shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1437308498|3904744 said:
I don't know how much this counts as a beauty product, but it's beauty-related? Anyway I bought a thing to put my nail polishes in. It's just propped on the floor behind the cat food for now because in the next few months we're going to be moving all the rooms in our house around and so there's no point in drilling into the wall when it's just going to be moved across the house soon enough. But it freed up a drawer in my dresser and looks so organized. Of course, I have another dresser drawer full of nail polishes, so I really need another one of these, but I guess we'll see how much wall space there is once I move the rooms around (probably none, if I'm trying to keep my nail polish in my office, because the room destined to be the new office is almost all windows).

fullsizerender__2__5.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1437430126|3905390 said:
packrat|1437427794|3905371 said:
I just was thinking about Lush yesterday and pulled up the website-but then the kids were begging to go swimming so I didn't ever look at anything really. I need to get some better shampoo/conditioner. I got my hair cut again Saturday and she said it felt pretty damaged. I'm sure b/c of the bleaching that was done last October. I don't think it's ever fully recovered from that.

I've been using OGX Quenching Coconut Curls Conditioner for my chemically treated hair {it is both colored and permed}. This stuff detangles immediately and leaves my hair so soft--it's amazing. I leave it on while I am washing, shaving, etc. The only drawback for me is that it comes in a bottle you have to squeeze and with my arthritis I have to have someone squeeze it out into a paper cup beforehand. But the stuff makes my hair feel like buttah--and it was not expensive at all--13oz. for under $10.

I'll look up those hair products too. This is another kind I've been looking at. I only heard of them b/c they had a booth at the fair last weekend and my mom bought me some big bars of soap. https://www.perfectlyposh.com/products/shop-category/hair

And I switched my peel appt so it is tomorrow rather than Thursday. Will let you guys know how it goes.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makeup Artists Choice has a 5 acid body peel that I LOVE! It isn't a deep peel at all but when I use it, I am so soft and smooth. My skin becomes radiant and shiny, no more dead skin at all! You can buy a sample for just a few dollars and use it several times to try it out.

I am addicted. I won't be without it ever again.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds interesting HC!

Just got back from my peel. She put a numbing cream on after so I felt like I was swollen and my lips were huge-like after being at the dentist and they give you Novocain. The peel itself took like 15 minutes. They put the little goggles on your face and there's another attendant in there that blows cold air on you to help w/the heat. It stung but not bad. Like drizzling hot wax on your face. The only place it hurt to any degree was my upper lip. Just goes over your face once, tho the nose she did twice b/c that's where the larger pores tend to be. She did 8 microns, so the equivalent of 8 chemical peels. Take it easy today and then just play it by ear for the next week as far as activities. Now I know what to expect at least for the next two. The attendant was grinning ear to ear and said she's really excited for me to see my face after a week. They expect it to really help my acne. If I can just have "pretty" skin-it doesn't have to be perfect, just better, I'll be thrilled.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1437587584|3906140 said:

Just got back from my peel. She put a numbing cream on after so I felt like I was swollen and my lips were huge-like after being at the dentist and they give you Novocain. The peel itself took like 15 minutes. They put the little goggles on your face and there's another attendant in there that blows cold air on you to help w/the heat. It stung but not bad. Like drizzling hot wax on your face. The only place it hurt to any degree was my upper lip. Just goes over your face once, tho the nose she did twice b/c that's where the larger pores tend to be. She did 8 microns, so the equivalent of 8 chemical peels. Take it easy today and then just play it by ear for the next week as far as activities. Now I know what to expect at least for the next two. The attendant was grinning ear to ear and said she's really excited for me to see my face after a week. They expect it to really help my acne. If I can just have "pretty" skin-it doesn't have to be perfect, just better, I'll be thrilled.
8 peels?? You are going to be GORGEOUS!!!

So excited for you packrat!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1437598357|3906243 said:
packrat|1437587584|3906140 said:

8 peels?? You are going to be GORGEOUS!!!

