shape
carat
color
clarity

Best GPS for around $100-$150?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I want to get DH a GPS for his first Father''s Day. I can spend up to $150, maybe $200. And I need it to let you enter coordinates, not just addresses. He''s into off-roading, and I think he would like geocaching (sp?). Anyone know what would be a good one with those features? I have no clue, and don''t have the time to go talk to a sales guy and buy the completely wrong thing.

Thanks!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know but I LOVE my garmins! (we have 5)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got the garmins 5 like April; hubby loves it!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I''m a geocacher and also use GPS for work. For a good, sturdy, relatively easy to use model, I''d recommend a Garmin GPSMAP76. Either the color (76CS) or the b&w versions are good. You can download background maps, which would be good for offroading. THey are also set up with some features that are helpful for geocaching. I''ve used the lower end Garmin E-Trexes, too, but I don''t like them as much, and they seem to break easier.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I was just about to ask if a handheld would be better than the car mounted ones. I guess if we plan on hiking, etc. with it then handheld would make sense. Thanks!

And keep the suggestions coming!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH uses and loves his garmin for jet-skiing. You can upload river/lakes and enter the points in.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 8:20:26 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
DH uses and loves his garmin for jet-skiing. You can upload river/lakes and enter the points in.
We used ours for biking riding the other day; it was pretty groovy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results