shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in Italy this week; I decant into small airless pump bottles.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I knew what's in the air here in Italy because my skin has been amazing since I've been here. It has healed so quickly, the texture is soft and smooth, and the tone so even, just like my skin before it was damaged. My facial routine is unchanged, yet my skin is fabulous! I'm going to be really sad if it reverts to being sensitive and bumpy when I get home. I wonder if it means I am allergic to something at home?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had the best breathing and skin of my life on Kauai. The humidity and clean air there were great for me. Came back home, breathing issues and skin issues started back up.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
It's funny - since I started double-cleansing (after reading about the process here), I can really "feel" the difference when I only cleanse once. Last night, I was really tired and didn't feel like going through the double cleanse, so I just did a single and it felt like my face still had gunk on it :shock: I used a toner to see how clean my face was and sure enough, there was a fair amount of make-up, sunscreen, dirt, etc. that was left behind. Love this thread! :D

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1463458368|4032577 said:
I had the best breathing and skin of my life on Kauai. The humidity and clean air there were great for me. Came back home, breathing issues and skin issues started back up.
That settles it. We all must move to Kauai!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1463487026|4032634 said:
It's funny - since I started double-cleansing (after reading about the process here), I can really "feel" the difference when I only cleanse once. Last night, I was really tired and didn't feel like going through the double cleanse, so I just did a single and it felt like my face still had gunk on it :shock: I used a toner to see how clean my face was and sure enough, there was a fair amount of make-up, sunscreen, dirt, etc. that was left behind. Love this thread! :D

I agree! I can definitely tell a difference (and feel a difference) when I don't double cleanse!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1463456620|4032561 said:
I wish I knew what's in the air here in Italy because my skin has been amazing since I've been here. It has healed so quickly, the texture is soft and smooth, and the tone so even, just like my skin before it was damaged. My facial routine is unchanged, yet my skin is fabulous! I'm going to be really sad if it reverts to being sensitive and bumpy when I get home. I wonder if it means I am allergic to something at home?

Do you live near a city or a place that has a lot of air pollution. I get very sensitive irritated skin whenever I venture into the city. I can almost feel it like I am wearing a mask, its super gross. And after that my skin gets very tender and irritated a few days after.

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Climate makes such a big difference. When I go to Hawai'i (not Kauai for me, my family is on O'ahu, Maui, and the island of Hawai'i), all my fine lines disappear, without any need to layer hyaluronic acid serums and emollients. It's the humidity, I'm guessing -- a quick check tells me the humidity today is 84% in Honolulu compared to 39% in San Francisco. Same for the times I've been to Barçelona (62% humidity), my skin plumps up, 24-hour chok-chok! Not sure where in Italy you are, Chrono, but I imagine it'd be similar to Barçelona, being on/near the Mediterranean Sea.

So maybe the humidity is cushioning your moisture barrier, lessening the susceptibility to irritation. (As an aside, I love how reading AB bloggers have increased my understanding of the science of skincare. This post was a revelation.) I wonder if your time spent in that climate will help your moisture barrier strengthen itself so you'll have a better starting point once you get home? Here's hoping!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1463492161|4032653 said:
Gypsy|1463458368|4032577 said:
That settles it. We all must move to Kauai!

That's what I said!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
yanaazul|1463518881|4032901 said:
Climate makes such a big difference. When I go to Hawai'i (not Kauai for me, my family is on O'ahu, Maui, and the island of Hawai'i), all my fine lines disappear, without any need to layer hyaluronic acid serums and emollients. It's the humidity, I'm guessing -- a quick check tells me the humidity today is 84% in Honolulu compared to 39% in San Francisco. Same for the times I've been to Barçelona (62% humidity), my skin plumps up, 24-hour chok-chok! Not sure where in Italy you are, Chrono, but I imagine it'd be similar to Barçelona, being on/near the Mediterranean Sea.

I walk to work from the train station (1.5 miles one way) and am subjected to quite a bit of wind in SF. No doubt that it wreaks havoc on my skin, especially in the winter.

Ckrickett - I got the highlighter set! The gold is beautiful - the powder is really shimmery, so I just stuck to the stick and balm for today. Stupid frickin' packaging though - gold beading mess everywhere!

