shape
carat
color
clarity

ATTN LORELEI

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m technically still on hiatus but I wanted to tell you that I had searched back through the perfume threads b/c I''m looking for new scents and I ordered a 2ml sample of Tabac Blond b/c of you
5.gif

I''ve tried D&G light blue which I''m in love with and might get for a summery smell (I loved the fade from strong lime to white rose with a bit of bambooy and then to florals with faint cedarwood. I could actually pick them all up and it''s very light) and also fell in love with Thiery Mugler''s Alien.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know. I''ll find some way to tell you how the Tabac Blond goes.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 7:44:09 AM
Author:dragonfly411
I'm technically still on hiatus but I wanted to tell you that I had searched back through the perfume threads b/c I'm looking for new scents and I ordered a 2ml sample of Tabac Blond b/c of you
5.gif

I've tried D&G light blue which I'm in love with and might get for a summery smell (I loved the fade from strong lime to white rose with a bit of bambooy and then to florals with faint cedarwood. I could actually pick them all up and it's very light) and also fell in love with Thiery Mugler's Alien.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know. I'll find some way to tell you how the Tabac Blond goes.
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking of you sweetheart, so glad to hear you ordered the TB, did you get the parfum extrait? That is the best form of it and it is wonderful. The perfume was created in 1919 and was made to imitate the smell of the opium laced cigarettes the soldiers were bringing back from the front during WW1. It sounds terrible but it really works, let me know what you think!

TB has a very loyal following, PSers who also adore it are Julianna and Delster, so welcome to the TB club!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for thinking of me
1.gif

and yes I did, I found someone who was doing samples who had some and grabbed it up. I''m really excited about it. I''m also trying Acqua Di Parma Colonia both in 2ml. I''m making a list of things I want to smell. I had an original goal of just a summer smell *which will be the light blue* but after I smelled alien and fell in lurvvveeeeee I want to play around with perfume some. I tried one (cant remember the line) called fleur de coral that I''m still deciding about, it''s very strong powdery beginning (which I can''t decide if I like) but the end of it is a beautiful floral smell.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give the TB time to enjoy it to the fullest. The first sniff is rather like strong smoky tobacco, then it dries down to a smell reminiscent to vintage leather gloves laid away with a cigarette holder ( my fave description), then it settles into a sweet spicy musk, its wonderful stuff and if you got a sample of the vintage parfum then that is a treasure!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
will do. I love the smell of both so am thinking I''ll enjoy it! I''m learning to let them sit and then smell them. If you know of something that really captures the smell of gardenias, pls let me know, as they''re in bloom here and I''ve decided I want to smell that amazing (as I sniff the one in the vase next to me)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread smells.....

9.gif
25.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go, I haven''t tried this one but apparently it is a beautiful gardenia perfume.

http://shop.lessenteurs.com/category/1621/Isabey

Les Senteurs are an excellent company to deal with and they can ship internationally I think if you can''t find it in the USA.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was a joke, I''m sorry.
39.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 9:23:21 AM
Author: Ellen
It was a joke, I''m sorry.
39.gif
LOL!!!! I must have missed that when I did my last post!

Yiss but it smells deelightful though.....
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh goody, yer not mad.
9.gif

Yiss, it does fmell really good!

*sinffs*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 9:34:07 AM
Oh goody, yer not mad.
9.gif

*sinffs*
I not mad you twitteth!
9.gif

Does fmell good doesn''t it???
12.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 9:38:13 AM
Author: Lorelei

Oh goody, yer not mad.
9.gif

*sinffs*
I not mad you twitteth!
9.gif

Does fmell good doesn't it???
12.gif
lol.gif
It do!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 9:40:42 AM

Date: 5/19/2009 9:38:13 AM

Oh goody, yer not mad.
9.gif

*sinffs*
I not mad you twitteth!
9.gif

Does fmell good doesn''t it???
12.gif
lol.gif
It do!
face20.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei!! I have a link for you later. I found a group of women that does samples for ALLL KINDS of perfumes, and they''re US based (lots of vintage and rare finds too). They actually have a gardenia sampler (with many different houses of perfume) I might look into, but I''ll look for this one as well and see if I can find it :)

Ellen - fmells fantastic to meeeeee

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It was shipped yesterday, should be here tomorrow or the day after!!!

I visited Sephora last night and grabbed samples of Mugley''s Alien (which I''m in loooove with), Versace, and Bvlgari Jasmin Noir, and also picked up a sample of Armani Diamonds Intense at Macys

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 9:59:52 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Thanks Lorelei!! I have a link for you later. I found a group of women that does samples for ALLL KINDS of perfumes, and they''re US based (lots of vintage and rare finds too). They actually have a gardenia sampler (with many different houses of perfume) I might look into, but I''ll look for this one as well and see if I can find it :)

Ellen - fmells fantastic to meeeeee
Would this be The Perfumed Court? They are wonderful and have all kinds of goodies!

Has the TB arrived???

