Curb Your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down
Dexter
Breaking Badly
The Office

... Jersey Shore :oops:

Don't judge. It's my guilty pleasure.

WORST
Two and a Half Man- it's just not funny.

I can't think of anything else. If I don't immediately like something, I usually don't watch it ever again so I never reache the hate level.

YES!
your list is literally my fave shows EVER

did you Will Arnett's new show "Running Wilde" ?? it got canceled by Fox just like Arrested Development.

I have no shame in watching reality TV, my brain needs the mental vacations ;-)

Recently I discovered three shows on Hulu and I LOVED them so much

1) Dead Like Me
2) The Peep Show - From the UK
3) Dorm Life - AMAZING! so funny
oh and I also love GREEK on ABC Family, I don't care what anyone says, I love it and it reminds me of so many aspects of my college life. lol

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katamari -- I agree with you about the Cosby show and Married with Children. Love the first one and hate the second.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
ELrohwen,

I expected to watch Downton Abbey straight thru like "Upstairs Downstairs". They are making more but I want them now!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Oops - forgot Amazing Race in my "love" list earlier.

Other older shows: Seinfeld, ER.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1296927244|2843993 said:
Love:

Satisfaction (Australia)
Survivors (BBC)
Drop Dead Diva
Bizarre Foods
Amazing Race
America's Next Top Model
Teen Mom
16 & pregnant

Sparkly, if you love satisfaction you may also like 'secret diary of a call girl'. It's a uk series starring Billie piper based on a book intimate confessions of a London call girl, (or something like that). There are about 3 seasons I think?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Love

HIMYM
modern Family
Californication
True Blood, even though the last season was a bit of a let down.

Hate

Anything animated that's meant to be for adults.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to add this one - since I didn't see it on anyone's lists:

Southland on TNT is a GREAT show!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE
30 Rock, Behind The Scenes: Oprah's 25th Season, House Hunters International, American Idol, SYTYCD, Watch What Happens Live, Housewives, Project Runway, Top Chef, The Office (BBC & US), Mad Men, Sarah's House, American Pickers, Hoarders,

USED TO LOVE BUT GOT BORED BY
Breaking Bad, Glee, Dancing With The Stars, Trading Spaces, Sopranos, Pawn Stars, The Apprentice, Chuck, Intervention

HATE
Shows about multiple wives (HBO, TLC?) or boatloads of kids (TLC), Jersey Shore, Jerry Springer, "adult" cartoons, game shows, anything with Bill Maher or Howard Stern or Charlie Sheen, Judge shows,

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
lulu|1296957223|2844462 said:
ELrohwen,

I expected to watch Downton Abbey straight thru like "Upstairs Downstairs". They are making more but I want them now!

I know! I can't wait for the second season. Any idea when they'll air it? I'm guessing fall of this year.

I haven't seen Upstairs Downstairs but my co-worker went home to the UK over Christmas and watched the new version and said it was really good. I think PBS airs it in April, so I'm excited to see it. After that I might rent the original version on Netflix.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
LIKE:
Dexter
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
U.S. of Tara
Fringe
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Office
Weeds (not loving the latest seasons though)

DISLIKE:
Jersey Shore - I watched one show out of curiosity - just awful. I wish their 15 min. of fame would be up!
Hate most reality TV, but there are a few I will watch (like Survivor and ANTM)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
CherryBlossom|1296946676|2844307 said:
1) Dead Like Me

I like Dead Like Me too but haven't finished up the shows yet. The amount of swearing didn't bother me, but my son complained! It's pretty bad!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
portia|1297010079|2844813 said:
LIKE:
Dexter
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
U.S. of Tara
Fringe
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Office
Weeds (not loving the latest seasons though)

DISLIKE:
Jersey Shore - I watched one show out of curiosity - just awful. I wish their 15 min. of fame would be up!
Hate most reality TV, but there are a few I will watch (like Survivor and ANTM)

Not sure which season of Weeds we're on. We've watched most of them but the story was becoming SO ridiculous that it became more difficult to enjoy.

