shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy! I do feel better not having a super red and itchy face. Now I have to get my really dry and itchy scalp under control. I've been massaging oil into the scalp at night to help it out and a little in the morning after my shower as well. While I know people say don't shower everyday, my scalp can't tolerate dry shampoo either. So I'm kinda screwed. I won't shampoo everyday, but just co wash with that Giovanni conditioner instead.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy! I do feel better not having a super red and itchy face. Now I have to get my really dry and itchy scalp under control. I've been massaging oil into the scalp at night to help it out and a little in the morning after my shower as well. While I know people say don't shower everyday, my scalp can't tolerate dry shampoo either. So I'm kinda screwed. I won't shampoo everyday, but just co wash with that Giovanni conditioner instead.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick update: I loved the SK-II treatment Essence so much, that I ordered a second bottle, a pack of SK-II sheet masks, and the SK-II Cellumination Mask-In Lotion - I got 20% off everything (a a free mini travel-size bottle of the Treatment Essence) with a Saks promo code.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New addition to the list of skin triggers:

Galactomyces/saccharomyces/bacillus ferment filtrate (yeast and soy) aka most First Treatment Essences
Coconut Oil
Honey
Snail
Tee Tree Oil
Mineral Oil
Alcohol (ethanol, denat alcohol, SD alcohol, etc.) although my skin is fine with it in minute amounts

The good news is that the sunburnt look of the bad skin reaction to the Scinic Snail AIO subsided within a few hours. The Enprani Moistfull Booskin toner and Goodal Waterest Lasting Oil are playing well with my skin. It is now strong enough to handle daily chemical exfoliation.

A.M.
1. Cleanse: Water rinse
2. Toner: Enprani Moistfull Booskin
3. Essence: Snowbang
4. Serum: Shark Sauce and Goodal Waterest Oil
5. Facial Oil: El Dorado Oil Serum
6. Sunscreen: Innisfree / Atopita

P.M.
1. Cleanse: Botanic Farm Grain Ferment Cleansing Sherbet
2. Double Cleanse: Hada Labo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Cleansing Foam
3. BHA: Corsx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid pH4.0
4. AHA: Papa Recipe White Flower 8% AHA Gel pH3.8
5. Vitamin C Serum: Drunk Elephant C-Firma Serum pH 3.5
6. Toner: Enprani Moistfull Booskin
7. Essence: Snowbang
8. Serum: Shark Sauce and Goodal Waterest Oil
10. Mask: Freeset Donkey Milk Healing / Aqua
11: Moisturize: Skin Ceramic Donkey Milk Yogurt Sleeping Pack + Perseids Oil

I'm loving this routine and if there is no further bad skin reactions, this will be the final and permanent routine.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yanaazul,
I am so sad that I cannot use any Honey or Snail product, especially when are known to be healing and calming. What sunscreen are you testing at the moment?

ckrickett,
I was surprised by the strong fragrance of the Innisfree sunscreen but it seems to work well on my skin. A bit drying but this shouldn’t be problematic during the humid summer months.

Evangeline,
That’s a lot of allergies and sensitivities. :blackeye: Fragrances bother me too and I always hold my breath if I have to walk into a department store where the perfumes are out front, forcing me to inhale the stink. I’ve started putting a bit of Argan oil to the tips of my hair to take the flyaways. Is this oil safe for you?

Yimmers,
How’s the testing of the new products? Are masks great? It took me a while to find the right mask (no alcohol and no ferments), and the Freeset Donkey masks are my holy grail. I see a huge difference right away that lasts all day. Good hydration and less redness.

MomHappy,
I am sorry I am unable to help with the scalp issue. I am so jealous of those who are able to use ferment products.

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Chrono said:
Yanaazul,
I am so sad that I cannot use any Honey or Snail product, especially when are known to be healing and calming. What sunscreen are you testing at the moment?

I’m so sorry you can’t use ferments, or snail or honey, Chrono. All the fun stuff from A-beauty! But great news that you are tolerating chemical exfoliation, and niacinamide, and vitamin C. Those are the heavy hitters!

Right now I’m testing Cerave SPF 50 Face Lotion (physical blockers only). Fortunately my search isn’t because of any irritation issues – as long as I abide by physical blockers only and absolutely no fragrance, and there are a lot of options for that. But I’m still looking for my holy grail texture. So many of these dry down very matte – which is as intended, people don’t want that greasy look – but I find it very drying. So I’ve been trying to find a non-drying sunscreen to layer under my BB cream. My BB cream is SPF 50, but because I apply it with a beauty blender sponge, I know I’m not actually getting SPF 50 so I’ve always applied 1/4 tsp of an actual sunscreen underneath. Plus, the BB creams also are matte finish and not moisturizing at all.