So excited for you packrat!!
How are you feeling today?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty good actually, thanks! I put some of the cooling cream on last night before bed, and every time I woke up I was on my back, so I think even in my sleep it was too tender to lay on my side. I washed my face this afternoon and after my shower I made it about an hour before having to put some Eucerin cream on-my face was soooo horribly tight and dry-there is some peeling but nothing like the chemical peels. I'm not near as red today either. My skin feels weird when I touch it (which I'm trying not to do of course but-I'm tactile and need to touch everything) I do find that any sort of exertion makes me feel super warm/flushed. I got my uniform at Taekwondo tonight and the instructor let me sit by the fan and watch, and just went thru a couple things w/me tonight so I didn't get overheated. (it was already 84 in there, plus the uniform over my clothes good heavens that was more than enough!)

I think come next week I'll be pretty happy. My skin looks shiney, but not oil-shiney, and it looks like I have very minimal pores!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1437700640|3906759 said:
Pretty good actually, thanks! I put some of the cooling cream on last night before bed, and every time I woke up I was on my back, so I think even in my sleep it was too tender to lay on my side. I washed my face this afternoon and after my shower I made it about an hour before having to put some Eucerin cream on-my face was soooo horribly tight and dry-there is some peeling but nothing like the chemical peels. I'm not near as red today either. My skin feels weird when I touch it (which I'm trying not to do of course but-I'm tactile and need to touch everything) I do find that any sort of exertion makes me feel super warm/flushed. I got my uniform at Taekwondo tonight and the instructor let me sit by the fan and watch, and just went thru a couple things w/me tonight so I didn't get overheated. (it was already 84 in there, plus the uniform over my clothes good heavens that was more than enough!)

I think come next week I'll be pretty happy. My skin looks shiney, but not oil-shiney, and it looks like I have very minimal pores!
Ok, I have practiced self-control by not asking you everyday how you've been doing...

How are you doing? Are you happy with your skin?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm doing well, thanks for asking! The peeling is pretty much done now-yesterday it was fairly minimal too. We went to the city Saturday and I did swipe a little Jane Iredale HD powder over my face bc it was still red/blotchy/peely, so I didn't look *quite* so weird. My eyes watered a LOT for a few days-I'm not really sure why, I can't see where there'd be any correlation, so it must've been a coincidence, like allergies or whatnot. I do not have perfect skin, but it does look better. Not hugely different than it did...it looks less spotty, where the dark discolored spots from past acne is and there's one spot on my cheekbone that I used to be able to feel and actually was a sort of divet that the pad of my index finger could settle into, now I have to search a little for it when I'm not looking in the mirror and it's not quite as noticeable in the mirror. I think now tho, the 2nd and then 3rd peels should really show good results b/c the first one had more old/dead/yucky skin to go thru, so the next ones should be able to go deeper into the skin. Purely speculation on my part but it seems to make sense, right?

ETA: I'm going to ask if they'll do another set of the skin pictures before the next peel so I can see how the numbers have changed.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1438204433|3908790 said:
I'm doing well, thanks for asking! The peeling is pretty much done now-yesterday it was fairly minimal too. We went to the city Saturday and I did swipe a little Jane Iredale HD powder over my face bc it was still red/blotchy/peely, so I didn't look *quite* so weird. My eyes watered a LOT for a few days-I'm not really sure why, I can't see where there'd be any correlation, so it must've been a coincidence, like allergies or whatnot. I do not have perfect skin, but it does look better. Not hugely different than it did...it looks less spotty, where the dark discolored spots from past acne is and there's one spot on my cheekbone that I used to be able to feel and actually was a sort of divet that the pad of my index finger could settle into, now I have to search a little for it when I'm not looking in the mirror and it's not quite as noticeable in the mirror. I think now tho, the 2nd and then 3rd peels should really show good results b/c the first one had more old/dead/yucky skin to go thru, so the next ones should be able to go deeper into the skin. Purely speculation on my part but it seems to make sense, right?