We went from a large house where we could get away with watching everything, but now in our apt, the boys can hear what's on the TV so we have to censor our shows. I tend to love action films so I've missed out on a lot of fun stuff. Mostly we watch movies, though, which have even more swearing, etc., so well, hopefully when we move, we can catch up!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if id call them the best....but these are the shows DH and/or I record and watch:
Tosh.O
The Soup
The Office
Desperate Housewives
The 1st 48
HIMYM
Survivor
Top Chef
Real Police Women of Cincinnati
Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia (delightfully humerous...took me awhile to get into it)
Glee (catching up on old episodes)
Modern Family (catching up on old episodes)
and even...yup, Two and Half Men. Some episodes are better than others...and its like a trainwreck with Chrlie Sheen.

Worst:
Jersey Shore
Real World (loved it when younger...now not so much)
And I can't think of any other shows off the top of my head since I don't watch the bad ones :tongue:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love:

King of Queens
Wicked Attraction
Judge Judy
People's Court
Dateline on ID

Don't like (can't quite say I hate them):

The Wire
CSI

Hmmm...can't remember any others right now

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I'm a huge TV junky!

I watch (or used to watch) and like, in no particular order:
Firefly (best cancelled TV show ever)
Stargate:SG1
CSI
House
Chuck
Bones
JAG
NCIS
Castle
Glee (I love the singing, but the story is kind of blah now)
Grey's Anatomy
Big Bang Theory (usually I'm not a fan of comedy, but I recently discovered it and it appeals to my inner-geek)

Don't (or didn't) like so much:
Stargate:Atlantis or Universe
Any kind of "reality" TV
Any kind of "talent" (try popularity) contest shows

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love love love TV! It's the happy place I go to when work and life suck.

Shows I love: Big Bang Theory, Glee, Rules of Engagement, Desperate Housewives, Dexter, Criminal Minds, Law & Order: SVU, Nikita

Shows I still watch even though I'm getting bored by them but just can't stop: Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, House, South Park, Family Guy/American Dad/The Cleveland Show, Cougar Town

Shows I still watch in reruns because they're awesome and I wish we had something as good now: Friends, Frasier, Seinfeld, Scrubs

Shows I wouldn't be caught dead watching: Jersey Shore, anything about the Kardashians or "real" housewives, The Office

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm about to admit something, and this might be my last post on Pricescope.

I think Two and a Half men is hilarious.

I know, I know. I used to say it was the stupidest show...before I ever saw an episode. But then the boy was taping it and I started watching it with him and sighing about how awful it was until one day I realized it is just non-stop really really dirty double entendres. And I love really really dirty double entendres.

I don't watch it on my own, but I was shocked to discover that I found it incredibly funny.

So, Pricescope, thanks for the last year and half or so. It was nice knowing you all.

xoxo
sillyberry

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1297055129|2845368 said:
I'm about to admit something, and this might be my last post on Pricescope.

I think Two and a Half men is hilarious.

I know, I know. I used to say it was the stupidest show...before I ever saw an episode. But then the boy was taping it and I started watching it with him and sighing about how awful it was until one day I realized it is just non-stop really really dirty double entendres. And I love really really dirty double entendres.

I don't watch it on my own, but I was shocked to discover that I found it incredibly funny.

So, Pricescope, thanks for the last year and half or so. It was nice knowing you all.

xoxo
sillyberry

It is a funny show... Yes, the main character is a womanizing alcoholic- that doesn't mean that the show can't be funny! I don't really watch it often, but sometimes I will catch a rerun.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like...

Big Bang Theory
Modern Family
Shit My Dad Says
Two and a Half Men (I don't think it's misogynist... I think they hate on men as much as women lol)
Cougar Town
How I Met Your Mother
Eureka
Psych
The Mentalist
Bones
Drop Dead Diva
Criminal Minds
CSI Miami
NCIS
Nova
Miss Marple Presents

There really aren't any shows I hate because I just don't watch them... probably something along deadliest catch or oh I know ANY reality tv shows... all of them... survivor, greatest race, bachelor, ALL of them are boring and lame IMO.

Question:
Does anyone (based on my list above) have any shows they'd recommend to me? I don't get american commercials so I'm totally out of the loop. I have to download tv shows here so I have access to almost everything, but I don't know what to get? I'd like to add a couple... I like comedies and crime shows mostly and quirky things. Smart TV. No reality TV.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Sara, from looking at your list, you may like community? I haven't watched a whole lot but my husband has, all the seasons in one sitting. Lol

We both enjoy HIMYM, cougar town, modern family, big bang theory and I think I would group community in this same genre.

