shape
carat
color
clarity

Been to SANTA FE??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone been to Santa Fe & have any recommendations re: hotel/cool shops/antique markets etc. I might have to go for biz THIS weekend & might stay an extra day to see stuff. Normally I''d have more time to research & plan - but this is super last minute, yet an opportunity to see a place I''ve never been! FUN!

Also - anyone ever been to the 10,000 Waves Spa near there?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
12.gif
I have a little familiarity with Santa Fe.
12.gif

I whole-heartedly recommend 10k waves. It is hands-down the best hot-tub/spa place ever. Just driving up there relaxes me! It's full-on japanese style set on a mountain-side surrounded by pine trees. Everything is very carefully arranged to maximize the sense of privacy and beauty. Go at night so you can see the stars framed by the trees as you soak away all your cares. I also recommend getting a can of unsweetened green tea or something to drink while you're soaking. (near front desk) Sorry if I sound like an ad... but I love the place! Even my stressed-out bf feels mellow and human afterwards. But they book quickly on the weekends, so make your reservation early.

Do you have any particular interests? What sort of hotel are you thinking of? I'm happy to help!

ETA: The free weekly paper has good listings of the art and music for the coming week. It comes out every weds. http://sfreporter.com

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh shoot! Night, huh? I just reserved a 5pm private bath. Hmmmm. I was thinking kinda sunsety would be nice after a long day of shopping in town!

I''ll only have Sun & Monday to explore maybe ... so I was thinking

SUNDAY
Antique Market up by Opera (right out of town)
Georgia O''Keefe Museum??
Dinner on Canyon Road
Stay in town near Canyon Road

MONDAY
Get up & explore Canyon Road (unless stores are closed on Monday??)
Drive to 10,000 Waves ... bath, sauna etc
Back to "the strip" for a late dinner/ crash/ pack for flight

Was afraid to stay at 10,000 Waves for fear there wouldn''t be much to do at night! But they have this funky airstream trailer thing that looked hilarious! Wish I could afford a massage & the works right now but I''m happy to even get the chance to go there -- I''ve wanted to for years!!!

Excitement!! As for lodging: near Canyon Road I guess & cheap, cheap, cheap! Ooof - I can''t spend the $ I''ll make DOING the trip, ON the trip
20.gif
20.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely the georgia o''keefe, and if you''d be so kind to check this out for me as i just became aware of it recently:

The Rainbow Man
107 East Palace Avenue
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Phone: 505-982-8706
Mon-Sat 9-6; Sun 10-5
Bob and Marianne Kapoun, Owners
www.therainbowman.com

this shop is supposed to have some high carat gold chain necklaces!

movie zombie

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2006 6:12:26 PM
Author: decodelighted
Oh shoot! Night, huh? I just reserved a 5pm private bath. Hmmmm. I was thinking kinda sunsety would be nice after a long day of shopping in town!
Sunset will be great too! The mountain is bathed in this really beautiful light.

I''ll only have Sun & Monday to explore maybe ... so I was thinking

SUNDAY

Antique Market up by Opera (right out of town)

Georgia O''Keefe Museum??

Dinner on Canyon Road

Stay in town near Canyon Road

MONDAY

Get up & explore Canyon Road (unless stores are closed on Monday??)

Drive to 10,000 Waves ... bath, sauna etc

Back to ''the strip'' for a late dinner/ crash/ pack for flight

Was afraid to stay at 10,000 Waves for fear there wouldn''t be much to do at night! But they have this funky airstream trailer thing that looked hilarious! Wish I could afford a massage & the works right now but I''m happy to even get the chance to go there -- I''ve wanted to for years!!!

Excitement!! As for lodging: near Canyon Road I guess & cheap, cheap, cheap! Ooof - I can''t spend the $ I''ll make DOING the trip, ON the trip
20.gif
20.gif

Things should be open on monday, sunday it can be a bit quiet. I can''t actually think of any lodging on canyon road itself. How do you feel about walking? There are a bunch of b&b''s just south of the capitol that are... 5 blocks away from the start of canyon road. In fact anything within walking distance of the plaza will also be within walking distance of Canyon road.

