carat
color
clarity

Best Purchase of 2014

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1420058315|3810158 said:
Ok so I'll add this to my car as my other best purchase... Now that it's not a secret anymore!

Well done, and enjoy!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Without doubt money spent on my pets, in particular Vetri DMG, the miraculous immune stimulant, I believe it gave me an extra year with Puma despite his cancer. Many great purchases but money spent on those we love make the top of the list for me.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my 16 year old DD a used car and driving lessons. She's not going solo until late summer but I'm excited for her.

2008 Honda Civic in mint condition.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1420061875|3810193 said:
Without doubt money spent on my pets, in particular Vetri DMG, the miraculous immune stimulant, I believe it gave me an extra year with Puma despite his cancer. Many great purchases but money spent on those we love make the top of the list for me.

Of course. Thank you for sharing. Keep well.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1420063877|3810215 said:
I bought my 16 year old DD a used car and driving lessons. She's not going solo until late summer but I'm excited for her.

Great! And now the fun (stress) begins!! :cheeky: :appl:

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Best purchase -- plane ticket home for a month this past summer for one of the best visits with family & friends I've ever had :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Next best purchase -- my diamond solitaire ring that I waited yeeeeears to get & love to bits :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1420064137|3810220 said:

You are so correct! I'm trying not to get to crazy because I can certainly throw myself into a panic...I keep telling myself she's not going solo until August... I hope her skills will grow over these next few months...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gwendolyn|1420116460|3810424 said:
Best purchase -- plane ticket home for a month this past summer for one of the best visits with family & friends I've ever had :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Next best purchase -- my diamond solitaire ring that I waited yeeeeears to get & love to bits :love:

How wonderful!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1420128739|3810459 said:
canuk-gal|1420064137|3810220 said:

You are so correct! I'm trying not to get to crazy because I can certainly throw myself into a panic...I keep telling myself she's not going solo until August... I hope her skills will grow over these next few months...

Our kids always surprise us--in good ways. It will be better than you imagine!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hubby had back surgery a few years ago, and his back has bothered him while sleeping ever since. Not a lot, just enough to be annoying and cause him to wake up several times a night to shift positions. We tried a bunch of other pads and feather beds, etc., and nothing helped. ::)

I did a lot of research, and ended up buying this on Amazon.

Lumex 7-4000EC Convoluted Foam Mattress Pads ,4" King 76x78x4

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KY9SJO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's super thick, super soft and has TOTALLY relieved his back. He is happy as a clam and sleeps like a log.

So, if anyone has back/mattress/sleep issues, this is the way to go. :appl:

41eempgd9il.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1420058315|3810158 said:
Ok so I'll add this to my car as my other best purchase... Now that it's not a secret anymore!

Congratulations Ame! I hope the wait was worth it!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Our first home :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1420467695|3812056 said:
Hubby had back surgery a few years ago, and his back has bothered him while sleeping ever since. Not a lot, just enough to be annoying and cause him to wake up several times a night to shift positions. We tried a bunch of other pads and feather beds, etc., and nothing helped. ::)

I did a lot of research, and ended up buying this on Amazon.

Lumex 7-4000EC Convoluted Foam Mattress Pads ,4" King 76x78x4

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KY9SJO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's super thick, super soft and has TOTALLY relieved his back. He is happy as a clam and sleeps like a log.

So, if anyone has back/mattress/sleep issues, this is the way to go. :appl:

Wow! Great investment! Can't put a price on a good night's rest.

cheers--Shaorn

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1420575530|3812626 said:
Our first home :)

Awesome! And 2015 will be devoted to decorating and making it your own! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Trillium

Rough_Rock
Paying College tuition for my beloved and talented niece. An expensive purchase of priceless worth.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Best money spent was saving our second bulldog. Two weeks after being re-homed to us, he got Aspiration/Pneumonia. Winded up spending two nights in the ICU unit of a very expensive veterinary hospital. They saved him.
Second best spent was giving same bulldog the soft palate surgery he needed to keep it from happening again.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great thread. My best purchase in 2014 was a trip to Sao Miguel, Azores with my husband and his family. I was able to see the house my mother grew up in, as my family is from there as well as his. It was wonderful.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trillium|1420992235|3814885 said:
Paying College tuition for my beloved and talented niece. An expensive purchase of priceless worth.

You said it! Memorable!! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1421002218|3814936 said:
A new home!

How wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elle_chris|1421012417|3814991 said:
Best money spent was saving our second bulldog. Two weeks after being re-homed to us, he got Aspiration/Pneumonia. Winded up spending two nights in the ICU unit of a very expensive veterinary hospital. They saved him.
Second best spent was giving same bulldog the soft palate surgery he needed to keep it from happening again.