ETA: I'm going to ask if they'll do another set of the skin pictures before the next peel so I can see how the numbers have changed.

Everyone I know who has seen big changes from peels has done a lot of them, like you're doing, and never saw too many changes after the first one. I bet even if you don't see tons of change from peel to peel, the total before and after will be huge!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm hoping so!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I just mentioned this in Packrat's thread and I love these products so much I felt it was worth it to come here and shout from the rooftops:

NaPCA--this stuff is the JAM. It's a liquid moisturizer/spray that supposedly contains the same compounds as your skin's natural moisture. I spray this stuff all over my face and pat it in. It seems to plump up fine lines and it leaves my skin hydrated without being oily. I also use it on my hands/body if I still feel dry after putting on lotion. It feels really refreshing and it's inexpensive too!

Sebamed products: I use the face and body wash and face cream religiously. It's pH balanced and will not strip my dry skin of valuable hydration. I also like the light fragrance. You can buy the face and body wash at Costco, and you can find the full line of products on Amazon.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is more a grooming aid than a beauty product, but I can't live without it in the summer: Kerasal One-Step Exfoliating Moisturizer Foot Ointment. Honestly it's kind of a pain to use - my home isn't air-conditioned, and I've found this works better if it's stored in the refrigerator, and it is in a petroleum jelly-type base, so it's greasy... but oh my, does it work! I used to have problems with rough and even cracked heels in the summer, and using this product at night totally eliminated that problem. I used to deal with the greasiness by wearing cotton socks overnight. Then I realized the stuff does absorb pretty quickly, just not instantly... so now I'll put the ointment on, then rest my feet on a (dedicated :wink2: ;-) ) hand towel for a few minutes while reading in bed. It's absorbed within 10-15 minutes and I don't have to worry about it any more. I use this just a few nights a week - or several days in a row if my feet do get rough. After a few days' use, the rough skin will slough off with just a good towelling or plastic foot file after a warm shower or foot bath. The same company also makes a very rich daytime foot moisture cream which I also like - it absorbs well and isn't sticky - but I'm not too consistent about using it, and I've never tried using it without also using the exfoliating ointment at night.

Sorry I didn't think to post this until now - when summer is almost over! :oops:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone tried the baby foot deep exfoliator?

When I went to Texas, the ladies were raving about this product. They said you absolutely can't use it during the summer because it really does peel off all of your dead skin, but you are left with brand new feet.

I would love to hear some PS reviews on this product.

The photos are so gnarly!!!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
House Cat|1441736297|3925105 said:

When I went to Texas, the ladies were raving about this product. They said you absolutely can't use it during the summer because it really does peel off all of your dead skin, but you are left with brand new feet.

Where do you get this? My feet look like I walk thru hell daily.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Kat Von D's lipsticks- not a boring color in the collection.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1441748886|3925229 said:

This pretty much explains it:

http://www.today.com/style/baby-foot-peel-review-japanese-baby-feet-peel-I542598

HC: I played with the idea of getting this for my mother, who had major foot related mind-clean issues, but I knew the indeterminate days of shedding skin just wouldn't do. I'm still curious about it but I really don't have the luxury of dealing with a prolonged period of shedding skin :???: either, so I'll probably just stick with my imperfect feet and the imperfect foot ointment I mentioned above.

But like you, I'd love to hear from someone who's actually tried the baby foot product. I could be persuaded...! :mrgreen:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone tried the sheet facial masks made with snail slime? One of my sisters-in-law gave me about a half dozen "Darling" sheet masks by Etude House. We were all ready for a facial party until my other SIL read the fine print: "Gel essence mask sheet formulated with Snail Secretion Filtrate ingredient to protect skin damaged by stress and environment." Suffice it to say we had not yet drunk enough wine to take the plunge.

Apparently snail slime facial products are all the rage in Korea. The theory is that snail slime protects the snail's belly from whatever it slips over, and helps it heal, so it must provide similar benefits for human skin.