I use hydrating toners/serums as well, but I seem to need that final occlusive layer to seal it in, and layering an actual moisturizer under my sunscreen seems to be one too many layers, it all slides off so yeah, sunscreen sliding off the face defeats the purpose. So I’m searching for an emollient/occlusive with physical blockers in one.

So the Cerave has a nice smooth texture, but a lot of –cones, which give that matte drydown. The best moisturizing sunscreen I’ve found so far is Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery, but it doesn’t play the best once I layer the BB cream over it, it gets a little streaky. But my cheeks don’t feel tight when I use that one, and – vanity alert – my under-eye fine lines aren’t visible as they are with dryer formulas, so I’m probably going back to it.

New cleanser report: I used up the latest bottle of the Boscia Tsubaki Oil-Gel that I’d been using for a while, and my local Japanese market carries Hada Labo, so I decided to try the Hada Labo Gokujun Cleansing Oil. I like it a lot! It’s a very thin oil, emulsifies cleanly, and gets my eyeliner off completely, while the Boscia only incompletely removed the eyeliner so I'd have to use a separate eye-makeup remover.

Evangeline: I feel you on the fragrance in hair products. Hope you are recovered. Once my hair stylist used three drops of a hair serum when drying my hair, and I could smell it as she combed through my hair so I knew it was strong, but how bad could three drops be? Tomato-red swaths of eczema blisters down my neck and across the cheekbone that my long layers sweep across, that’s how bad. Like Chrono, I use oil (Tsubaki for me, and I’ve used Argan in the past), and when I need more hold I use Alba Botanicals Fragrance Free Hair Gel.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono,
I am really enjoying the hangover mask, especially out of the fridge. It's a wash off mask, so I use it after cleaning my face and before the toner. I haven't used the pore mask enough, but I'm hoping to see improvement on my pores on and around my pores. I've started using the Missha milk sunscreen and although I don't care for the smell, I like how it's alcohol free compared to the Biore. I will have to look into those masks after I get through these!

I really wish I could use retinols or products with AHA or BHA, and maybe I'll try again in a bit.

Yanazuul,
Are you going for a matte look or dewy skin? I've stopped with the whole matte look and just embraced a more dewy look. I use oil blotting papers if DH says I look "oily." It's interesting how the west values matte but the east wants that "mulgwang" or "dewy" look.

Momhappy,
I've heard so much about SK-II essence being so good. I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

Even though we're talking about skin care, I must throw in a cheer for the Innisfree Ampoule cushion compact. Shade 23 is a tad light, but it's quite moisturizing. It also doesn't have the smell that the Amore Pacific or Sulwasoo cc have (AP scent is way too strong for me).

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1462843245|4029560 said:
Just a quick update: I loved the SK-II treatment Essence so much, that I ordered a second bottle, a pack of SK-II sheet masks, and the SK-II Cellumination Mask-In Lotion - I got 20% off everything (a a free mini travel-size bottle of the Treatment Essence) with a Saks promo code.

I am using their eye cream too and the SK-II treatment lotion as well and I adore it! when I am done with my day cream I am thinking about getting one of theirs as well

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Yimmers|1462903257|4029858 said:
Chrono,
I am really enjoying the hangover mask, especially out of the fridge. It's a wash off mask, so I use it after cleaning my face and before the toner. I haven't used the pore mask enough, but I'm hoping to see improvement on my pores on and around my pores. I've started using the Missha milk sunscreen and although I don't care for the smell, I like how it's alcohol free compared to the Biore. I will have to look into those masks after I get through these!

I really wish I could use retinols or products with AHA or BHA, and maybe I'll try again in a bit.

Yanazuul,
Are you going for a matte look or dewy skin? I've stopped with the whole matte look and just embraced a more dewy look. I use oil blotting papers if DH says I look "oily." It's interesting how the west values matte but the east wants that "mulgwang" or "dewy" look.

Momhappy,
I've heard so much about SK-II essence being so good. I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

Even though we're talking about skin care, I must throw in a cheer for the Innisfree Ampoule cushion compact. Shade 23 is a tad light, but it's quite moisturizing. It also doesn't have the smell that the Amore Pacific or Sulwasoo cc have (AP scent is way too strong for me).

I haven't tried that cushion before! Right now I am using the IOPE one and loving it. I will have to try the innisfree one!

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Yimmers: I don't mind dewy, but not sticky! :lol: My BB cream is dewy, but I find that whatever it is that makes it not-matte, doesn't necessarily mean it's moisturizing...