I wouldn't say it is the best show ever but it is some easy watching if you are after a new show to watch.

We download all of our shows too and are always looking for more so I am off to investigate the shows on your list that I am unfamiliar with. ::)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Glad to see some of the shows that we watched mentioned.

Like and/or watched regularly
Fringe
Law & Order: SVU (this is the only Law & Order I like)
Southland
True Blues
Spartacus
Entourage (the early seasons were better)
Hung
Weeds
Community
The Soup
The Walking Dead
Mad Men
The Simpsons
White Collar

DH also likes
Breaking Bad
Broadway Empire
Eastbound & Down
Dark Blue
Memphis Beat

There's nothing that I hate... Just stuffs that I wouldn't watch.
The Mentalist

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1296930309|2844046 said:
I love The Good Wife. Tuesday on CBS.

I'm completely smitten with Downton Abbey. Sunday on PBS.

Those are the only shows I tape if I need to be out somewhere.

Holly, I love the Good Wife too; this show I look forward to big time!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ksinger|1296932865|2844089 said:
Currently we watch fairly regularly...

the UK version of Top Gear. The new American version sucks beyone sucking and needs to be tossed as quickly as possible.
The Daily Show

I love Top Gear too; this show hubby and I watch together! Those guys are hilarious!!!! :D I didn't know there was an American version? I love Monday night's for Top Gear! hehe
I enjoy the Daily Show too!! I sort of have a crush on Jon Stewart. hehe

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
qtiekiki|1297180291|2846583 said:
Glad to see some of the shows that we watched mentioned.

Like and/or watched regularly
The Walking Dead
AHH I forgot about this one! I love it, but it creeps me out too much. I am not exactly afraid of zombies, but it was on late (10 I think?) and it made me have nightmares, not just about zombies but about anything and everything evil :wacko: . I had to watch it the next day, in the afternoon. :cheeky:

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Cehra - I think you would maybe like Lie to Me - it reminds me a lot of the Mentalist and it actually, IMHO, a bit better and funnier!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love:
Frasier
Miss Marple
Upstairs Downstairs
Dog Whisperer
Lock N Load

Really like:
V (depending on how they end the series, it may move up to love)
Poirot (may move up to love)
Cadfael (may move up to love when I finish watching)
Golden Girls
Designing Women
Foyle's War
Battle Star Galactica (NOT the last couple of seasons :knockout: )
Star Trek Enterprise
The Young Indiana Jones (1st season is best!)
Firefly
The Nanny
various FoodTV (Good Eats, Tyler's Ultimate, Diners/Drive-ins/Dives, etc)
various DIY Network (10 Grand in Your Hand, Blog Cabin, Cool Tools, etc)

Hate:
"reality" shows
anything with multiple wives
The Simpsons (and any other animated thing similar)
Cops (falls in reality but deserves special mention)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
LOVE:
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
LOST
Big Love
Community
The Office (but it's going downhill)
Modern Family

HATE:
Seinfeld
Jersey Shore (used to watch it but can't handle it anymore)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love:

Arrested Development
Scrubs
The Office
Freaks & Geeks
Dexter
Gilmore Girls
Destination Truth
30 Rock
Roseanne

Hate:

Friends

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anchor -- I don't really like any talent shows either. The only exception is American Idol, and we only began watching it regularly last year.

Sillyberry -- I actually really like Two and a Half Men. I can't stand Charlie Sheen in real life, but I do think the show is funny. I can't help but wonder what Angus T. Jones' mom thinks of him working with someone like Charlie. He plays Jon Cryer's son. I'm assuming he's old enough to make his own decisions now, but when he was younger, I wondered what his mom thought and why she allowed it.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
LOVE:
Mad Men
Sex & the City
The Wire
Big Love
Veronica Mars
Entourage

LIKE:
Glee
30 Rock
Dexter
16 & Pregnant/Teen Mom
Rome
Project Runway

HATE:
Rock of Love
Real Housewives of Wherever
Family Guy
The Simpsons
The Real World/Road Rules (& related challenges)

I wish I had more time for TV. There are so many shows I'd love to start watching, but I know I'll just end up frustrated because I can't watch at the appointed time, and we don't have Tivo or DVR. I end up reading a lot of books since I can do that anytime, especially with my Kindle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results