shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from Vegas AND...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I got an email from WF saying the shipping was delayed until TOMORROW.

BAAAH!

lol, at least we get to open the box together :razz:

I replied to their email asking if I would get a picture before it shipped out. Hopefully I''ll get a reply!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Drat!

But, how was your trip?!

And post that pic as soon as you get it.
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s nice you''ll be able to open it together tomorrow. One more sleep!!
24.gif
How was your trip??

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you enjoy the Land of Enchantment? ABQ??
Did you go to the Grand Canyon?? Any pics?
9.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
In the grand scheme of things...and the enormous waiting period BEFORE you went to WF...what is 24 hours? Nothing.

If it makes you feel anybetter we are as anxious for you as you are! We can all wait....tap tap tap....well I think we can...can't we? Ahhhhh.....pics would do so many so much good.

Are the pics in yet?????? 24 24 24...heh it is not actually 24 anymore...right? You will probably get them in the am...which is no longer 24...less than 18? Oooooohhhh weeeee!!

DKS

Edited: Wait...just reread your post...they said shipping was delayed until tomorrow...does that mean it won't go out until tomorrow?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 6:00:10 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
In the grand scheme of things...and the enormous waiting period BEFORE you went to WF...what is 24 hours? Nothing.

If it makes you feel anybetter we are as anxious for you as you are! We can all wait....tap tap tap....well I think we can...can''t we? Ahhhhh.....pics would do so many so much good.

Are the pics in yet?????? 24 24 24...heh it is not actually 24 anymore...right? You will probably get them in the am...which is no longer 24...less than 18? Oooooohhhh weeeee!!

DKS

Edited: Wait...just reread your post...they said shipping was delayed until tomorrow...does that mean it won''t go out until tomorrow?
Yes, I was just going to, sadly, point that out.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
My trip was great! I broke even as far as gambling.. but I spend way more on gifts than I really wanted. I DID see the Grand Canyon, and do the Sky Walk, and the petrified forests in Arizona, AND this really cool volcano and ice cave! My gal pal took all the photos with her uber-camera so I''m going to have to wait patiently until she puts them on CD for me.

As far as WF... Vera said they''ll have the pictures either later today (although I think they''re closed by now) or tomorrow morning. One time they sent me a rather late email with my CAD photos, so they MIGHT still send them tonight... You know I''ve been checking my email like 30 times a minute, lol.

I''m not gonna get any sleep tonight waiting for those photos!!!!

PLUS we have to wait until Friday to pick it up.. and then I go back out of town (without my precious) on Sunday night so I''m going to have to take SO MANY pictures to keep me satisfied and show my family the beautiful ring my FF is planning to propose with.

I''m never going to get off this computer!! Ahhh!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
woohoo...can''t wait for pics...how awesome was the grand canyon? i love VEGAS!!!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW you really are having to wait. I know it''s hard now that you don''t have your trip to distract you.

So tell use in more detail about your trip! What was the best site/excursion you saw/did?

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 8:47:11 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
WOW you really are having to wait. I know it''s hard now that you don''t have your trip to distract you.

So tell use in more detail about your trip! What was the best site/excursion you saw/did?

The trip was awesome. We spent 5 nights in Las Vegas, then drove back through Arizona to see the new Sky Walk over the Grand Canyon. I think that was probably my favorite place because after you get on the bridge, they take you to two other sites. The first site is Guano Point, which is RIGHT on th edge of the cliff. There are no guard rails, and amazingly enough, people have respected the land much much more than at the grand canyon south site. I literally walked along the edge of the cliff, climbed up this little mountain and stood on the tallest point in the park. It was absolutely breathtaking and surreal. You could hear the native american drums from the dances they were doing inside the small ampitheatre. Absolutely gorgeous. We got a picture of myself up on the very tip, so when my friend gets me my photos, I''ll be posting all I can.

The second coolest destination was the Ice Cave and Bandera Volcano. It was raining as we begun the half mile hike up to the volcano, but it was soo beautiful and peaceful up there. There were hardly any tourists there so we could enjoy the sound of the wind and rain rustling through the trees. The ice cave was unbelivable. Apparently lava is a very good insulator, enough to keep the settling cold air at 32 degrees. There was a large pool of frozen water at the bottom, with some algae growing. In the winter there are icicles that dangle from the ceiling, but this time of the year it was just frost on the top of the cave, and the pool of frozen water. It was amazing.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 11:11:59 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
ANY PICS YET?????

DKS

I was wondering the same thing...can''t wait to see pics of this gorgeous ring..

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 11:08:09 AM
Author: curiopotter
The trip was awesome. We spent 5 nights in Las Vegas, then drove back through Arizona to see the new Sky Walk over the Grand Canyon. I think that was probably my favorite place because after you get on the bridge, they take you to two other sites. The first site is Guano Point, which is RIGHT on th edge of the cliff. There are no guard rails, and amazingly enough, people have respected the land much much more than at the grand canyon south site. I literally walked along the edge of the cliff, climbed up this little mountain and stood on the tallest point in the park. It was absolutely breathtaking and surreal. You could hear the native american drums from the dances they were doing inside the small ampitheatre. Absolutely gorgeous. We got a picture of myself up on the very tip, so when my friend gets me my photos, I'll be posting all I can.

The second coolest destination was the Ice Cave and Bandera Volcano. It was raining as we begun the half mile hike up to the volcano, but it was soo beautiful and peaceful up there. There were hardly any tourists there so we could enjoy the sound of the wind and rain rustling through the trees. The ice cave was unbelivable. Apparently lava is a very good insulator, enough to keep the settling cold air at 32 degrees. There was a large pool of frozen water at the bottom, with some algae growing. In the winter there are icicles that dangle from the ceiling, but this time of the year it was just frost on the top of the cave, and the pool of frozen water. It was amazing.
Oh my gosh, I am going there the end of this month so reading about this has me super excited! I didn't know there is a new sky walk? I love the Grand Canyon; it is so amazing!!! Also, I've never done the Ice Cave; I will look into that; it sounds super cool! Glad you had an awesome trip.
36.gif
36.gif
I can't wait for pics of your ring; call them up.
2.gif
3.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy,

Seriously look into getting the Sky package! http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/skywalk.html
Here''s a link to the tours: http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/tours.html

Here''s pictures of the sky bridge: http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/indexe.html

Click on the video to the right for the Grand Canyon Sky Walk. It''s a glass bridge that''s built over the canyon, more than 3 times as tall as the empire state building. It''s completely see-thru. It was reaaaaly crazy to walk on!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 11:46:58 AM
Author: curiopotter
Skippy,

Seriously look into getting the Sky package! http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/skywalk.html
Here''s a link to the tours: http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/tours.html

Here''s pictures of the sky bridge: http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/indexe.html

Click on the video to the right for the Grand Canyon Sky Walk. It''s a glass bridge that''s built over the canyon, more than 3 times as tall as the empire state building. It''s completely see-thru. It was reaaaaly crazy to walk on!

So the sky walk is not run by the park? I think it would be super cool for hubby to do; I am afraid of heights and know for sure I couldn''t do it after seeing the video!!! Dang these fears; I can do a lot but I know I couldn''t do that for sure!!! It looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results