shape
carat
color
clarity

Arrivederci, my fellow PSers - I leave for Italy at 4:00 am!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I wanted to thank you lovely ladies for all of your help planning my trip to Italy.

Hubby and I have a flight out at 6:30 am tomorrow morning, and we arrive next day in Frankfurt, with a flight out to Rome the next day.

We'll be in Rome for 2 nights (spending Palm Sunday less than 100 metres from St. Peters).

Then we head off to Positano (and Le Sirenuse) for 3 nights. I watched Samantha Brown's Passport to Europe on the Amalfi Coast, and she stayed at Sirenuse.

I found this amazing Castello di Gargonza that we're staying in for 3 nights. It's near Arezzo and only 26 km from the Prada Outlets (yay!) We'll use that for our home base for most of Tuscany.

And then we are off to a small area near Florence called Montesportoli, and we're staying in Montegufoni Castle for 4 nights. Then back to Rome for our flight out the next day!

I'll be sure to take loads of pics, and I'll definitely post them when we return! Thank you ladies again for all of your help!
30.gif

I hope everyone has a lovely couple of weeks, and I'll be back at the end of March!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren you guys have fun...!! We are planning Italy in fall and I am scoping out flights, trying to get first class with our miles, keep fingers crossed!!

EAT LOTS OF GELATO!

Seriously when we go, I am having it DAILY. There are so many wonderful gelato places out there, I will have to try EACH ONE.

Ciao bella!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 4:48:34 PM
Author: Mara
Lauren you guys have fun...!! We are planning Italy in fall and I am scoping out flights, trying to get first class with our miles, keep fingers crossed!!

EAT LOTS OF GELATO!

Seriously when we go, I am having it DAILY. There are so many wonderful gelato places out there, I will have to try EACH ONE.

Ciao bella!
I agree w/Mara eat some gelato daily; it is amazing how high the gelato is packed!
3.gif
We did when we were there and there is nothing like it here. hehee Enjoy all the fresh chesse pizza's and wine!!!

Have a wonderful time Lauren; it is such a special place to me since that is where we honeymooned!!! Also, don't forget to get their special lemon liqueur while you are there!!! Can't wait to see your pics!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hope you and Wes have loads of fun, Lauren!!! Come back with lots of pics!!!
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

EAT LOTS OF GELATO!

Ciao bella!
I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you, love!

Where are you guys planning on going? Tuscany? Amalfi?

Record the Passport to Europe shows that focus on Italy before you go. I''ve learned a LOT watching the Travel Channel this week.
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 4:58:00 PM
Author: Skippy123

EAT LOTS OF GELATO!

Ciao bella!
I agree w/Mara eat some gelato daily; it is amazing how high the gelato is packed!
3.gif
We did when we were there and there is nothing like it here. hehee Enjoy all the fresh chesse pizza's and wine!!!

Have a wonderful time Lauren; it is such a special place to me since that is where we honeymooned!!! Also, don't forget to get their special lemon liqueur while you are there!!! Can't wait to see your pics!

Limoncello . . . already on it! I wonder if I can have a bunch of it shipped back to the US . . .
2.gif

My Dad's 60th birthday is in April, so I'm hoping I find something special for him over there (beyond a case of real Sorrento limoncello). ;-)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 4:58:50 PM
Author: Dani
Hope you and Wes have loads of fun, Lauren!!! Come back with lots of pics!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you, Dani!

I bought 2 4G memory cards - which is probably overkill with my little 5M P&S Canon. Hopefully, I have the pics covered. And I hope the weather is nice . . . it looks like low 60s the whole time, which should be nice enough for a Texas girl.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren, we are looking at flying into London to visit some friends for 2 days. Then flying into Rome most likely, driving to Florence area immediately. Staying in Florence area for a period of time and using it as a central point. Day tripping to Bologna. Staying 1 night in Venice. Then back through to Rome for the last leg and do a few days in Rome. My coworker spent a month in Rome so she is a fount of knowledge and my other coworker has gone multiple times and thinks we'd love the Florence area much better than Rome and she has a good bead on what we like so I trust her thoughts. So that's our mental plan! Can't wait to hear about your trip and what you guys ended up loving etc. Have a blast!

OH and my coworker who lived there a month had gelato twice daily, walked everywhere and STILL gained 10 lbs. I was like oh that's SO going to be me in 14 days. HA!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren,
I hope you and your DH have a wonderful trip. I can''t wait to hear all about it!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bon Voyage
35.gif
35.gif
Have a wonderful and safe trip!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Lauren- my hubby and I just got back (yesterday!) from 6 days in Rome... and we love love loved it!! We DID eat gelato daily, but we lost weight! However, we walked and walked, 10 miles at minimum daily (I brought the pedometer
3.gif
) on the uneven stones and often up steep hills. It was truly incredible, life-changing even. I am so jealous that you are just heading there. I cannot wait to go back. And I think you'll be fine w/ 8 GB of memory. That is a ton of space! We took over 700 pictures and it was less than 2 gigs.

Ciao
9.gif
and Enjoy!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Just had to add- this was lunch on our first day
9.gif
at Giolitti.

IMG_1810.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have an amazing trip!!! I second the gelato-it''s amazing!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
lauren, have a WONDERFUL time!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Buon viaggio, Lauren!​

Deborah
34.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Buon Divertimento!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! Have fun Lauren!! DH and I are planning a big trip this July to Rome and Croatia with my family. Be sure to post lots of pics when you get back!!!
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results