shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Purchase of 2014

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My best jewelry purchase of the year is my BN moon pendant. I love it and get quite a few compliments on it. This year, I've purchased three pendants total from there and love them al....guess I should do a thread in the SMTB forum one of these days :cheeky:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1419101291|3804842 said:
We bought 2 new subaru's this year. An 2015 outback for me and a new Impreza sport limited for DH. We special ordered mine with everything we could put on it including eyesight, and bought DH's off the lot. His is a dark blue and mine a sparkly black. Both are fun to drive.

Double the goodness! Very very nice! Thanks for contributing!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1419102017|3804848 said:
My best jewelry purchase of the year is my BN moon pendant. I love it and get quite a few compliments on it. This year, I've purchased three pendants total from there and love them al....guess I should do a thread in the SMTB forum one of these days :cheeky:

MC, please do! 2014 year of the pendants.... :))

cheers--Shaorn

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Ckrickett that's a gorgeous necklace! So nice that you were able to have your grandma with you in spirit for your wedding.

Best purchase this year is tough...got a new (to me) Toyota Highlander although that was a bit bittersweet. I do like having the larger vehicle though in case I need to haul stuff around and for the 4WD.

Plane tickets/resort/weddingmoon at Turks & Caicos would be up there too. Most amazing vacation I have ever been on, plus I got married to boot.

Jewelry I have gotten a few big pieces this year too. Upgraded my engagement ring to the antique cushion I wanted to begin with and got a custom setting, bought an antique french band for my wedding band and had it restored, and one of my faves has been my just shy of 2tcw OEC yellow gold dangles from Grace. They are so versatile!

And although I didn't technically spend money on obtaining him, I have spent money on him so that counts right? My little yorkie baby is my first dog and I have been wanting a dog ever since I was little. He is the cutest!!! And a little stinker. But I love him so much!!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1419116339.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1419116384.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well shockingly my best purchase is my Vitamix. I thought it would sit on the counter and use it occasionally. Nope, I use it everyday and even thought about taking it with me on Vacation to Colorado. lol I wish I bought one a long time ago, well worth the money! I can't think of anything else I bought where I feel that way. Fun thread Sharon!!! :wavey:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1419101291|3804842 said:
We bought 2 new subaru's this year. An 2015 outback for me and a new Impreza sport limited for DH. We special ordered mine with everything we could put on it including eyesight, and bought DH's off the lot. His is a dark blue and mine a sparkly black. Both are fun to drive.
:clap: Amazing! Twins! We "tested" eyesight in the driveway when we brought it home, I had him stand between his car and me, and it picked up the "obstacle" and braked. I hope I never need it but it was cool.

I love mine. Dh drove mine last night for the first time and proclaimed it too stiff for his tastes (he likes tiny little zip cars) but said it's the best passenger ride he's ever had. So maybe that means he'll stay the F out of the drivers seat at night ;-) lol I am super pissed that I have three chips on it though. He thinks I am insane for being so mad. IT IS BRAND NEW.

pandabee|1419116417|3804956 said:
Ckrickett that's a gorgeous necklace! So nice that you were able to have your grandma with you in spirit for your wedding.

Best purchase this year is tough...got a new (to me) Toyota Highlander although that was a bit bittersweet. I do like having the larger vehicle though in case I need to haul stuff around and for the 4WD.

Plane tickets/resort/weddingmoon at Turks & Caicos would be up there too. Most amazing vacation I have ever been on, plus I got married to boot.

Jewelry I have gotten a few big pieces this year too. Upgraded my engagement ring to the antique cushion I wanted to begin with and got a custom setting, bought an antique french band for my wedding band and had it restored, and one of my faves has been my just shy of 2tcw OEC yellow gold dangles from Grace. They are so versatile!
YAY! Congrats on the wedding and nice rock!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
best best best purchase of 2014.

photo_1035.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And although I didn't technically spend money on obtaining him, I have spent money on him so that counts right? My little yorkie baby is my first dog and I have been wanting a dog ever since I was little. He is the cutest!!! And a little stinker. But I love him so much!!

How on earth could such a cutie be a stinker??? Pshaw. :bigsmile:
2014 was an important year for you--purchases and all!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1419116981|3804960 said:
Well shockingly my best purchase is my Vitamix. I thought it would sit on the counter and use it occasionally. Nope, I use it everyday and even thought about taking it with me on Vacation to Colorado. lol I wish I bought one a long time ago, well worth the money! I can't think of anything else I bought where I feel that way. Fun thread Sharon!!! :wavey:

Miss Skippy!!!!!!!!! :wavey: Missed you!