And if he could "talk" he'd tell you how grateful he is! Here is to health in 2015.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ihy138|1421117650|3815528 said:
What a great thread. My best purchase in 2014 was a trip to Sao Miguel, Azores with my husband and his family. I was able to see the house my mother grew up in, as my family is from there as well as his. It was wonderful.

How awesome is that? Trip of a lifetime! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

English bulldog? Owner here too! I bet he is do thankful to have you as a mom!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1421291500|3816572 said:

And if he could "talk" he'd tell you how grateful he is! Here is to health in 2015.

cheers--Sharon

lol.. if he could talk he'd ask for a snack..lol..

but thanks :)

Autumnovember said:

Yep, English Bulldog(s). We have two. Aren't they a great breed? Just the sweetest babies. Their health problems though.. ;(

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
elle_chris|1421293644|3816588 said:

cheers--Sharon

Autumnovember said:

Yep, English Bulldog(s). We have two. Aren't they a great breed? Just the sweetest babies. Their health problems though.. ;(

They really are an amazing breed, love my guy! And the hell I went through with my Bulldogs allergies, I'd be rich right now :)

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1421293908|3816590 said:

cheers--Sharon

Autumnovember said:

They really are an amazing breed, love my guy! And the hell I went through with my Bulldogs allergies, I'd be rich right now :)

oh, i feel for ya. we have the same problem. one of mine is on immunotherpy (oral version of allergy shots) and after 7 months, i can't really say I see a change.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
elle_chris|1421294895|3816593 said:
Autumnovember|1421293908|3816590 said:

cheers--Sharon

Autumnovember said:

oh, i feel for ya. we have the same problem. one of mine is on immunotherpy (oral version of allergy shots) and after 7 months, i can't really say I see a change.

Have you tried changing the food? I changed EVERYTHING that I thought could be causing it and after a year, it turned out to be seasonal.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elle Chris, our Westie vomited and then coughed very oddly, I got her immediately to our vet and he said I did the right thing because he had seen so many dogs die from ASPIRATION PNEUMONIA. He said its almost impossible to save dogs with aspiration pneumonia. You did the right thing for your dog. We got a chest x-ray to make sure she had not aspirated her vomit. She had not, caught a break there. (She is our bionic dog, she has had both hips replaced in Houston, Texas, by Dr William Liska.)

We've also been through allergy hell with both our Westies. The one above, she gets an allergy shot weekly from us, she has an allergist vet she sees regularly. We particularly have trouble with her paws and skin. We bathe her in Douxos shampoo twice weekly and that eliminated the skin problems. Now its down to just seasonal paw issues/infections.

How does your English Bulldog manifest the allergies?

I love that breed, such great dogs. A neighbor has three and she walks them all at the same time, its a total hoot to see them!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a small best buy, but I got a pizza stone and it DOES make you a better homemade pizza :bigsmile: Got mine on Amazon, you'll be able to tell which one is the good one.

Some people get a ceramic tile from Home Depot, which actually is a problem in your oven eventually hahaha.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
azstonie said:

Elle Chris, our Westie vomited and then coughed very oddly, I got her immediately to our vet and he said I did the right thing because he had seen so many dogs die from ASPIRATION PNEUMONIA. He said its almost impossible to save dogs with aspiration pneumonia. You did the right thing for your dog. We got a chest x-ray to make sure she had not aspirated her vomit. She had not, caught a break there. (She is our bionic dog, she has had both hips replaced in Houston, Texas, by Dr William Liska.)

We've also been through allergy hell with both our Westies. The one above, she gets an allergy shot weekly from us, she has an allergist vet she sees regularly. We particularly have trouble with her paws and skin. We bathe her in Douxos shampoo twice weekly and that eliminated the skin problems. Now its down to just seasonal paw issues/infections.

How does your English Bulldog manifest the allergies?

I love that breed, such great dogs. A neighbor has three and she walks them all at the same time, its a total hoot to see them!

Hi there.
He licks his paws lick crazy (causing cysts) and scratches himself bloody.

I'm glad to hear you got the allergies under control. It's one of the toughest things to do.

We also used Douxo. In fact, I used the pads and shampoo, but it didn't make a difference so we switched to TrizCHLOR 4. Same as Douxo except it has 4% Chlorhexidine as opposed to the 3% Douxo has. Still hasn't helped.

We're seeing Dr. Macina at the Animal Medical Center in NYC. He's supposed to be one of the top dermatologists in the country but we still can't get it under control.

There is a product that was released last year called "Apoqeul". It's not a steroid or an antihistamine. It's only supposed to target the itch and has minimal side effects. Problem is, they underestimated the popularity of the drug and there's just not enough. It's nearly impossible to get. https://www.zoetisus.com/bmst-minisite-apoquel/faqs.aspx?utm_source=owner&utm_medium=click&utm_campaign=Apoquelztssite

We're hoping we'll have some by the summer though- fingers crossed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results