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Tes it is them!!! I''m trying to browse through the diff categries and grab names of what I''d like to try over time. It''s endlessssss

Not yet, still waiting, should be today or tomorrow.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2009 7:33:57 AM
Tes it is them!!! I''m trying to browse through the diff categries and grab names of what I''d like to try over time. It''s endlessssss

Not yet, still waiting, should be today or tomorrow.
Any joy?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
no not yet
7.gif
the shipping says 2 to 3 days, I was hoping 2. I''m wearing a sample of Versace today and I''m in lurv. I think I''m going to end up being like you, b/c I loved Thierry Mugler''s Alien (LOVE IT DO YOU HEAR?) and SO really likes the Bvlgari Jasmin noir on me (strong at the beginning though), and I Loooove this Versace (it''s the original I''m assuming, it just said Versace on the box and bottle at Sephora. Then of course the Light Blue which will be great for my breezy beachy feeling days.... and I still have Armani Diamonds Intense to try. SO MANY how do you do it? Do you sample lots of them all the time? I feel like there are endless ones to try

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 11:10:02 AM
no not yet
7.gif
the shipping says 2 to 3 days, I was hoping 2. I'm wearing a sample of Versace today and I'm in lurv. I think I'm going to end up being like you, b/c I loved Thierry Mugler's Alien (LOVE IT DO YOU HEAR?) and SO really likes the Bvlgari Jasmin noir on me (strong at the beginning though), and I Loooove this Versace (it's the original I'm assuming, it just said Versace on the box and bottle at Sephora. Then of course the Light Blue which will be great for my breezy beachy feeling days.... and I still have Armani Diamonds Intense to try. SO MANY how do you do it? Do you sample lots of them all the time? I feel like there are endless ones to try
Oh gosh.....How do I do it.....Well I have about 70 bottles thereabouts, I don't wear them all but the ones I do I sometimes wear 2 a day, or I get into the mood for one for a few days. I know which types I like so I tend to be selective, I love powdery perfumes, tobacco and leather scents and some classic chypres.

With me it is a SICKNESS DF!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I tend to like florals but not overly sweet smells. I''m not as big a fan of aldehydes and I really only wear powders if they are subtle. I think I''ll enjoy leathery ones b/c well... I sniff my saddles
20.gif
. I''ve enjoyed some of the more....mysterious? smells lately, and also anything that reminds me of coastal winds and west palm *light blue by DG*

Right now I own three bottles, Tommy girl, Chanel Chance and cowboy chic, but I''m thinking this might be expanding.... and expanding... and expanding....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 11:37:10 AM
I tend to like florals but not overly sweet smells. I''m not as big a fan of aldehydes and I really only wear powders if they are subtle. I think I''ll enjoy leathery ones b/c well... I sniff my saddles
20.gif
. I''ve enjoyed some of the more....mysterious? smells lately, and also anything that reminds me of coastal winds and west palm *light blue by DG*

Right now I own three bottles, Tommy girl, Chanel Chance and cowboy chic, but I''m thinking this might be expanding.... and expanding... and expanding....
I promise you that you are well on your way to having lots of bottles, it is a fun journey! I just thought of another one you could try, Kelly Caleche by Hermes. Some get a delicate leather from it, personally it smells peppery and clean to me but it might be worth trying for you.

I am a saddle sniffer too!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m adding it to my more immediate list along with the Isabey. YAY! Thanks!

Have you smelled the Lolita lampicka original? If so what do you think of it?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
This could get really bad - I now have 1ml each of the Isabey Gardenia and the Kelly Caleche Hermes on the way via the Perfume Court.

Thanks enabler!! Lol

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 12:17:36 PM

That one I haven''t tried, if I remember rightly I think I recall a wearer saying it smells chocolatey?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 12:45:33 PM
This could get really bad - I now have 1ml each of the Isabey Gardenia and the Kelly Caleche Hermes on the way via the Perfume Court.

Thanks enabler!! Lol
Hehehe!!! Thats my girl!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 4:02:00 PM

That one I haven''t tried, if I remember rightly I think I recall a wearer saying it smells chocolatey?

My sniffer was out when I tried to smell it in bottle, so I didn''t get a good sense of it. I tried their Fleur de Coral and it was rather heavy, and I only really liked it at the end when it went to a more flowery powder vs just heavy warm powder (I''m talking my neck was hot). But after reading the description I think I''d like the original better.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 4:11:11 PM

Date: 5/22/2009 4:02:00 PM

My sniffer was out when I tried to smell it in bottle, so I didn''t get a good sense of it. I tried their Fleur de Coral and it was rather heavy, and I only really liked it at the end when it went to a more flowery powder vs just heavy warm powder (I''m talking my neck was hot). But after reading the description I think I''d like the original better.
I just had a quick read up on Lolita Lempicker, violet vanilla seems to be the concensus on that one. What do you think of the original Angel? I don''t wear it often but I do like it!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
By Thierry Mugler? I liked it, but I have to admit, Alien hit me a LOT more, I''m a bit obsessed and rather grateful for the extra large sample the Sephora clerk gave me on that one. Angel is a bit softer, where Alien has a very mysterious and sexy edge to me.

I need to go back (but on a day with diff staff) and get samples of Angel, and Lolita and then I wanted to get a sample of Vera Wang Rock Princess... it''s a bit different.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 4:48:45 PM
By Thierry Mugler? I liked it, but I have to admit, Alien hit me a LOT more, I''m a bit obsessed and rather grateful for the extra large sample the Sephora clerk gave me on that one. Angel is a bit softer, where Alien has a very mysterious and sexy edge to me.

I need to go back (but on a day with diff staff) and get samples of Angel, and Lolita and then I wanted to get a sample of Vera Wang Rock Princess... it''s a bit different.
I had a whiff of Rock Princess the other night, I quite liked it....
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results