shape
carat
color
clarity

Back to School....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Well ladies (and gentlemen)-

I am oficially re-enetering the world of academia...Yep, I am going back to school. I just got my acceptance in to the graduate program at my local university today! (Yay, but I am scared as I have taken about 2 years off since I got my bachelor''s)

The problem is, I entered non-traditionally, aka undecided in the College of Ed.

I eventually want to become an English professor, specifically in Literature. However, I am not sure exactly what Master''s Degree program to prep for....

Basically I have to take 9 credit hours and apply to a specific grad program....

I would prefer to know what to take so that I don''t waste money and time on classes.

Any English profs out there? Anyone know an English Prof? If so, do you know what they mastered in?

Input would be much appreciated....thanks....
34.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I am not an english prof, but congrats on getting back to school!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Hi PrincessDijon: I am not an English prof, but I am working to be a sociology prof and have lots of friends in different disciplines. Almost everyone I know gets into an inclusive program (one where you earn your MA en route to your PhD). That is what I would suggest. Having a MA first doesn't really net you much from what I gather. Since all programs have different requirements, you often have to complete all the requirements of your PhD program (often resulting in two MAs, if you come in with one).

One thing you might want to pursue is a teaching certificate, if your university offers one. Where I go, you can get a 'teaching specialization' by taking courses in the education department on top of your program of study. If you want to eventually teach in a liberal arts or teaching focused institution, these can be very attractive.

Or, you can use these 9 hours to take courses in different disciplines to test departments out to find the course that is best for you.

CONGRATS ON GOING BACK TO SCHOOL!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results