shape
carat
color
clarity

ARKYD space Kickstarter

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I thought I'd post in case there are any space/science enthusiasts who haven't seen this Kickstarter program yet, as it wraps up in an hour.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1458134548/arkyd-a-space-telescope-for-everyone-0?ref=banner

It's a project set up to fund the launch and integration of a new space telescope, built by the company that intends to mine asteroids. This is probably their way of gaining venture capital and spreading out their own risk, but I don't care - it's still cool. For various pledge amounts you can have your photo taken in space, time with the telescope donated to schools and research teams, tickets to the launch party, or (if you're a big spender!) have an asteroid named after you!

Sir Richard Branson and Bill Nye are the front men of the campaign, and if my childhood education taught me anything, it's that Bill Nye is a man to trust. :wink2:

So if you're interested, even to see their awesome videos, check out the Kickstarter page. If not, you'll kindly ignore my future excited post when I receive my space selfie, lol. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results