shape
carat
color
clarity

Best buying tips for new cell phones?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH wants to trade his Galaxy S4 for the new 6 - do "latest" phones ever go on sale so we can lookout for it?

Any other tips/advice on how to save $ on a new cell phone? (I bought my BlackBerry Z10 for a $1 when it first came out but I know BlackBerry is a different animal and I'm 1 of the 100 people worldwide that wants one haha)

We just found out that AT&T no longer offers 2-year contracts at the retail stores - if you want to do a 2-year contract you need to purchase it online - otherwise you pay monthly for the phone. Has anybody run the #s or have an opinion as to which is a better deal, money wise?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You want cheap?
I do cheap.

Here's my cellphone, $19.99.

You wanna cheap plan?
I do cheap.

My plan is T-Mobile prepaid.
I pay 10 cents a minute, when I deposit at least $100 at a time.
For my usage it averages around $15 a month.
It blows my mind what people are willing to pay to walk around with a computer in their hands.
Some folks pay thousands of dollars a year. :o :o :o

It doesn't do Internet, but I have a computer at home.
Did I mention, I do cheap?

screen_shot_2015-06-29_at_10.png

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you want a smart phone, buy an unlocked iphone or samsung on ebay, and sign up for Simple Mobile, Ting, Republic Wireless, Boost Mobile, etc. (check coverage in your area). Unlocked phones run $200ish (retail I think is around $600) and most of the plans above are between $30-40 a month depending on usage. DH and I cut our cell phone bill from $150 to $60 a few years ago and I have an iphone and he has a samsung.

ETA: No, latest phones generally do not go on sale (unfortunately).

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the Samsung 6 today at Costco using Verizon. Check the deals in your area.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Apple doesn't really go on sale. Sometimes you might be able to get it "on sale" from somewhere like Target or Best Buy but the cellular contract usually gets you in a bind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results