shape
carat
color
clarity

Better job naming PS posts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Does it drive anyone else crazy when posts are complete vague and generic?

ie: look at this, help wanted etc....

Maybe I am being moody, but it drives me insane.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
sometimes people don''t know what to name things. I know I am one of them. I think sometime it also takes a creative person too. Hang in there!
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s okay iwanna...it''s Friday. Unclench teeth.
2.gif
9.gif

I think the better the detail, the more people will read the thread, but sometimes...there''s just a loss for words. LOL.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m okay with it when it''s newbies, because often they have no idea what they are looking for or doing.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 1:13:50 PM
Author: FireGoddess
It''s okay iwanna...it''s Friday. Unclench teeth.
2.gif
9.gif

I think the better the detail, the more people will read the thread, but sometimes...there''s just a loss for words. LOL.
I don''t even open threads that say, "help" "love it" etc...ITA a little more descriptive titles lead to more reads.
36.gif

Gripe over...

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 1:16:07 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I''m okay with it when it''s newbies, because often they have no idea what they are looking for or doing.

kc- I agree to an extent, but some of the questions can be esily answer by looking at FAQ or using some of these amazing tools on this site. I guess it is easy to ask then do it yourself.
29.gif
must be PMS haha.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get pissy too, it''s okay. But as FG pointed out.. deep breathes and chants of ''it''s FRIDAY'' will help you unclench. My pet peeve is the lack of basic research posts too. But well... I ignore them. Still... some "help" threads are worth browsing... person might just be posting in panic and have a real issue that you can help with.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not everyone is experienced with this sort of forum. I have met many people from PS who speak another language and struggle with English.

My suggestion for finding good questions to respond to is to read those posts which have 0 to 10 responses. These people have had no one say anything, may have had only sympathy without good advice so far, or may only have some questionable advice provided by someone who may not have quite the correct response. These less responded to threads are prime candidates for assistance.

I often take a look at the much more responded to postings, but generally don''t want to repeat sufficient and clear good advice already posted by others. Once in a while I''ll put my own twist on a response to shade the meaning or flavor a little differently than someone else has already done, but there is little point of adding 2 cents when there is more than enough advice already in the thread.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think newbies often don''t know WHAT exactly they''re asking nor do they know/understand about all the tutorials, tools, and "search" function on PS. Many people who post here don''t frequent other forums and might not understand that they can look things up on their own...

Just my 0.02.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 12:52:23 PM
Author:iwannaprettyone

No it doesn''t drive me insane at all. I usually put the cursor over the title to see a little glimpse of the post to determine if I want to open it. Maybe I''m just not creative myself
33.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2007 3:59:02 PM
Author: fabcrab

No it doesn''t drive me insane at all. I usually put the cursor over the title to see a little glimpse of the post to determine if I want to open it. Maybe I''m just not creative myself
33.gif
Fab, me too.
9.gif
I put my cursor over the title to get the gist of the message. I usually don''t answer question about RBs since there are so many far better experts here on PS than me on rounds. ECs are my thing. I also feel very bad for those that have 1 or 2 replies only, so I usually take a peek and help out there if I can.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
.....____--- :} is a perfectly kicken title for a thread :}

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 4:11:35 PM
Author: strmrdr
.....____--- :} is a perfectly kicken title for a thread :}

hehehe

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
i''ve been a lurker for months and just barely began posting this week and already it''s a nightmare. I don''t know how to ask what I want to ask let alone come up with an informative subject line. Now I realize maybe a lot of regulars with a great knowledge and grasp on diamonds downright refuse to respond to someone who isn''t making much sense. I think I am better off lurking. Sorry for all those who have pissed you off.
40.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SCM, please don't feel this way. I love to help when I have time and if it is a subject that I feel comfortably knowledgeable about. I think most of the regular PSers are the same way.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2007 3:59:02 PM
Author: fabcrab

33.gif
Nope, doesn''t bother me...I do the cursor rollover thing myself.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 4:24:33 PM
Author: scm1012
i''ve been a lurker for months and just barely began posting this week and already it''s a nightmare. I don''t know how to ask what I want to ask let alone come up with an informative subject line. Now I realize maybe a lot of regulars with a great knowledge and grasp on diamonds downright refuse to respond to someone who isn''t making much sense. I think I am better off lurking. Sorry for all those who have pissed you off.
40.gif

I have been here for a little while and half the time I don''t know what I am asking for; you will be fine! Most people are very nice, honest!!! Look at my post asking for antique appraiser; I didn''t know exactly what I need to hear but in the end I got my question answered. Keep posting please.
12.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
40.gif
I wouldn''t let it bother you! If I don''t have the answer to a question, I don''t think ill of the original poster, I just move on and leave it to one of the members that do!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 4:27:16 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Nope, doesn''t bother me...I do the cursor rollover thing myself.

Me too. SCM... please don''t worry about it. And WELCOME!!
35.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
40.gif
Please, please don''t feel that way! Almost all of us started out here with little knowledge and it eventually became a hobby to hang out here! Please ask any questions you wish! I would hate for anyone to feel unwelcome or afraid to post!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Geez, I was not trying to run anybody off... Just having of those days, you all know the ones.

Happy posting!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
when my ring is finally done I think I''ll title the subject "vague and generic post about..." (including the dotdotdot LOL) Or how about "it''s no joke" lmao!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 5:25:59 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
when my ring is finally done I think I''ll title the subject ''vague and generic post about...'' (including the dotdotdot LOL) Or how about ''it''s no joke'' lmao!!
I can totally see you doing that too.
2.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
lol, dare ya. I''ll be waiting for it...

when my ring is finally done I think I''ll title the subject ''vague and generic post about...'' (including the dotdotdot LOL) Or how about ''it''s no joke'' lmao!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 5:32:04 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
lol, dare ya. I''ll be waiting for it...

me too! I LOOK FORWARD to it.
11.gif
2.gif
3.gif
hehe

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
40.gif
No no - don''t lurk...you can''t please everyone all the time. I tried for 5 minutes once, and then gave up.
9.gif
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 5:58:50 PM
Author: FireGoddess

...you can''t please everyone all the time. I tried for 5 minutes once, and then gave up.
9.gif
9.gif

LOL. Yeah. Me too.
16.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t bother me. I also do the cursor thing (love that feature!) And I actually think "Help" is a pretty telling title here. Obviously they want assistance on a diamond...as I doubt they need help figuring out how to mow the lawn.

Too many other things to worry about in life for that to drive me insane. Actually, I don''t much worry about all those other things in life either.
41.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
the only thing that bugs me about posts is when on SMTR they all look about the same and I can''t tell which I''ve seen before.... something like "I''m engaged!" but I wonder how many threads started that way LOL I personally think it would be so helpful if it said like "cehrabehra''s 2.71 omb ring is done!" or at least "the eagle has landed" LOL the "I have my ring!" threads all kinda blend in LOL But I *only* get a little peeved about this on smtr - on hangout and rt it never bothers me.. oh wait, on rocky talky "help me choose between these two stones" has been waaaaay overused LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results