shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD - 30 day return policy??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

For those of you who had some lovely pieces made by BGD recently, can you tell me if there is a 30 day return policy? I had a quick look on the web and found the upgrade and buyback information, but nothing on 30 day return or such upon first purchase.

I know I could e-mail Lesley, but they seem to be pretty busy, so didnt want to e-mail now specifically about this, and in true priscoper fashion, am keen to know the anser now if possiblle.
19.gif

thanks heaps
db

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No clue. Best just to email them. :)

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Their website says they have a 15 day inspection period.

lowphat

Shiny_Rock
I believe the inspection policy is for you to look it over and make sure there aren''t any manufacturing defects.

However, BGD pieces are custom made and I don''t know of any company that has a return policy for it''s custom made pieces, just because you decide you don''t like it or she doesn''t like it.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 12:14:38 PM
Author: lowphat
I believe the inspection policy is for you to look it over and make sure there aren''t any manufacturing defects.

However, BGD pieces are custom made and I don''t know of any company that has a return policy for it''s custom made pieces, just because you decide you don''t like it or she doesn''t like it.
Really? Many local manurfacting jewlers I know say that if you are not happy with the final custom peice you don''t have to buy it.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 7:14:20 PM
Author: 4ever

Really? Many local manurfacting jewlers I know say that if you are not happy with the final custom peice you don''t have to buy it.

I am sure if something was wrong BGD would make it right. But if you just decide you don''t like the design after all you can''t really expect a place to take something custom back for no reason do you?

I know of no local jewelers who will take back truly custom pieces...

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
D2B, I don''t have an answer to your question, but you mentioned that you found info about BGD upgrade policy? Where did you find that?

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Most jewelers'' custom pieces are not returnable. I had ordered a stock setting from them that turned out not to fit me, and I was able to return it for the correct size. In the end they are custom making my ring, but that is because they decided to do so, and I appreciate them going to the extra effort for me. I am not sure what your exact situation is, but they seem to be trying very hard to make customers happy no matter what. So, I would talk to them, and I would guess they would be as accomodating as they are able to do.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 7:14:20 PM
Author: 4ever

I believe the inspection policy is for you to look it over and make sure there aren't any manufacturing defects.

However, BGD pieces are custom made and I don't know of any company that has a return policy for it's custom made pieces, just because you decide you don't like it or she doesn't like it.
Really? Many local manurfacting jewlers I know say that if you are not happy with the final custom peice you don't have to buy it.
"not happy" has many definitions. Yours may not be the same as theirs.

You may interpret "not happy" as ... oh, huh, yeah the starset princess I insisted on really is pointy and kinda weird, and MAN does it look terrible with those pink sapphire heart shaped sidestones, which... now that I think about it, are kinda cutsy and I'm not sure she likes pink. I don't like it. REFUND!

While they are thinking, "If it doesn't substatially meet customer's specifications or has a defect.. THEN after we've tried to fix it and couldn't, we would consider a refund." Read the fine print (or ask for fine print equivalent in WRITING) and make sure you are defining things the same way. I would be very surprised if any vendor (on here or not) allows a full refund for 'change of heart' on any custome piece that is manufactured without defects and completely according to customer specifications.

I've done three custom projects with three different vendors. There is a reason they have you sign off (or email approval) of sketches, details, designs, CADS BEFORE casting. And many custom houses (I think MWM is one for example) will charge you a separate, and non-refundable fee for design development for custom projects to cover their cost for time expended trying to take what is in your head and put it into a sketch, CAD or whatever so that you can both agree how to proceed. Then the actual manufacturing costs are separate. That development fee is usually non-refundable except in extreme circumstances.

Custom isn't for everyone. And there are MANY long time PSers that won't do it. Seriously. They'll wait till someone else designs something they like... let that person go through the process. Then just order that. LOL. That way they know exactly what they are getting before hand.

One point... it has been over two years since I've talked to Mark about his policies for custom work, and his policies may have changed. But that was the process at the time I was considering him for my custom project.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
True. I would never expect a jewler to offer a refund on a custom item unless there was somthing really wrong with it.
It is my understanding that the Jewlers I know who offer this garentee will likely not make anything they think is but-ugly, or they feel they could not easily sell to another customer should the person who helped design it desides they don''t like it. I wonder if there is a non refundable deposit or somthing which covers the jewlers work so they have not lost anything should the person decided not to buy the item and it can be sold to another person.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Nclrgirl,

I found the upgrade policy in their knowledge base section of the client portel

http://www.clients.briangavindiamonds.com/knowledgebase.php

Hope the link works.

Oh, I am not worried about the custom work, just wondering about the stone, had assumed there would be an inspection period, just couldnt find it - 15 days sounds great - it is a nice security blanket when purchasing on-line, especially for DH
26.gif

db

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results