Has anyone actually tried this stuff?

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
MINIMS said:
Amber St. Clare|1441748886|3925229 said:

This pretty much explains it:

http://www.today.com/style/baby-foot-peel-review-japanese-baby-feet-peel-I542598

HC: I played with the idea of getting this for my mother, who had major foot related mind-clean issues, but I knew the indeterminate days of shedding skin just wouldn't do. I'm still curious about it but I really don't have the luxury of dealing with a prolonged period of shedding skin :???: either, so I'll probably just stick with my imperfect feet and the imperfect foot ointment I mentioned above.

But like you, I'd love to hear from someone who's actually tried the baby foot product. I could be persuaded...! :mrgreen:

I have found lactic acid peels to work amazingly well on my feet. I bought a bottle of 80% lactic acid from a home brew supply shop on Amazon for $5. I also bought a nylon fan cosmetic brush from Target for $1. After a hot shower I brush the lactic acid on my feet and let it sit for a few minutes. I then rinse my feet and use a pumice stone and the callouses just slough off! Finally I fill the tub with a few inches of water and add a couple spoonfuls of baking soda and give my feet a quick soak to neutralize any remaining acid. Then I dry and moisturize my feet. I was starting to get a couple corns on my toes from where they rub the inside of my stiff dress shoes, and the callouses on my heels were getting quite thick. My feet feel so much softer and look much prettier and younger! I've even done DH's feet a few times and he was so happy with the result! Only problem is an older/less flexible person (like your mom, perhaps), may have a hard time scrubbing their feet vigorously and a helper might be required.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! And for anyone who suffers from Keritosis Pilaris (the rough chicken-skin like texture many people get on the backs of their arms) lactic acid works wonders! I used to get KP really bad on the backs of my thighs and this is the only thing that has really helped. I dilute 1 teaspoon lactic acid in a cup of water (use a non-reactive/non-metal bowl, like a glass or plastic bowl). I brush on a thin layer, let it sit for about 2 minutes and then swab on a mixture of baking soda dissolved in water to neutralize (no need to measure--maybe like a teaspoon full in a cup of water). I do this about once a month and haven't had KP since! Just don't use this treatment more often than once every other week or you could irritate your skin. When I do my thighs I usually do my knees, elbows, hands and face as it makes my skin so soft by getting rid of dead skin cells and helps it to soak up moisture better.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1441751487|3925248 said:
Has anyone tried the sheet facial masks made with snail slime? One of my sisters-in-law gave me about a half dozen "Darling" sheet masks by Etude House. We were all ready for a facial party until my other SIL read the fine print: "Gel essence mask sheet formulated with Snail Secretion Filtrate ingredient to protect skin damaged by stress and environment." Suffice it to say we had not yet drunk enough wine to take the plunge.

Apparently snail slime facial products are all the rage in Korea. The theory is that snail slime protects the snail's belly from whatever it slips over, and helps it heal, so it must provide similar benefits for human skin.

Has anyone actually tried this stuff?

I haven't tried a snail sheet mask but I have several snail lotions. Eh. They don't really do anything for me. Other people like them a lot though.

BUT a warning - snail stuff is chemically related somehow to dust mite stuff and there's cross-reactivity between the allergies, so if you're allergic to dust mites, use caution with snail products.

source:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1398-9995.1998.tb03862.x/abstract
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1398-9995.1998.tb03863.x/abstract

eta: Also you may be happy to know that no snails are harmed in the harvesting of snail slime. I was afraid it was mushed up snails so I did some research.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh but in terms of Asian skincare fads, I do really love the fermented essences - I use IOPE Bio Essence and really like it (I also got it because it has some anti-inflammatory ingredients in it). I think they are basically all based on the SK-II stuff and La Mer, but the SK-II stuff is JUST a ferment and La Mer is like ferment + bog-standard lotion ingredients (and that price, jesus). There isn't any solid research on whether any of the fermented products really do anything long term, so I'm figuring it's pretty much just another moisturizing ingredient, but I like it and managed to get one with other ingredients I was looking for adding, so I keep rebuying.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1435381770|3895097 said:
msop04|1435345086|3894872 said:
Best. Makeup Remover. Ever.
You just opened up a whole new world for me! I have never heard of cleansing water! I can't wait to try it!

