shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauticians!!! Help!!!!!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daguhter had light brown (maybe a little ash) colored hair. She wanted blonde hilights last summer, got those. That was ok for a while then she wanted her natural hair color back. Went and had that done, but see reddish color coming through so we go back and I tell them we don't want the red, get rid of the red tint. Try again and the color won't seem to stay and I still see a reddish tint. She has about an inch of new growth at the roots and he have gone in and color matched to her roots but the color isn't taking/doesn't last long and the reddish color from previous highlights keeps coming through.

How do I get her color back to stay?

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
I used to color my mom's hair for years. If you want no red, and her hair is light ash brown, use a Loreal 7A. http://pics2.ds-static.com/prodimg/178659/300.jpg

Light beige brown is also an option. These tend to be heavy on the ash and may be a little dull in result, but should get rid of the red: http://www.garnierusa.com/~/media/Images/Garnier/Home/Products/HairColor/Nourishing-Color-Creme/SWET-LTT-DRK-BG-BLND-72/P0126_packshot.png?h=400&thn=0&w=307

You'll see that these Level 7 colors are called Dark Blonde but they are what most people think of as light brown.

If your daughter is darker than the image on the Garnier box above, try 6.5A or a 6A. The 6's are quite dark, though, even though they're called light brown.

But anyway, to get rid of the red, try any brown ash shade, or any shade with the word "beige" or "champagne." But stay away from anything with the word "gold" in it, as that means a reddish tint. So you definitely don't want light golden brown, as that will give you a red-chestnut tint.

I never went wrong with Mom's hair because I always did a strand test first, which I recommend doing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results