Excellent Vitamix! My best choices two years running--were BBQ and hot water heater---so I certainly relate!!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoveLikeCrazy|1419117765|3804972 said:

photo_1035.jpg

OKOKOK. Maximum adorable and BP of 2014 has his name on it!

cheers--Sharon

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cute dog! Congrats :)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1419118146|3804978 said:

photo_1035.jpg

OKOKOK. Maximum adorable and BP of 2014 has his name on it!

cheers--Sharon

Another cutie! Congrats!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another good purchase has been my Mazda. Love driving it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got this yesterday-definitely our best purchase this year! 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude.

img_6416.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice, Packrat!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ame, Sharon, and MC!

LLC [emoji7] love your baby too!!! She is so precious.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1419119150|3804987 said:
Just got this yesterday-definitely our best purchase this year! 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude.

That Latitude. Such attitude. :appl: Underthewirenonethelessratherawesome2014postaaaahhhhhhhh :bigsmile: :appl: .....

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Skippy! I love our Vitamix. LOVE it. And lol about taking it on vacation with you...that's why we bought 2 this summer so we always had one with us. OMG diamonds and Vitamixes so much in common with my fellow PSers. :cheeky:

NTave

Shiny_Rock
This year was a big jewelry purchase year. Ive been divorced now five years and Ive had two relationships after that did not work out. I'm finally in a place where I am emotionally and mentally ok being single. It has taken a long road to get to here and a struggle for me. I also realized I don't have to be married to wear diamonds. In my head for a long time its been ingrained that diamonds are commitment..forever. Great advertising:)
So:
I bought myself a five stone RHR because I miss having daily bling, and I upgraded my studs to 1ctw. I bought the 5 stone from a preferred vendor here. My five stone brings me daily joy, because it hasn't left my finger since I purchased it. Its 1.5 ctw, platinum, lovely and vintagey and I get compliments all the time on it.
My studs were bought preloved, and I enjoy them immensely because they go with everything and they never come off.

I feel polished in my every day look because its pulled together and effortless. So beyond anything else I purchased in 2014, these are the ones I love the most.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NTave|1419170863|3805235 said:
This year was a big jewelry purchase year. Ive been divorced now five years and Ive had two relationships after that did not work out. I'm finally in a place where I am emotionally and mentally ok being single. It has taken a long road to get to here and a struggle for me. I also realized I don't have to be married to wear diamonds. In my head for a long time its been ingrained that diamonds are commitment..forever. Great advertising:)
So:
I bought myself a five stone RHR because I miss having daily bling, and I upgraded my studs to 1ctw. I bought the 5 stone from a preferred vendor here. My five stone brings me daily joy, because it hasn't left my finger since I purchased it. Its 1.5 ctw, platinum, lovely and vintagey and I get compliments all the time on it.
My studs were bought preloved, and I enjoy them immensely because they go with everything and they never come off.

I feel polished in my every day look because its pulled together and effortless. So beyond anything else I purchased in 2014, these are the ones I love the most.

Well, anytime you'd like to share pics of your new jewels, we'd love to see them! Congrats!!!

cheers--Sharon

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

photo_1035.jpg

what a face!!! :love:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1419026109|3804404 said:
Hi Gypsy & Too Patient,

It's been so long since I've uploaded a photo I'm not sure this will work but ... hey, I tried!
Oh holy goodness, those faces are too cute!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1419168034|3805227 said:

Skippy! I love our Vitamix. LOVE it. And lol about taking it on vacation with you...that's why we bought 2 this summer so we always had one with us. OMG diamonds and Vitamixes so much in common with my fellow PSers. :cheeky:

I don't have a vitamix, but i do have a blendtech. I have used vitamix's in the past. Both are amazing machines and I couldn't imagine not having one after I got it!!!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I bought a Fabergé egg pendant from an antique jeweler not too far from me, made by Fabergé Paris. (That's the Fabergé which was set up by the Carl Fabergé's son in Paris after the Fabergé of the Romanov era was nationalized in 1918 during the Revolution, and the Fabergé family had to flee Russia.) See my new avatar pic. It's 18k yellow gold, diamonds, and really beautiful green enamel that's kind of dappled close up. I'll do a thread on it with lots of photos when I get round to it, but am too busy with Christmas prep right now! In addition to the Fabergé Paris hallmark, it has a bunch of interesting hallmarks on the bail, with at least one Russian character, I think.