HC - Did you try this? I'm contemplating . . .

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
tuffyluvr|1441752343|3925252 said:
Oh! And for anyone who suffers from Keritosis Pilaris (the rough chicken-skin like texture many people get on the backs of their arms) lactic acid works wonders! I used to get KP really bad on the backs of my thighs and this is the only thing that has really helped. I dilute 1 teaspoon lactic acid in a cup of water (use a non-reactive/non-metal bowl, like a glass or plastic bowl). I brush on a thin layer, let it sit for about 2 minutes and then swab on a mixture of baking soda dissolved in water to neutralize (no need to measure--maybe like a teaspoon full in a cup of water). I do this about once a month and haven't had KP since! Just don't use this treatment more often than once every other week or you could irritate your skin. When I do my thighs I usually do my knees, elbows, hands and face as it makes my skin so soft by getting rid of dead skin cells and helps it to soak up moisture better.
Have a link to the Lactic Acid? I have KP all over my lower cheeks and arms. I usually use KP Duty from Dermadoctor (the scrub which I slather on dry skin and just let sit) and that tends to help a lot.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
If I recall correctly, the KP Duty is a glycolic acid treatment, right? I tried glycolic acid, and it worked pretty well for me too, but lactic acid turned out to work even better for me AND it's literally a fraction of the cost.

This is the one I use: Lactic Acid 88% 5oz for Home Brew https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MBW7V2/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_P7iawbQH2PTDY

I originally bought lactic acid after watching this woman's video tutorial on lactic acid facial peels. She has the most gorgeous skin, so of course I wanted to give her method a try! http://youtu.be/p5NvW5jMwPo

Later I read about using it for KP and was thrilled to have such good results! 2 summers ago I didn't even want to wear shorts because I was so embarrassed by the chicken skin on the backs of my thighs, and it's now completely gone and I'm wearing shorts right now! I also put a teaspoon of it in my regular daily body lotion (16oz bottle, shake very well) as a preventative/daily maintenance. I don't think I mentioned that above...

I hope it works for you too! (I mean, if you decide to try it!)

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Two new items for my fellow skincare junkies. I was at the mall the other day and was compelled to spend some money :Up_to_something: !

Peter Thomas Roth--Pumpkin Enzyme Mask: Well, first I have to warn you it has a noticeable pumpkin fragrance {hence the name, I guess}. And it has some microbeads. I put this on my face for 5 minutes and since have sensitive skin I didn't rub. I have to tell you it did I great job refining my skin and with continued use {I bought it to weeks ago and have used it 4 times} some stubborn milia has actually vanished! {also, I LOVE pumpkin and the fragrance made me want a pumpkin muffin, but I digress} I'm really pleased with this product. There's a LOT in the jar and I think it was a very good investment.

Studio 35 Beauty Daily Cleanser with Microbeads:: I noticed that another cleanser I was using was clogging my pores and needed to find another one. So when I went to Walgreens I saw this. I have no idea why I bought it, I had never heard of the brand but it was inexpensive and I figured why not?--but I can tell you it does a great job on my skin. It' creamy and rinses of fast. And it leaves no residue.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kat Von D has a line of fabulous lipsticks. Much better colors than the $90.00 ChristianLouboutin ones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1443832214|3934280 said:
Kat Von D has a line of fabulous lipsticks. Much better colors than the $90.00 ChristianLouboutin ones.

Do they stay on? I need lipstick that is like glue. Just looked it up. Looks like the liquid is longlasting. Going to give it a shot next time I'm in the store (I refuse to buy lipstick online).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results