shape
carat
color
clarity

BALI - Anyone been?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Balinese people have so little, but at the same time they have so much! Truly the happiest people on earth i think. :))

So sorry you are not enjoying the food! :(sad Yeah we ate fairly extravagantly the last time as we were on our honeymoon. We don't usually eat like that. I'm hoping that you get in a least one more good meal before you go home! Speaking of meals.. did you get to Mc Donalds or Pizza Hut? I am curious as to how they compare to the real thing.

Well enjoy your last two days in Bali, i'm looking forward to hearing what you thought of it when you get home.

ETA: Did you get the driver to drive you for your time in Seminyak? Just thinking if you loved the food they made you, you could always offer to buy a heap of seafood from the real fish market in Jimbarian (tourists don't usually go there, it's a locals place) and have the family cook it as a thank you for their hospitality? The driver would probably know exactly which market I am talking about and would be able to get a great (local) price on the seafood for you. If you would like the name of the fish market I can probably find out via FB.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I'm bumping up this great thread on Bali. Especially from HOT

We are going there for our honeymoon in January, for 7 nights.

Thanks to Phoenix for her villa recommendations!

Would like any tips on restaurants, things to do. We are staying in seminyak.

Thanks you!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
We stayed in Seminyak for 6 nights (nusa dua for 4) and loved it! I want to go back so bad... I could live there... I don't remember any of the names of places unfortunately - just stumbled on a lot of great stuff.

Just one warning - beware of the ridiculously expensive meals in Jimbaran (sp?). The drivers get massive kickbacks there and you can actually google it - tons of stuff. Can't beat the view... I'd get full on something else first then go, get a table and nurse an appetizer lol The tables are ON the beach, as in the legs are in the sand...

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to be lazy and ditto all of the restaurant suggestions that Phoenix gave you in the other thread. :bigsmile: She knows what she is talking about!

I also loved Chandi on Jalan Oberei, (jalan is the indo word for road/ street, Oberei is the name of) I think it was an organic restaurant and we had a beautiful meal there just before we left. We both had waygu beef that came out sizzling on a stone. Ku de ta was good too. We had to book a few days in advance to get in. Same with Metis, not sure about Sarong as we ran out of time and didn't make it. There is also a Moroccan restaurant on Oberei if you feel like something a bit different. And the champagne bar, if you like champagne. :))

I'm not really into the clubs so I can't help too much, double six is supposed to be good, when you get into Kuta you will be overrun with Ausssies, especially at the Bounty. Clubs and bars up the Seminyak end are probably more to your liking.

I've just booked 11 nights in March so I'm busy researching again. I've also got a few friends over there now / going soon so if I get any tips for good places I'll pass them on.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1317307366|3028697 said:
I'm going to be lazy and ditto all of the restaurant suggestions that Phoenix gave you in the other thread. :bigsmile: She knows what she is talking about!

I also loved Chandi on Jalan Oberei, (jalan is the indo word for road/ street, Oberei is the name of) I think it was an organic restaurant and we had a beautiful meal there just before we left. We both had waygu beef that came out sizzling on a stone. Ku de ta was good too. We had to book a few days in advance to get in. Same with Metis, not sure about Sarong as we ran out of time and didn't make it. There is also a Moroccan restaurant on Oberei if you feel like something a bit different. And the champagne bar, if you like champagne. :))

I'm not really into the clubs so I can't help too much, double six is supposed to be good, when you get into Kuta you will be overrun with Ausssies, especially at the Bounty. Clubs and bars up the Seminyak end are probably more to your liking.

I've just booked 11 nights in March so I'm busy researching again. I've also got a few friends over there now / going soon so if I get any tips for good places I'll pass them on.

Thanks so much HOT!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results