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Missy said:
You're very welcome Evangeline. I hope you like it. And glad you are finding relief with La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5. I thought that was pretty good but if you are ever in the mood to experiment I really loved Avene Cicalfate for calming my very irritated face. I found it more soothing than the Cicaplast. Of course as with all things YMMV but I just throw it out there in case it could help calm your face down should you need something again.
Thanks Missy! I will keep the Avene version in mind when I run out of the Cicaplast.

Chrono said:
Evangeline,
That’s a lot of allergies and sensitivities. :blackeye: Fragrances bother me too and I always hold my breath if I have to walk into a department store where the perfumes are out front, forcing me to inhale the stink. I’ve started putting a bit of Argan oil to the tips of my hair to take the flyaways. Is this oil safe for you?
When I was in my late twenties I developed fragrance and other chemical sensitivities. I had to give up my beloved Shalimar, and got quite ill for many years if I was forced to be around anyone wearing fragrance (plane rides, theatres-ugh), but over the years my sensitivity had waned to the point where I could handle light fragrance in some products. This recent bout of allergies (which are all newly developed in the last few years!) seems to have reset my immune system back to super reactive. :blackeye:

Thanks for suggesting argan oil. I was always able to use argan, kukui seed, coconut and almond oils in my hair. I won’t retest the almond until I rule out tree nuts as an allergy, but I should pick up some argan oil to retest! My current shampoo/conditioner- OGX Kukui Oil, seems to still be tolerated, even though it has fragrance- which I am grateful for, since this stuff has worked wonders for my hair (long, wavy, frizzy, somewhat coarse) and is not expensive. I hope it remains ok for me.

Yanaazul said:
Evangeline: I feel you on the fragrance in hair products. Hope you are recovered. Once my hair stylist used three drops of a hair serum when drying my hair, and I could smell it as she combed through my hair so I knew it was strong, but how bad could three drops be? Tomato-red swaths of eczema blisters down my neck and across the cheekbone that my long layers sweep across, that’s how bad. Like Chrono, I use oil (Tsubaki for me, and I’ve used Argan in the past), and when I need more hold I use Alba Botanicals Fragrance Free Hair Gel.

Oh my goodness, three drops! Allergies/sensitivities are so crazy! I am sorry to hear about your reaction, and I feel your pain. I had many years of immediately washing my hair with my own products after being at the stylist. I am going to try that hair gel, thanks. In the more humid climate where we lived previously I didn’t have to worry about my curl falling out, but was always fighting frizzies. Since we moved 2 months ago it’s the exact opposite, hence the ill-fated experiment with the sea salt spray.

I guess I am looking for two products- something to boost my natural wave for when I let my hair air-dry, and something to hold curl for when I heat style. But now that I know I have to isolate and test each hair product, the hair stuff is getting back burnered until I have my face figured out. Which should be…what? Testing one new product every week or two, and taking a break for any setbacks? So…like…6 months or so? :roll:

My face is almost healed. Actually the cheek where I have been continuing to test the Hylamide Sensitivity Fix is completely healed, and the other one is lagging slightly behind. So I think I am safe to say that this was not the culprit in my reaction, and is beneficial for me. So yay!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evangeline,
When I break out from a product, I return to my base products that are known to be safe until my skin calms down. From there, I patch test on the neck or behind the ear for a day or two, then apply a bit on my face for a day or two, then slather it on as normal, but only one product at a time. If everything looks great after a week of full face application, I think it is safe to try another product. I also check my skin after using the product to watch for signs of redness, welts, or any sort of bumps, before moving on to the next step of my routine. When I go to the bathroom, I take a close peek at my skin to check for any delayed skin reaction.

Yanaazul,
Yes, dewy but not sticky. Sticky drives me crazy.

I am having a good skin day, so I'm happy. :))

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Completely off topic but I am LOVING The Skin Fetish set from Pat McGrath!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG Ckrickett, which one did you pick up?! I saw it on Wayne Goss' channel and he was raving about the balm.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Yimmers|1462992989|4030344 said:
OMG Ckrickett, which one did you pick up?! I saw it on Wayne Goss' channel and he was raving about the balm.

I got both of them, and OMG they are amazing. The Balm gives you this ultra healthy glow. I just adore it!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1462987133|4030299 said:
Evangeline,
When I break out from a product, I return to my base products that are known to be safe until my skin calms down. From there, I patch test on the neck or behind the ear for a day or two, then apply a bit on my face for a day or two, then slather it on as normal, but only one product at a time. If everything looks great after a week of full face application, I think it is safe to try another product. I also check my skin after using the product to watch for signs of redness, welts, or any sort of bumps, before moving on to the next step of my routine. When I go to the bathroom, I take a close peek at my skin to check for any delayed skin reaction.

