shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful Movies

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
This has probably been discussed before but I couldn't find it when I hit the search button. Can you think of some beautiful movies that are great to watch for jewelry and clothes?

Great Gatsby with it's Tiffany Jewelry and costumes...to die for!

I love:
Devil Wears Prada
The Other Boleyn Girl
Breakfast At Tiffanys
Marie Antoinette
Le Divorce
Bride Wars(most wedding movies in general honestly)

For scenery:
Under the Tuscan Sun
The Holiday

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
For fashion and jewels:
Memoirs of a Geisha
Ever After
This is a show but The Tudors

For general beauty
Under the Tuscan Sun
The Last Samurai
Far and Away
I dreamed of Africa
Black Beauty

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
For general beauty, Picnic at Hanging Rock. Every single frame is composed like a painting; it knocks me out every time I watch it.

--- Laurie

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Makemepretty, thank you for starting this thread! I can tell my DH that these movies come highly recommended! :naughty:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Intolerable Cruelty is one of my favorites because of Catherine Zeta-Jones' wardrobe. It is freaking flawless. George Clooney ain't bad, either.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1375318167|3494162 said:
Intolerable Cruelty is one of my favorites because of Catherine Zeta-Jones' wardrobe. It is freaking flawless. George Clooney ain't bad, either.
+1 Love that movie!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Great Gatsby 1974 (jewelry by Cartier)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Great Gatsby 1974 (jewelry by Cartier)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Titanic - and obviously the protagonist was not a PS-er - a PS-er wouldn't throw that bauble back in the water! :naughty: :Up_to_something:

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Wanted to add:
Vanity Fair(with Reece Witherspoon)

Rachel Zoe tv show. When she got her push present of a 10 ct cushion cut diamond, it was maj.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
The NEW Great Gatsby :love: :love:

Also adding The Notebook
The Horse Whisperer
The Black Stallion

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Match Point is a gorgeous movie to watch, as well as Midnight in Paris (both Woody Allen).

His movies are love letters to the great cities they are set in.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
The BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. The clothes, scenery, and, of course, Pemberley.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1375818391|3497734 said:
The BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. The clothes, scenery, and, of course, Pemberley.

I love Jennifer Ehle as Lizzy! (It was cool finding out that her mother is Rosemary Harris.) I thought she was much better than Keira Knightley.

ETA - Ha! I found another place for fun stills of both versions, Ehle and Knightley!
http://costumersguide.com/pride_prejudice/2005ball.html

amc80

Ideal_Rock
ksinger|1375825527|3497797 said:
amc80|1375818391|3497734 said:

I love Jennifer Ehle as Lizzy! (It was cool finding out that her mother is Rosemary Harris.) I thought she was much better than Keira Knightley.

ETA - Ha! I found another place for fun stills of both versions, Ehle and Knightley!
http://costumersguide.com/pride_prejudice/2005ball.html

I thought Keira Knightley was too thin. Lizzy wasn't supposed to be skinny, she was supposed to be sort of sturdy. I also thought the actress who played Jane in the BBC version wasn't stunning enough. She was pretty, but according to the book she was supposed to be gorgeous. Now, Colin Firth? Perfect :)

ETA- cool site!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw Only Lovers Left Alive and found it striking. She's so pale and he's so dark and the scenes are beautifully shot.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Room with a view (you will want to go to Italy afterwards!)

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I just watched Room With A View a few weeks ago. Love that one. Julian Sands reminds me of my husband :naughty:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
makemepretty|1404861706|3709305 said:
I just saw Only Lovers Left Alive and found it striking. She's so pale and he's so dark and the scenes are beautifully shot.

I agree.

another sans jewelry though movie that is a gorgeous cinematography score: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. almost every shot starting with the credits is a work of art.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"The Sound of Music" is a masterpiece. Every scene is a postcard. The scene with Maria and Mother Superior in the beginning of the movie is perfect. The lighting, and coloration take my breath away everytime I see it.

My other favorite is "Gone With the Wind" Scarlett and Melanie and all those dresses, and the jewelry, of course. Fabulous jewelry all throughout the movie. Scarlett's coral necklace in the Bar-b-que scene is awesome. And the huge cameo she wears in the last scene of the movie. Scrumptious!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results