shape
carat
color
clarity

As if this is shocking, Kim Kardashian files for divorce

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
AFTER 72 DAYS of marriage. I guess Lorraine Schwartz will get her ridiculous bling back.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
You think she'll get it back? I'd sell that sucker at auction if I was Kim - assuming theres nothing in the pre-nup that mandates she give it back. If Im not mistaken on my legal knowledge, she gets to keep it since she married him, right?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Technically yes, but since I think they were given a hell of a deal on it, I have a pretty good feeling it will go back to LS. I wouldh ope so. If she auctions that it better go to charity.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
and i thought it would last forever...or 5 years...that's forever in celebrity marriage years! ;-)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I don't think anybody could really be surprised, but I honestly thought they'd try to force it to work for a little while longer after having such an elaborate wedding.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I watched the wedding special on E! They were clearly not right for each other, at least to us. How sad.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agreed. His zinger towards the end of part one about how she can just slot any guy in was a big giveaway. And her comments about never moving to Minnesota were another.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep all the jewelry if I were Kim. The TV station probably paid for it.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1320082913|3051099 said:
I don't think anybody could really be surprised, but I honestly thought they'd try to force it to work for a little while longer after having such an elaborate wedding.
Me, too. I'm not surprised about a quick divorce, but I am surprised about it lasting less than 2.5 months? 6 months to a year, I would have thought!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HUGE SURPRISE :lol: not! eta: I don't mean to laugh but it seems like so many of them are now marrying and then divorcing before one can blink their eyes.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
72 days?
I can't even choose a sofa to buy in that amount of time.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh for the love of god.

Why do we give these idiots celebrity status? The mind boggles.

I'll take the bling, thanks.

My marriage has lasted longer than hers now. Awesome. :sun:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1320084689|3051122 said:
Agreed. His zinger towards the end of part one about how she can just slot any guy in was a big giveaway. And her comments about never moving to Minnesota were another.

Yep. She hated his cute dogs and his Minnesotan roots. He hated her celebrity lifestyle and her pushy family.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really don't give a whit about the Kardashians or their bling. I do care about their crass, commercial, dismissive attitude towards the institution of marriage. Hopefully this fiasco will be soon forgotten.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I thought it would've lasted a leeeeettle longer than that. I was just watching 'The Wedding Special' yesterday! :roll: Sheesh.

But seriously, why do celebrities rush into marriage like this? It was practically doomed from the start - being that they were only dating about 6 months when they got engaged, and from then on it was wedding frenzy. I think that they started to realize they had different values during the wedding planning (when Kris balked at the paparazzi, and was upset about Kim not wanting to change her name/move to Minnesota)...he's obviously a traditional guy and Kim is obviously not ready to give up her socialite celebrity lifestyle, which is understandable - that's how she makes her money. But If they had spent a bit more time to get to know each other and discuss their expectations, life goals, values - they wouldn't have to be getting divorced now.

I think she panicked at the thought of being 30 and single and rushed into this. I think Kris is still young and immature too. Just a disaster fromt he start all around.

10 million dollars spent for nothing!!! What a waste. I hope the guests didn't spend too much money on their gifts. :roll:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Honestly she's such a perfectionist I'm really surprised they are divorcing this quickly! It must be so embarrassing for her and her family! You would think they would have stuck it out for awhile and tried to work on it, has it been less than a year from when they started dating till they divorced? That's impressive!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sha|1320091905|3051199 said:
I thought it would've lasted a leeeeettle longer than that. I was just watching 'The Wedding Special' yesterday! :roll: Sheesh.

But seriously, why do celebrities rush into marriage like this? It was practically doomed from the start - being that they were only dating about 6 months when they got engaged, and from then on it was wedding frenzy. I think that they started to realize they had different values during the wedding planning (when Kris balked at the paparazzi, and was upset about Kim not wanting to change her name/move to Minnesota)...he's obviously a traditional guy and Kim is obviously not ready to give up her socialite celebrity lifestyle, which is understandable - that's how she makes her money. But If they had spent a bit more time to get to know each other and discuss their expectations, life goals, values - they wouldn't have to be getting divorced now.

I think she panicked at the thought of being 30 and single and rushed into this. I think Kris is still young and immature too. Just a disaster fromt he start all around.

10 million dollars spent for nothing!!! What a waste. I hope the guests didn't spend too much money on their gifts. :roll:

I know. I read that they didn't spend a dime though, everything was comped for the publicity.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto what Sha and AsscherHaloLover said.

