shape
carat
color
clarity

Because Nothing Is Permanent

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This is why I don't get permanent eyeliner. This was height of style at the time.

elvispriscilla.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
And this is why I laugh at the phrase "heirloom furniture"

0room7.jpg

0room2.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
And don't get me started on why I don't wallpaper . . .

Just a thought I'd share some thoughts that bubbled up in my head. :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1381349552|3534877 said:

Ha ha, I love the thoughts that bubble up from your head iLander; they're always original! :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux said:
iLander|1381349552|3534877 said:

Ha ha, I love the thoughts that bubble up from your head iLander; they're always original! :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

How you doing, Minous? Hope your world is smiling on you. :)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, I would put that furniture in my house! (though I would lose those lamps...)

I love the way my Mom looks in her wedding photos, even if her updo and lipstick are a bit "much" for what we do today.
But I guess I'm old fashioned, don't think I will miss the trend of tattoos, put everywhere, that seems the trend for today.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ilander:

You forgot to include the picture of the matching fondu set with the furniture.

For shame.... ;-)

Perry

iLander

Ideal_Rock
perry said:
Ilander:

For shame.... ;-)

Perry

Done and done. :D

I'm pretty sure this is the exact set we had when I was a kid. :shock: I liked the different colors on the little forks and always wanted the red one. :bigsmile:

fondue.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You need one in "Harvest Yellow" (mustard). :lol:

Mini-skirt wedding dresses are missing. I loved mini-skirts at the time but even then, looking at wedding photos, I thought, "You're gonna be so embarrassed someday to have that in the family album!"

ginalollo.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1381354790|3534927 said:
perry said:
Ilander:

For shame.... ;-)

Perry

Done and done. :D

I'm pretty sure this is the exact set we had when I was a kid. :shock: I liked the different colors on the little forks and always wanted the red one. :bigsmile:

OK. The fondue set got me going there. I'm sorry but I must. Each card, I promise, has period accoutrements that will fit right in to this thread and bring back fond memories of the 60's and 70's. And make you glad they're past. REALLY glad.

For those who have not yet been subjected to them, for your viewing...pleasure? I offer up Candyboots 1974 Weight Watchers' Recipe Cards. The first time I and a couple of friends tried to view them together, we almost could not stand up for hysteria.

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1381355949|3534939 said:
You need one in "Harvest Yellow" (mustard). :lol:

Mini-skirt wedding dresses are missing. I loved mini-skirts at the time but even then, looking at wedding photos, I thought, "You're gonna be so embarrassed someday to have that in the family album!"

So that's what it would look like if Glenda The Good Witch got married in 1972!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deejay:

I have actually seen those cards somewhere in real life in my past. The recipes on the back were were nothing I would ever consider making. I think adding sawdust to bread to make it "high fiber" is more healthy.

Perry

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ilander:

One more picture request if you can find a good one:

In the age where contact between teenagers of opposite sex was slightly more retained than now... Someone introduced the game "Twister" so that you could find yourself in close personal contact with the other sex as part of a normal family game... I suspect you know exactly what I mean... ;-)

Can you find a good "action" photo of "Twister"

Perry

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Permanent eyeliner is alive and well! It just doesn't have to be 1960's style!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hence I've never contemplated getting a tattoo of a significant other's name....or any tattoo for that matter, my style and taste has changes all the time,

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
iLander, you're so right about the wallpaper.
The rolls and rolls my poor father has put up and stripped off. He used to make us leave the house when he did it. One time we came back and he asked my mom if she knew she had bought a pattern with a 22-inch drop match. She didn't even know what it meant. He took her to the newly papered bathroom pronto and explained in no uncertain terms it would be the last time she bought any rolls with a drop match period. None would ever cross the threshold again. The only wallpaper he'll do now is a border.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have no shame is saying how much I LOVE FONDUE!!!!!! My favorite is the cheese...oh I'm now dreaming of the Wisconsin Trio at the Melting Pot....best stuff ever.

Food never goes out of style! :naughty:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1381356700|3534945 said:
OK. The fondue set got me going there. I'm sorry but I must. Each card, I promise, has period accoutrements that will fit right in to this thread and bring back fond memories of the 60's and 70's. And make you glad they're past. REALLY glad.

For those who have not yet been subjected to them, for your viewing...pleasure? I offer up Candyboots 1974 Weight Watchers' Recipe Cards. The first time I and a couple of friends tried to view them together, we almost could not stand up for hysteria.

