. THE WORRY!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, they got it all! Should have results by Friday! I'm glad they did get it all so I won't have to come back if it's nothing...

The procedure was a piece of cake. Easier than the half marathon I did at the hospital last weekend. :lol:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with the results, Soxfan! :wavey:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hope that it went well and will keep my fingers crossed that you get good news asap!! I have two young children too, so I understand how you feel!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
I hope the test goes well, and that the 48 hours goes by quickly. Good luck!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1383149433|3547519 said:
Right there with you, soxfan! Lots of dust your way. As a breast cancer veteran, I can tell you to listen to the doctors! Trust me: if they are not scared, nervous, concerned, questioning, then as hard as it is, take a deep breath and do the same. I suggest that you worry only when they worry, which hopefully in your case, will be never!

The pressure of the needle can feel a little weird, but it won't hurt.

Sending good thoughts your way! :wavey:

Thanks! They didn't seem to be concerned? I hope you are right!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results