shape
carat
color
clarity

Barbie & Ken- Brother and Sister!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Did you know... Barbie and Ken were marketed at the start as brother and sister??? I heard it this morning. Isn''t that crazy? I guess at one time, the designer who made them went on Oprah, and said that yes, they were modeled after a real pair- brother and sister!! Eeew... No more cruises in my Barbie RV for you two..

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
In fact, they were named after Mattel''s children, Barbie and Ken.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

I liked Barbie better as a skankie ho!!!It''s better that ''Inbreeder Barbie'' and ''Kissin'' Cousin Ken''
14.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I know, it''s kinda diminshed my play times as a kid! Eeew... I had the Barbie Bed for them when I was 9. SO wrong.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Now I''m wondering about Raggedy Ann and Andy!! Siblings or couple?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
They looklike siblings to me. BUT, have you ever heard that like pets, husbands and wives start to look alike after a while?
31.gif
I hope they are siblings, the resemblance is astonishing! Now, here''s another query: Chimunks and Chippettes? Blood related? Think about it, the only speaking chipmunks in the world? I dunno...
23.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember when Ken was first marketed and I do not recall anything about him being marketed as a brother - and my sisters had to have Ken right away.

Without a lot better documentation - I suspect that this was just one of the marketing ideas tossed arround in backrooms before Ken was introduced to the public for sale.

Perry

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a bit more information I have found with a few minute of searching:

Barbie was introduced with a full name of: Barbie Millicent Roberts and was introduced in the early model years with the following background information: That she grew up in Willows, Wisconsin and was a teenage model, later graduating from Willows High School in 1963. Her first non-modeling job -while in highschool - was as a babysitter (Barbie has had over 70 different jobs and carrears in her life so far).

Ken was introduced with a full name of: Ken Carson (no middle name given). Barbie met Ken at a ball - and it was love at first sight... and the rest is history.
36.gif

It is true that the names "Barbie" and "Ken" did originate from the names of the Mattel founder''s kids. Name origins do not make them brother and sister; and the last names being different and their presented history clearly indicates the fact that they were not.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results