Anyway, got to run for now.. I''ll write a bit more later tonight.
5.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, still don''t have much time for a comprehensive answer.
For B&B''s check out inn at the turquoise bear, Don Gaspar Inn, and Alexander''s inn. They all are in walking distance to Canyon rd (the first and last more so). And they all have at least one room around $100.
This hotel is right near everything (2 blocks from the start of Canyon road) and if you go through something like orbitz, the price is only around $82 a night.

Avoid any hotel with a street address on Cerillos Rd. That''s the big box/car lot main drag, not a lot of ambience and not in walking distance. If all you can find is hotels on Cerillos, you might as well get the Silver Moon trailer at 10k waves. It is only 10-12 minutes away from Canyon road.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Wren!!

Good scoop! I found a crazy good deal so I''m psyched ... also, high speed internet in the rooms. I''ll get my PS fix at least "late night" HEE!

I really appreciate your recommendations! Can''t wait to check out Santa Fe! Hooray.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh how did i miss this!? deco is coming to town? wooohooo!
36.gif

you''re going to looooove tenthousand waves... such a nice treat. i can''t think of anything to do that hasn''t been mentioned. the georgia o''keefe museum would be at the top of my list.
make sure to get some good mexican food and a few margaritas too!
31.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
Hi Belle! *heh heh* Guess we really do have the same sky after all!
2.gif

Deco, let us know if you want any restaurant or other sorts of recommendations. I whole-heartedly second going to O''keefe. They also have a very good (if expensive cafe).

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Eat at the Pink Adobe if you get a chance. It''s open for lunch and dinner and is located at 406 Old Santa Fe Trail. The number is (505) 983-7712. The food and location are great and it is a Santa Fe tradition. Have a great trip!!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I always thought the Shed was more of tradition. Though G. knows I get stopped a lot for directions to the Pink Adobe. If you''re fond of margaritas the best place in the world is Maria''s mexican kitchen on Cordova Rd. Their blue corn tacos are the best thing on the menu, but by the time the food shows up you probably won''t care that much.
2.gif

Oh and when someone asks ''Red or Green'', if you don''t know which one to pick, answer ''Christmas''.
9.gif

So, um, just how many us PSers are in NM anyway?
5.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mmmmmm. Margaritas!!!

Wow ... Belle, Wren & Sundial! Pscope has a thriving N.M. branch! Don''t try to spot me by my bling ... it''s stayin'' home
39.gif
(still needs re-tightening ... no riskies!)

Too bad there''s not a big jewelry show in town ... I''d have my eyes wide open!

Probably will be checking in from the road. Thanks again for all the great suggestions, tips, local faves!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh I forgot about the Shed, it has been a while since I''ve eaten there. It''s good too, but the Pink Abode is my personal fav. Of course I''m sure there are a lot of new places I haven''t tried too.

Well Wren and Belle I guess we probably pretty much make up the New Mexico chapter of pricescope.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 12:35:56 AM
Author: Wren
I always thought the Shed was more of tradition.

MMMMMmmm ... Shed!! Great pick, Wren ... and GUESS WHO ELSE was there tonight??!!! Jessica Simpson & entorage, including that famous "little person" from the ELF movie ... think they''re filming a movie around here.

OLD HOUSE Restraunt ... prix fixe dinner ... pretty good (don''t get the duck!) Nice Double Ginger mojitos though.

10,000 WAVES -- unbelievable. Also tried the "White Pepper Choc. Chip" ice cream there -- delish!

SUNDIAL, BELLE & WREN ... you guys haven''t let on what a JEWELRY mega-hug Santa Fe is! Wow, what cool stuff I''ve seen in just a few hours shopping. They wouldn''t let me take pix though! DRAT! Five carat cushion in a custom platinum setting made by a former Van Cleef artisan. *FAINT* And at that same store they had an 2 carat Asscher in a crazily ornate art-deco-ish diagonal halo? Pointy sides up & down? Does that make sense.

Leaving tomorrow sadly ... O''Keefe Museum, here I come ... & maybe, maybe the Pink Adobe ..

Enjoying your home turf very much ... THANKS again for the recommendations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results