I know I am going to get flamed for saying this, but thats what you get when you marry that quickly (I know someone people get married that fast and are fine, it doesnt apply to everyone), but they got engaged after only 6 months, didnt live together, and lived in different states so they only saw each other during small windows of time. How could one possibly know they are compatible enough to be with each other for the rest of their lives with only seeing each other on occasional trips? And even if, "you know when you know", and you get engaged fast....why the big rush down the aisle? If they had had a year or more engagement, they would have seen all of their differences and problems, and either worked through them or pulled the plug on the wedding. But they planned the whole wedding in like 3 months I think. When you are in the thralls and craziness of planning the wedding, its hard to step back and reevaluate things. All the "you're a spoiled brat", having second thoughts about even proposing, or "wait, you were married before???" or "you've never seen me cry before", or "you could slot anyone else in this wedding", etc. should have been red flags to each other that 1) they dont know each other well, and two 2) maybe this isnt right. Also the fact he freaked out before the ceremony should have been a dead ringer.

But even the cynic in me thought maybe a year, but that was for the exact reasons AssherHalo said.....just to save face. After her sisters questioning his intentions, or people saying it was too fast or all for publicity, I would have thought they would have stuck it out (even if they were miserable), for as long as possible, just to prove everyone wrong.

I still maintain though, and this may be VERY cynical of me, that the entire thing was for publicity. From waiting to announce the engagement so that it coincided with the season premier of the show, to Kris Jenner being involved in the ring process, to them saying Kim paid for the ring (or it was donated), to the engagement party and the shower being in magazines, to them completely whoring all of the vendors they use (the registry, dropping names for her dress, the chef, the wedding planner...hell she couldnt even help dropping the name for the designer of her bridesmaids gift). Everything thing was calculated, and strategic. It was like one big money making machine for all involved....both the Kardashian family and everyone single vendor who got their name mentioned, and especially good old E! Network. They milked this for all its worth....even Khole (who, coincidentally, I am surprised lasted as long after knowing each other for 2 weeks), didnt get like a multiple episode special I dont think.

ETA: Whew that was long!!! Haha :cheeky: Sorry to vent, I just hate how celebrities completely tarnish the institution of marriage and dont take anything seriously. While I dont agree with living a long miserable life with someone just because you arent "supposed to" get divorced, I hardly call 2.5 months "trying". You vow in good times and in bad....sometimes the bad comes before the good.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I will have to say I think the whole thing was an elaborate money-making sham. Or maybe scam would be a better word.

lucky dragon

Rough_Rock
i thought it would last at least long enought for her to have a bady....so she could have a new acessory to carry around

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I think fast marriages can work (my parents were engaged within 2 weeks of first setting eyes on each other, married within 6 months, have just celebrated their Ruby Wedding and are still crazy about each other) but I think it is a big, big mistake and almost certainly doomed to failure when you mix it with a non-conventional lifestyle.

Does 72 days actually count as a marriage? Couldn't they just get an annulment. How very embarrassing for everyone - let's hope they learn some lessons and thank goodness there were no kids involved.

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
I agree that fast marriages sometimes work - it depends on the people, the sentiments, and the situation in which they are living.

But as far as Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are concerned, that marriage was doomed before it even started. Anyone with a rational mind would have known that. They NEVER agree on ANYTHING. So why try? Makes no sense. I agree with Diamondseeker, this is all just a huge, ridiculous sham!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora|1320101617|3051292 said:
I think fast marriages can work (my parents were engaged within 2 weeks of first setting eyes on each other, married within 6 months, have just celebrated their Ruby Wedding and are still crazy about each other) but I think it is a big, big mistake and almost certainly doomed to failure when you mix it with a non-conventional lifestyle.

Does 72 days actually count as a marriage? Couldn't they just get an annulment. How very embarrassing for everyone - let's hope they learn some lessons and thank goodness there were no kids involved.
There are rules about annulment and I think they don't qualify.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1320100281|3051279 said:
Yeah, I will have to say I think the whole thing was an elaborate money-making sham. Or maybe scam would be a better word.

HI:

Not that I have given this much thought--but if I did, it would be this. Staged. Endorsements. Bet a "video" ;)) will soon surface.

cheers--Sharon

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
This was ALL about money and publicity for the Kardashian family. Sickens me, really. :knockout:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lulu|1320103769|3051313 said:
Will there be a divorce special?

Kim's Very Special Kardashian Divorce? lol

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I actually don't think this was a scam. IMO, Kim was desperate. She's 30 and single. 30 is NOT old, but she probably thought she was getting too old to be single in her warped Hollywood mind. She wants a marriage and children. Now Kris on the other hand, I don't know what his motives were. He seemed like a big jerk. Perhaps he was after more "fame" or publicity.

I don't think it is necessarily fair to say that either he or she is idiotic and put no effort into the marriage. For example, what if she walked in on him with another woman, only to find out he had been cheating on her during their entire relationship? I don't think she should have to "work on the marriage" once something like that happens. Or if physically abused her. Or if she cheated/abused him. Now the one person who cheated or abused should be called stupid, among other things. If they gave up, with no extreme circumstances, that is lame. Who gives up after 70 days, without infidelity or abuse?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I believe they got married to boost both of their careers. Whether they are married or divorced, they are both getting the publicity. Before the marriage who knew who Kris Humphries was unless you were really into football. This fiasco will get Kim signed up for more reality TV and Kris will get a football contract.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results