I am really loving the dual pore pack - I use it on my breakouts along my chin.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My home is located in the valley but there is very little pollution, given that it is mostly a farmland but the pollen count is high most of the year. The location of where I am now is a busier city with somewhat dry air. However, it is not as dry as at home (DH is always hot and so blasts the AC and my office is like an working in the refridgerator).

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Yimmers|1463549781|4033116 said:

I walk to work from the train station (1.5 miles one way) and am subjected to quite a bit of wind in SF. No doubt that it wreaks havoc on my skin, especially in the winter.

Ckrickett - I got the highlighter set! The gold is beautiful - the powder is really shimmery, so I just stuck to the stick and balm for today. Stupid frickin' packaging though - gold beading mess everywhere!

I thought the packaging was quite fun! But it did make one hell of a mess!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1463264284|4031745 said:
With the living proof my very oily hair looks just washed clean, it's amazing. The batiste took some of the oil away but my hair still was oily and I couldn't wear it down. It's just not as effective. I can use the LP the day after I wssh my hair and wear it down with no issue and it looks fine. Then on 2nd day it still is working, though less effective but still kooks clean enough I can wear it up anywhere. Batiste looks like crap on 2nd day.
I don't have too many issues with Batiste but there's literally no comparison to the LP on earth.

momhappy|1463487026|4032634 said:
I don't ever need a toner, in fact, I find them to be an unnecessary irritant, but it really does make a HUGE difference.

Yimmers|1463549781|4033116 said:

The Caolion one? That stuff burned the HELL out of my face!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hoping my moisture barrier is repaired enough to be less sensitive now that I'm back in the USA. It's been great having no red cheeks and not a single breakout all week, and also not needing extra moisturizer throughout the day.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1463861840|4034530 said:
I'm hoping my moisture barrier is repaired enough to be less sensitive now that I'm back in the USA. It's been great having no red cheeks and not a single breakout all week, and also not needing extra moisturizer throughout the day.
I hope so too!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone use moisture mists. I am seriously addicted to them, but I want to find a good one with some skincare benefits, not just pretty smelling water.

I Love La Mers The Mist, and the Dewy Spray from Tatcha, but was wondering if there were cheaper alternatives since I go through them super fast

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1463879549|4034610 said:
Does anyone use moisture mists. I am seriously addicted to them, but I want to find a good one with some skincare benefits, not just pretty smelling water.

I Love La Mers The Mist, and the Dewy Spray from Tatcha, but was wondering if there were cheaper alternatives since I go through them super fast

I've read good things about Innisfree mists. I'm going to decant my toner into a spray bottle to use it as a mist.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yanaazul love all your travel containers I need to get a system like that going! Chrono I know you said you use a similar system...silly question, but how do you "decant" into these containers? Are there like special tools your use to make it quick/easy, or you simply squeeze out from the full size bottle into the container?

I've been using a self-tanner in preparation for traveling next week - the Jergens Natural Glow Fair to Medium - I have to say, it does make me look better, gives me a subtle "tan". It's yellow-based so I can see how if you overdo it it can end up looking too yellow. But so far what I gotten is subtle, and definitely an improvement over my normal reddish white skin tone. :roll: It's smelly - so I apply it at night before going to bed. It's the first time I use a self tanner so I can't compare it to others, but it's working fine, and the price is right.

I'm also looking into getting spray tanned - but want to make sure to use an alcohol free formula. Have found only ONE company so far that offers alcohol free solutions - all the others use alcohol. :( Last thing I need on my dry skin.

ETA: Oh! forgot to add...ame I bought the Davine's conditioner in Chocolate. Can't wait to try it. I was able to find it at a local salon so I didn't have to pay for shipping.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ,
Some pour easily, some do better with a large dropper, some might need a small funnel.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1463913420|4034708 said:
ckrickett|1463879549|4034610 said:

I've read good things about Innisfree mists. I'm going to decant my toner into a spray bottle to use it as a mist.

Thats a really smart Idea

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1463927641|4034763 said:
CJ,
Some pour easily, some do better with a large dropper, some might need a small funnel.

