shape
carat
color
clarity

Best places to buy Tag Heuer watches...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hubby has wanted a Tag for awhile and he found an Aquaracer at our local jewelers, but I am doubting that is the best price out there. Any recommendations on where to buy one? The local jeweler was not pushy and was really helpful and was able to quote the Tag Aquaracer Calibre 5, 500 meter for $2800. He recommended their service plan which covers scratches, etc. Thoughts? Recommendations?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a Tag from Joma a couple years ago. After negotiating a slight reduction in their price, I saved over $500 from the one I saw at Jared's. The only difference was I think it came from Europe.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Well my hubby went rogue! He bought this one https://shop-us.tagheuer.com/en/500-m-calibre-16-automatic-chronograph-43-mm-cak2110-ba0833.html He got it from a local jeweler for $3200.00. He absolutely loves it!!!!

Kenny and DF, I think the watch you guys posted was one he was considering but ended up liking the beefiness of the one he ended up purchasing. It comes with a two year manufacturer warranty so we did't buy any add'l plan.

DF, how does the cost seem? Do you insure any of your watches? I know yours are worth quite a bit more than this one though!!!

Nonie, thanks for the tip on Joma! I'll have to keep that in mind for myself!!! :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1364683190|3416953 said:
Well my hubby went rogue! He bought this one https://shop-us.tagheuer.com/en/500-m-calibre-16-automatic-chronograph-43-mm-cak2110-ba0833.html He got it from a local jeweler for $3200.00. He absolutely loves it!!!!

Kenny and DF, I think the watch you guys posted was one he was considering but ended up liking the beefiness of the one he ended up purchasing. It comes with a two year manufacturer warranty so we did't buy any add'l plan.

DF, how does the cost seem? Do you insure any of your watches? I know yours are worth quite a bit more than this one though!!!

Nonie, thanks for the tip on Joma! I'll have to keep that in mind for myself!!! :naughty:
sounds fair...looks like he got about 25% off retail? no, i don't insure my watches b/c the premium is too high... :knockout:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Lizzy! Hope your dh loves and enjoys his new watch!

I was going to recommend the Tourneau store on 57th and Madison in NYC or Wempe which is on 5th ave and 53rd. Ofc, I have no clue where you live but these are the 2 places my dh gets watches from occasionally. He is a watchoholic. None of them are insured though. The only thing that we have insured jewelry wise is my ER. It just doesn't make sense to insure that much more because it really adds up.

ETA: Tourneau does take trade ins. For future reference.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1364689926|3417033 said:
Dancing Fire|1364689586|3417023 said:
kenny|1364673552|3416851 said:
Dancing Fire|1364672989|3416845 said:

Why are you asking that?
b/c without a ref # i have no idea what watch she was referring to.

So I assume now there's more than one ' Tag Heuer Aquaracer'.
Thanks.
Whoda thunk?
yes,there are different models of Aquaracer just like there are many different models of Rolex Datejust.. ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1364690526|3417042 said:

I was going to recommend the Tourneau store on 57th and Madison in NYC or Wempe which is on 5th ave and 53rd. Ofc, I have no clue where you live but these are the 2 places my dh gets watches from occasionally. He is a watchoholic. None of them are insured though. The only thing that we have insured jewelry wise is my ER. It just doesn't make sense to insure that much more because it really adds up.

if i ever go to NYC Wempe is on my "must visit" list of stores. Wempe is watch heaven :!:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1364691347|3417048 said:
missy|1364690526|3417042 said:

if i ever go to NYC Wempe is on my "must visit" list of stores. Wempe is watch heaven :!:

LOL, my dh agrees DF!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Tag that was given to me by my exH. He had one as well, both were purchased from the jeweler we used back then, and they always gave us 30% off retail. I think your husband got a great deal, and it's a beautiful watch. Well done! My point in posting is that most jewelers with whom you develop a relationship will give you a discount usually up to 30% off retail. I wouldn't expect to walk into any random jewelry store and just get a discount because you ask...but I would expect that if you typically do business with the same jeweler and they know you're a long term client, you will likely be offered a percentage off the msrp if you ask nicely.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1364683190|3416953 said:

I just got this exact watch for DH for his birthday, and we payed a similar price. He absolutely loves it! Very nice choice! :appl:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins, thank you! What a nice wife you are to buy one for your hubby!! This is my husband's first "nice" watch so he is super duper excited! I think it looks great on him and perfect with jeans or dress work clothes!

Monnie, good point! Originally they quoted him $3500 and he pushed and they got him to the 25% off, but totally valid point on developing a good relationship with a local jeweler, I'll keep that in mind for myself down the road!!

Pregcurious, thanks for the tip!

Missy, we are in Massachusetts so not too far from NYC. I want to stop in Tourneau next time I am there.

DF, glad to hear he didn't too bad!

jhnjohn

Rough_Rock
Many of them look for different online watches online and it is easy and possible to go through online site. It helps to make make compare between two different products. If you are one who are looking to make any changes then it is required to go through online storeand buy different type of model of watches Maxima Ego Analog Black Dial Men's Watch - E-01076PAGC.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lizzyann, my hubby started shopping for a new watch last year (he ended up getting 2) and he went with Tag. I bought him one for his b-day and he bought himself one too. We looked around a lot and even though we found some discount places online, I've read a ton of horror stories about those online discount watch places.

We did go to Tourneau but they do not discount at all. At least the one in San Francisco did not. We also went to the Tag store but they sell at full retail. The 2 jewelers we found that carried Tag and would discount was Jared's and Ben Bridge. Typically I would not buy from a "mall" jeweler but both of these companies did carry Tag Heuer and the sales people we talked to knew their stuff. Ben Bridge discounted a bit more than Jareds, 25% compared to 20% or so.

Here are the 2 DH has, it's actually the same watch but they look so different due to the different materials/colors. I got him the brown leather/rose gold combo, it looks amazing! :love: The other one is awesome too. He wanted the cleaner/lower profile style, he wears suits everyday and these watches look amazing with all of his suit combos.

carrera1.png

carrera2.png

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, should have read the whole thread, saw he got one already! Congrats! :bigsmile:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Asschergirl, no problem! I adore both of your hubby's watches. I actually really love the leather/rose gold combo! Delicious!! :lickout: :appl:

We ended up going to a "mall" based store as well. They discounted us 25% off so we were happy with that. Hey we weren't buying diamonds so it's all good!

jhnjohn

Rough_Rock
Maxima Gold Analog Watch is one of best popular model these days. Where it is available these days online. It is best to order for such product and get best deals. Maxima Gold Analog Watch is one of such model which has all features which one looking for. If you are loking to buy watch then it is better to order for such product online.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results