shape
carat
color
clarity

Bathroom remodeling time

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade
We are starting to think of remodeling our bathrooms. I want a soaking tub in the Master bath that is freestanding. I found this and thought it was cool, however probably won't get this one but just thought I would share. A high heel bathtub.

sicis-shoe-bathtub.jpg

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It will probably be more like this one. Does anyone have one and do you love it? Any good recommendations of where to buy one?

wyndham_wc_bt1003_71_6.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks nice - I don't have a soaking tub as I'm not a bath type person. Back in the day all the rage was the whirlpool type tubs. I understand they take quite a bit of water to fill and create a lot of weight so make sure your floor is reinforced real well - particularly if it's an upstairs bath.

I really like Kohler for bathroom products. You could always google for a Kohler dealer in your area.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love some of the sculptural, free-standing ones but the shapes I liked best turned out to be uncomfortable when I sat in them for awhile. We ended up not going with a freestanding tub for a variety of reasons, but comfort was part of it.

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade
They have them in stone but now they have them in a resin material that is very light weight. That shoe tub btw is $47,000. They have them in a variety of colors. Love the purple one though. LOL.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondBrokersofFlorida|1341572233|3229381 said:
I kind of like this look with the clean lines yet with some rustic feel of stone.

That's very attractive and appealing!

47k for a high heel tub - think I'll pass! :naughty:

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I don't have windows like the photo but I wonder if you could do a mural on the wall that looks like that to give you an open feel. Also wouldn't want the neighbors to see me taking a bath. :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That high heel looks like it might actually be comfortable unlike the ones that go on your feet!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love soaking tubs. My pet peeve though, is the slope of the tub, the part that you recline on. If it's too vertical, it's not comfortable. I would make sure that is not an issue with any tub you are considering. Our ensuite tub is too vertical, ugh!!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1341529450|3229180 said:
Looks nice - I don't have a soaking tub as I'm not a bath type person. Back in the day all the rage was the whirlpool type tubs. I understand they take quite a bit of water to fill and create a lot of weight so make sure your floor is reinforced real well - particularly if it's an upstairs bath.

I really like Kohler for bathroom products. You could always google for a Kohler dealer in your area.

I also love Kohler for the bathroom and kitchen. We built our house with a whirpool/jacuzzi bath 17 + years ago. I have never used it. DH a few times. I just clean it and it is a pain. Takes a while to fill.If I want to take a bath I use DD bathtub. Now give me a large roomy shower and I am in heaven.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soocool|1341775306|3230621 said:
I also love Kohler for the bathroom and kitchen. We built our house with a whirpool/jacuzzi bath 17 + years ago. I have never used it. DH a few times. I just clean it and it is a pain. Takes a while to fill.If I want to take a bath I use DD bathtub. Now give me a large roomy shower and I am in heaven.

OMG. I actually put a whirlpool/jacuzzi tub in our basement here because I wanted one so bad and we couldn't retrofit one into our ensuite. I actually use it down there all the time, which is highly inconvenient. Now, if they made a slipper type whirpool tub I think I'd be in Heaven. :saint:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love just a soaking tub. We have jaccuzi tub and it is too big for me, I feel like I am sliding downward every time I use it. My feet can't reach the edge. Plus the jets make the water cold.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I like the windows best in the bathroom you posted. Like taking a bath outdoors. Woot!

I always wanted a jetted tub. Visions of soaking happily after a day of gardening. Actually have used ours a few times only. Too much trouble & time to fill it.

Also next time I'll avoid a "garden tub" (dumb name: what do they have to do with gardens?). Ours is up a big step, set into a wide area of tiling & the tub is deep. The only way to clean that puppy is to get naked & climb in. Drives me crazy!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How tall are you? My boyfriend the plumber says that people don't spend enough time trying tubs out before choosing one and people who are too short end up with really long deep tubs that aren't comfortable in the long run because there's no good way to brace yourself if your feet don't reach the other side and you end up sliding down into the water. If deep is your desire, you can go that way, but maybe a shorter length tub if you're not on the tall side. Just a consideration...

NTave

Shiny_Rock
The tub looks lovely, but uncomfortable to actually lay in. Id check it out, lay in one, before you buy. I have a 2 person Jacuzzi jet tub that is lovely, and it was perfect for the kids to "swim" in when they were younger, and its super comfortable for just one person to use. I love it. Its my perfect glass of wine and bubbles hangout spot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results