OK Chrono, so no tricks, just regular old transferring ::)

You are all so much more advanced product-wise I feared there was probably a better way to do it and I was doing it all wrong :D

(and thanks)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ckrickett said:

mario badescu makes a good one that's only 7 bucks! It's a rose water base.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love rose water!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ame|1463964514|4034963 said:
ckrickett said:

mario badescu makes a good one that's only 7 bucks! It's a rose water base.

Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had a "duh" moment as to why my skin stopped improving several weeks ago and why it was sensitive to beauty products that were previously fine. It's not that the air in my office is super dry, nor is it that my skin has become extra sensitive. I did not "read" my skin properly - it was telling me that I was over exfoliating, which is why the redness improved, but came back. It is why my skin got better, then had minor breakouts again. :wall:

It's not the air in Italy, but that I had stopped all acids because I knew travelling will be harsh on the skin, so all I did was hydrate, hydrate, and more hydration. I have not used any acids for 2 weeks and my skin has been incredibly calm. I'll give it a few more weeks before I attempt all the other fun stuff like honey and snail again.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1464101005|4035739 said:
I just had a "duh" moment as to why my skin stopped improving several weeks ago and why it was sensitive to beauty products that were previously fine. It's not that the air in my office is super dry, nor is it that my skin has become extra sensitive. I did not "read" my skin properly - it was telling me that I was over exfoliating, which is why the redness improved, but came back. It is why my skin got better, then had minor breakouts again. :wall:

It's not the air in Italy, but that I had stopped all acids because I knew travelling will be harsh on the skin, so all I did was hydrate, hydrate, and more hydration. I have not used any acids for 2 weeks and my skin has been incredibly calm. I'll give it a few more weeks before I attempt all the other fun stuff like honey and snail again.

I am glad you know what it was!

anngrant87

Rough_Rock
I love all natural essential oils!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1464101005|4035739 said:

Glad you're getting closer to the bottom of what's going on Chrono - that's awesome. :appl: Figuring out skin issues is so time hard.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alright - caved and bought a travel sized can of Living Proof dry shampoo - that stuff is really good. I have the Elizabeth James Nirvana White one, which smells good, but just ok. I will definitely be purchasing the full sized can.

I also spent some Beauty points and picked up the Algenist Vitamin C serum. I was using it on my dark spots (acne scars) and noticed they were fading away well. Then I went online and checked out the price on a full size bottle... :-o

Finally, I have been using the Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema calming body lotion. At first, I wasn't too sure about it. But then I noticed that the inside of my elbow, which had been plagued with an ongoing rash has disappeared. Have to admit, I'm quite impressed. Between the multiple body lotions I have tried out, this one has been pretty effective for me.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checking in with everyone - how is everyone doing?

Revamped my routine (again :lol: ). This one is even simpler but meets all my current needs and fully tested for more than a month, except for the Cure Aqua Gel. I'm really liking it as it is extremely gentle and is probably the gentlest form of exfoliation that exists. It's not for everyone but seems good for my very sensitive skin.

I noted a new DIY shop and ordered 2 new products because the formulation looks very good and is less expensive than the Holy Snails products: Stratia Rewind (Shark Sauce dupe) and Stratia Liquid Gold (moisture barrier healing).

A.M. [done in under 5 minutes]
1. Cleanse: Water
2. Booster: Dear by Enprani Moistfull Booskin
3. Toner: Hada Labo Gokujyun Premium Lotion
4. Essence: Holy Snail Snowbang
5. Serum: Holy Snail Shark Sauce
6. Lotion: Hada Labo Gokujyun Arbutin Milk
7. Sunscreen: Innisfree / Atopita

P.M.
1. Oil Cleanse: Botanic Farm Grain Ferment Cleansing Sherbet
2. Low pH Cleanse: Hada Labo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Cleansing Foam
3. Exfoliate: Cure Aqua Gel *2x weekly*
4. Booster: Dear by Enprani Moistfull Booskin
5. Toner: Hada Labo Gokujyun Premium Lotion
6. Essence: Holy Snail Snowbang
7. Serum: Holy Snail Shark Sauce
8. Sheet Mask: Freeset Donkey Milk Healing / Aqua
9. Moisturize: Thank You Farmer True Water Light Gel Cream
10: Sleeping Pack: Skin Ceramic Donkey Milk Yogurt Sleeping Pack + Holy Snail Perseids Oil *winter*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results