shape
carat
color
clarity

Best week ever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
On Tuesday I got the job offer I''d been waiting for, on Thursday I had a successful negotiation attempt and got my salary increased, on Saturday DH and I made an offer on a house and we just got a call that the seller countered very close to our offer price so we accepted!!!!

WE''RE GETTING OUR FIRST HOUSE!!! And we''re getting it for $18k less than they were asking!

Now I just need some more dust to make sure the inspection and mortgage go smoothly! I feel like I''m being a dust hog recently, but it''s working so well! So, please, if you have any left, dust me!

DH''s brother is our mortgage broker and he''s not sure if he''ll be able to get us a loan based off of my offer letter or if we''ll need my first paystub, but we''re hoping the offer letter will work so that we can move in before I start.

I only have the pics from the realtor''s website because DH and I didn''t think to bring our camera. It has some really cool architechtural features and we love how different it is from everything else that we looked at. It''s in need of a lot of cosmetic updating (tons of yucky walpaper straight out of the 70s), but nothing too major. The bathrooms are pretty retro looking, but they''re clean and functional so we''ll live with them and redo them as we have the extra money for it. No pics of them yet though.

Front of house:

2robbie3982frontofhouse.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Back of the house:

We will be painting the yucky yellow color of the wood.

2robbie3982backofhouse.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
The backyard:

2robbie3982backyard.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
The 2-car garage:

2robbie3982garage.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Fireplace #1 (there are 2):

2robbie3982fireplace.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
The wall of windows (the reason we went to look at the house):

2robbie3982wall-of-windows.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations!
How exciting! We recently bought a house--I can totally relate to your excitement!

HOOray!

sending you inspection and mortgage dust for sure!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh...how exciting Robbie!!! Congratulations on your new job, and on getting this house!!! Its so cute- love the wall of windows!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the inspection and closing go well!!! YAY!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
That is so fabulous! Congratulations on all of it.
36.gif

And so jealous about the house. I dreeeeeam of owning an actual house. I fear it will never happen though!
26.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Owning a home is such an amazing feeling and awesome accomplishment. Congratulations! (Oh, and I have some spare dust I''m sending your way re: the mortgage)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
robbie, congratulations on the job and the house! How exciting! I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hope the inspection and closing goes smoothly!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! That is quite a week you''re having! Congratulations, and more dust heading your way!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are having the best week ever Robbie. So glad the negotiations went well for you new job. And the house looks great, hoping all goes well with the home inspection!! So happy for you guys!!!
36.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS Robbie! I''m so happy that this week has been so wonderful for you!

Your house looks incredible, in fact, it looks very similar to thehousewithwhichIamsmitten, and FI and I are putting an offer in this week. Ours has a wall of windows, too, and that''s what sold me!

Enjoy all of these reasons to celebrate, Robbie, you deserve it!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Robbie--you''re on a roll! I loved your negotiation thread. I love the clean lines of the house and the wall of windows is priceless!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Good job on getting your 1st house! Give us details on your lovely home? Bedrms/bath? Where is your home located? ie. midwest, east coast?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Your first home is super exciting and momentous. I am sure you will have so much fun doing all the projects and making it your own first home!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, Robbie, I am SO HAPPY for you!!! Congratulations! What a nice house -- I LOVE the wall of windows and the backyard.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Yea Robbie! That''s going to be such a sunny and happy home! And congrats on the new job.

Now, please, any thoughts on the upcoming lottery numbers?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Yay Robbie!!! Plenty of dust coming your way!!! That''s a lot of land!!! And I just love the modern lines of that house! Very sleek and cool! My parents still have 1 "retro bathroom" from the ''70s because they hadn''t gotten to it yet, but my mom sort of thinks it''s "groovy again". I''m not sure I agree with her, but wallpaper and such can all be changed when you get around to it.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Great house, Robbie, and good luck! I love all the trees, and those windows. And the fireplaces!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! What a great time if your life right now!! Enjoy every minute of it!!!
36.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Those windows are awesome!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s so cool Robbie!! Congrats on all the good news!

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! Its such a wonderful feeling when everything comes together!
1.gif

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
Congratulations- that does sound like the best week ever! I''ll be sending mortgage dust your way, but I think you''ll be fine, as we qualified for our mortgage based on my offer letter. Although that was in summer 2006, and the mortgage environment has changed a little bit since then...

Also- special props to you on the salary negotiations! That takes a lot of courage!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Indy, I was scared that we''d never be able to afford a house. After crunching the numbers I know we can, but I still freak out from time to time (or all the time, lol).

Haven, good luck with your house!

Krisvrn, it''s a 3 bedroom, 3 full bath (ok, I guess technically 2 baths are 3/4 since they have showers, but not bathtubs), 2 car garage ranch. It''s in the suburbs of Pittsburgh in the town I grew up in. It''s only about 10 minutes away from my parents'' house and 10-15 from DH''s parents'' house.

Jas, no thoughts on the lottery numbers LOL. Knowing those would make buying this house a lot easier.
1.gif

This_is_Amore, I''m sure we''ll be able to qualify, it''s just a matter of if we''ll be able to qualify before my first paycheck. Obviously it''d be way better for me if we can move in before I start since I''m taking the week in between my current job and my new job just to pack (and hopfully!) move. DH''s brother (our mortgage broker) said we may actually be able to qualify on just DH''s salary. We''ll have to wait and see. DH is going to fax him a paystub and bank statements tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results