I asked how they knew it was really Fabergé Paris and they said it had been researched. They are a very reputable dealer, anyway. I found them online but then realised they are well-known after I'd researched their reputation.

The egg is such beautiful quality and so finely-wrought, heavy, and with a complex enamel pattern and very sparkly diamonds. I believe them - it's a piece of stunning quality. Next time I visit New York, which probably won't be for quite a while, I might take it to the Fabergé store - although it's quite a different company from Fabergé Paris, which is now gone.

My best "purchase" is giving up my job to care for my elderly family, because obviously that has cost me money in real terms, but I thought the Fabergé egg was more interesting!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1419177967|3805275 said:
Yesterday I bought a Fabergé egg pendant from an antique jeweler, made by Fabergé Paris. (That's the Fabergé which was set up by the Carl Fabergé's son in Paris after the Fabergé of the Romanov era was nationalized in 1918 during the Revolution, and the Fabergé family had to flee Russia.) See my new avatar pic. It's 18k yellow gold, diamonds, and really beautiful green enamel that's kind of dappled close up. I'll do a thread on it with lots of photos when I get round to it, but am too busy with Christmas prep right now! In addition to the Fabergé Paris hallmark, it has a bunch of interesting hallmarks on the bail, with at least one Russian character, I think.

I asked how they knew it was really Fabergé Paris and they said it had been researched. They are a very reputable dealer, anyway. I found them online but then realised they are well-known after I'd researched their reputation.

The egg is such beautiful quality and so finely-wrought, heavy, and with a complex enamel pattern and very sparkly diamonds. I believe them - it's a piece of stunning quality. Next time I visit New York, which probably won't be for quite a while, I might take it to the Fabergé store - although it's quite a different company from Fabergé Paris, which is now gone.

My best "purchase" is giving up my job to care for my elderly family, because obviously that has cost me money in real terms, but I thought the Fabergé egg was more interesting!

How interesting!! Look forward to your thread. LOTS of pictures, I hope as well!! (PS was your Faberge egg found via First Dibs??)

cheers--Sharon

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1419178433|3805279 said:
Jambalaya|1419177967|3805275 said:
Yesterday I bought a Fabergé egg pendant from an antique jeweler, made by Fabergé Paris. (That's the Fabergé which was set up by the Carl Fabergé's son in Paris after the Fabergé of the Romanov era was nationalized in 1918 during the Revolution, and the Fabergé family had to flee Russia.) See my new avatar pic. It's 18k yellow gold, diamonds, and really beautiful green enamel that's kind of dappled close up. I'll do a thread on it with lots of photos when I get round to it, but am too busy with Christmas prep right now! In addition to the Fabergé Paris hallmark, it has a bunch of interesting hallmarks on the bail, with at least one Russian character, I think.

How interesting!! Look forward to your thread. LOTS of pictures, I hope as well!! (PS was your Faberge egg found via First Dibs??)

cheers--Sharon

Hi! :wavey:

No, it wasn't found via First Dibs. I just checked them out and their Fabergé is "real" Fabergé. To explain further: What I'm calling "real" Fabergé are items from the first Fabergé company operating pre-Revolution in Russia. To collectors, original Fabergé is only the items produced by that company pre-1918, so of the Romanov era. That Fabergé was closed by the Bolsheviks. But those are the Fabergé items that command the serious money.Obviously, there aren't many of them around.

Still, this baby was serious money to me! And Fabergé Paris, set up by Carl Fabergé after his family were run out of Russia during the Revolution, is the next best thing to the Romanov Fabergé!

Edit: Fabergé Paris operated between 1924 and 2001. However, they lost the right to produce jewelry stamped with Fabergé Paris in the mid-Eighties, I believe. I don't know how old my egg is, which is one of the reasons I want to take it to the current Fabergé. Or maybe I'll just email photos. It looks pretty pristine. I might find out more when I have time to investigate the hallmarks properly.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
image_2756.jpg

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Forgive me, my tech skills are nil, hence the pic free profile. I figured out how to throw this on after not posting a pic in a long time! image_2758.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cool loot for 2014! Congrats--and your pictures are just fine!

cheers--Sharon

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remodeled 3 bathrooms (new tile, paint, granite counters, etc), new tile in the front landing, down payment on a house for my mom, my baby AVR, and chemo for my 19 year old kitty boy. :)

img_6435.jpg

img_6437.jpg

img_9324.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results