Oh my god, I am crying with laughter. I'll bet people lost a LOT of weight with these recipes!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

When I first looked at this site I thought ksinger had found the weight watchers cards and written all the descriptions! They are marvelous! I have to admit that I went on the very first Weight Watchers diet (although I do not remember those cards) and could probably figure out all the units. I remember that the number of beef and lamb units one could eat per week were limited. Also cheese, I think. I still have-or at least used to have the first Jean Nidetch Weight Watchers cookbook, which was my mother's, somewhere. I was only in sixth grade when I went on the diet for the first time, following my mother's example. I really was chunky and I took off 20 pounds and was rewarded by being able to get a two piece bathing suit that summer. I entered Junior High very thin and went steady with an older man from St Mary's High School at age 12. So it was all worth the sacifice. Good Grief! What am I saying? This thread must have taken me too far back in time!!! It is pre-feminist! ;))

Deb
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1381364410|3535027 said:
Oh my god, I am crying with laughter. I'll bet people lost a LOT of weight with these recipes!

We were posting at the same time, my friend. You are so very prescient. I used to love the hotdog and sauerkraut casserole made with three hotdogs and chopped up green peppers. It was all simmered in tomato juice. Tomato juice was a magic fluid. For some reason it, and only it, didn't make you fat. Slices of plain, white bread also had magical qualities if I remember correctly. One could melt anything on them. An ounce of cheese. Cottage cheese mixed with sweetener and vanilla to make a cheese Danish. (This was made in a toaster oven and was quite the treat!).

Deb
:wavey:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I warned you! First time I read them, I thought I was gonna DIE!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1381364860|3535034 said:

We were posting at the same time, my friend. You are so very prescient. I used to love the hotdog and sauerkraut casserole made with three hotdogs and chopped up green peppers. It was all simmered in tomato juice. Tomato juice was a magic fluid. For some reason it, and only it, didn't make you fat. Slices of plain, white bread also had magical qualities if I remember correctly. One could melt anything on them. An ounce of cheese. Cottage cheese mixed with sweetener and vanilla to make a cheese Danish. (This was made in a toaster oven and was quite the treat!).
Deb
:wavey:

Oh dear god... :-o

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Fondue is delicious, I like that green furniture, and the happy couple look very much in love.

Get off my lawn, whippersnappers! :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would imagine the problem with permanent eyeliner is that the eyes don't stay in a fixed, permanent position forever! Think 15 years down the road when your eyelids have stretched and drooped below the permanent line! No thank you - lol!!

The WW cards are unbelievable! I can't believe anyone ate that stuff! I'd rather munch carrot sticks all day than eat that green, slimy looking stuff! No wonder people lost weight - they simply didn't eat! :lol: :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1381354790|3534927 said:

Fluffy Mackerel Pudding????? :shock: :?: :oops:

The very thought of that warrants a "heaving - NOW!" emotie!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I grew up in the Seventies, God love 'em. Avon calling! We used to play with my Mum's wig from the Sixties.

You think the Muppets were popular? Well, we loved Rainbow. Three puppets in the Rainbow House being looked after by a human, Geoffrey. George and Zippy are part of the national psyche. Rainbow ran for about 25 years and Geoffrey is still recognised in the street - and beloved - by many grown-up children of a certain age.

Scroll to 1 minute 39:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ztjs4BGwWo

Oh, and Bagpuss, dear Bagpuss, who lives in a shop and all the antiques come alive when Bagpuss comes alive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beP8qXxbElY

This thread has really started me off! Sindy dolls (Barbie's British cousin), glittery make-up, Lipcote, white tights, sparkly legwarmers, Fame, stripy sweater dresses, and rah-rah skirts!

And we loved our fondue set. Are they a bit passe then? I will cancel my dinner party! :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some like fads.
Others don't.

Neither is better.
People just vary.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dark chocolate fondue? :love:
Even dog sh!+ would be delicious!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
SB621|1381364018|3535022 said:
I have no shame is saying how much I LOVE FONDUE!!!!!! My favorite is the cheese...oh I'm now dreaming of the Wisconsin Trio at the Melting Pot....best stuff ever.

Food never goes out of style! :naughty:

Me toooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
I would reupholster the furniture and I love wallpaper!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results