Thanks for describing your testing process Chrono. This was helpful.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1462994993|4030361 said:

I got both of them, and OMG they are amazing. The Balm gives you this ultra healthy glow. I just adore it!

EEP, I picked up the golden one!!!! Can't wait to get it!!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

These are interesting to me - do you prefer one over the other? Does one seem more natural-looking than the other?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to share another new product that I'm really loving right now. I stumbled upon a store called Soapology while out for a walk in NY. I was with a friend and she suggested we go in because she was familiar with the products. I ended up purchasing a jar of their Walnut Scrub and it's amazing. I use it on my face about twice per week and it leaves my skin feeling super-soft. You only need to use a tiny bit, so I have a feeling that the jar is going to last me a long time. I like it so much, I'm going to go back for more and try some of their other products:)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1463145197|4031205 said:

These are interesting to me - do you prefer one over the other? Does one seem more natural-looking than the other?

For me since I am so pale with pink undertones, the Nude looks best on me. The golden looks good too, but I have been wearing it more at night since its a bit more dramatic.

so if you are pale or have pinky undertones for a more natural look Id go nude. If you have a darker complexion or have olive or yellow undertones I would go golden.

But yes, very natural and VERY beautiful!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Yimmers|1463117964|4031145 said:

EEP, I picked up the golden one!!!! Can't wait to get it!!

I hope you love it. Let me know what you think when you get it!

At first I thought the pan for the powder was very small (because it is) But a little goes a long way, so I think it will last a lot longer then pans that are double the size. Also the cream highlighter looks dynamite as eyeshadow as well!!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1463155991|4031280 said:
momhappy|1463145197|4031205 said:

For me since I am so pale with pink undertones, the Nude looks best on me. The golden looks good too, but I have been wearing it more at night since its a bit more dramatic.

so if you are pale or have pinky undertones for a more natural look Id go nude. If you have a darker complexion or have olive or yellow undertones I would go golden.

But yes, very natural and VERY beautiful!

Thanks! I might have to get one =)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so Living Proof's dry shampoo was the first one I had ever tried. And it was a revelation. But I kept hearing about Batiste Dry Shampoo which is 6 bucks at Target. And generally I've been lucky with lower priced cosmetics with Target (I love Boots No. 7 and ELF products) so I decided to give it a shot.

No contest. At all. The Living Proof stuff is so much better it's not even comparable. Of course it costs 6 times as much. So I only use it about once a week.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
That's good to know - I'm glad you did the comparison because I use Batiste on my daughter, but I also continue to shop around & try others. I think I'll purchase A Living Proof and see how it works. What is it about it that you like so much better? How is the scent/smell?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've decided to drop the AHA and BHA in favour of Mandelic Acid because I think it's the reason why my face flushes easily. It seems to have decreased the redness in my cheeks, so I'll keep this up and observe the results. That could also be why I'm having trouble tolerating honey and snail products, at least I hope so.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy - have you tried Bed Head's Rockaholic Dirty Secret?

That's the one I use and I like it, but then again I don't have a lot of experience/reference with other dry shampoos. It's the one I bought because I found several people/beauty bloggers who said it was good.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1463190804|4031512 said:
Okay so Living Proof's dry shampoo was the first one I had ever tried. And it was a revelation. But I kept hearing about Batiste Dry Shampoo which is 6 bucks at Target. And generally I've been lucky with lower priced cosmetics with Target (I love Boots No. 7 and ELF products) so I decided to give it a shot.

No contest. At all. The Living Proof stuff is so much better it's not even comparable. Of course it costs 6 times as much. So I only use it about once a week.

I might give this a go as I find Living Proof products are excellent (for my hair).

cheers--Sharon

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
With the living proof my very oily hair looks just washed clean, it's amazing. The batiste took some of the oil away but my hair still was oily and I couldn't wear it down. It's just not as effective. I can use the LP the day after I wssh my hair and wear it down with no issue and it looks fine. Then on 2nd day it still is working, though less effective but still kooks clean enough I can wear it up anywhere. Batiste looks like crap on 2nd day.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, gypsy - that's exactly what I was looking for! I'm definitely trying this on my daughter.

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
I think you all would appreciate this: traveling with a multi-step skincare routine. This is all my liquid skincare/haircare/toiletries, except for my lip balm. It all fits in a quart size ziploc with a little room to spare. For reference, the biggest bottles are 1oz/30ml. It can take me through a ten-day trip.

travelsize.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results