shape
carat
color
clarity

ARGGggggg... Princess Z is in Eastern Ukraine... Russia...

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now this....

I have not posted about this because I have spent the last 5+ weeks providing massive support to my wife - in Eastern Ukraine - and have not had time to invest in a thread (and have only worked about 1/2 time due to the hours and stress in helping Princess Zhanna). Actually, the support has been for 6+ weeks as the situation started a week earlier; but, she has only been in Ukraine for 5+ weeks now.

Now that she is finishing up and we had her return scheduled (Sunday); Russia invades and we are now trying to get her out of there safely (waiting for Sunday may trap her - or worse -).

I know - I have faith - that it will work out. But I sure could use some emotional support.

For those wondering why she is in Eastern Ukraine and why so long: Fair question. Let me present it the best way I can.

My wife was provided a gift. It took me a little direction from me for her to be able to accept it. But, it is one of the most wonderful gifts that can be provided anyone - ever.

She was able to spend 4+ wonderful days with her mother. Doing nothing but talking about the positive things and the future. Princess has told me it was the best days she has ever spent with her mother - and they were close (she had lived with her mother for many years and even after marrying me they had talked virtually every day).

My role in this - other than getting her back to Ukraine in time; was to tell her that she could not discuss or even mention the various "messes" she found when she got back (which was substantial in multiple areas); and that if her mother asked about any of those issues, that her only answer was: "Don't worry mom - I'll take care of that (in a positive upbeat tone)." In addition that the only thing she could talk to her mother about was how much her mom had taught herself about life and how much she had influenced herself to be a success, and the fun times they had together. (It took multiple time of my telling her that before she agreed that all the messes and concerns were off limits): But, oh what days followed.... It was a gift... for both of them. In the end the only gift that really matters at that point.

There are no other relatives in Ukraine. So Princess had to arrange the funeral - at the moment of very deep grief; deal with all of those messes, gather the legal paperwork and file the estate case, clean the condo - which is full of many things that Princess has special memories of, and many other things. She has needed a lot of support to get through it all. All this with an active war between 50 and 75 miles away depending on the day; with a Ukrainian military field hospital set up at the local airport for most of the seriously wounded.

Tomorrow morning she has the last 2 legal items: sign a limited power of attorney type document for one of her friends to be able to make decisions to care for the properties until they are sold as Princess will be in the US (nothing can be sold for 6 months - assuming there is anything to sell in the future); and pick up a legal document from an agency documenting the death of her mother as it relates to a specific item of property - and that Princess is the executor with permissions to make arrangements or sell as appropriate. Then she will have completed everything.

While difficult for both of us - and emotionally draining for myself (I've been propping up Princess all this time - without ever telling her about issues here and without anyone to prop me up); it was all coming to a good end; and we had agreed that she could finally come home this Sunday (which would give her about 1.5 days to say goodbye to friends).

Now Russia Invades and there is real concern that Russia may over-run her location before Sunday. So now we are scrambling to get her out.

The Airline has told us that her ticket back to the US is only valid if she flies out of the local airport (the 1st leg); that if she misses the 1st leg that she cannot just pick up the next connection at Kiev - unless the local airport is closed by military actions or local authorities. Like how useful is that going to be as at that point we cannot get her out; no way can we get her to Kiev for her next connection in time; and likely no way to even get a train because many thousands will likely be fleeing at that point.

Also, that we cannot just move the ticket up even a single day without spending 2X for a change fee on what the entire short notice round trip ticket cost (price a short notice round trip ticket from central US to Eastern Europe) and I did not ask about moving it up 2 days as the agent said that would be A LOT more money).

Her brother is working on some other options that should be cheaper based on her taking trains west.

Current plans are to have her on a train to Kiev tomorrow - and figure it out from there. We hope that the train tracks are not destroyed (the "Rebels" have been destroying train tracks)

I know this will all work out; but, its like.... "and now this happens...." after all we have gone through in the last 6 weeks.

Yahweh is testing us.

Anyway I had to get this off of my chest. Support is requested. Not sure how much time I will have to respond - at least until I know she is safely far enough west (or in another country).

Have a great day,

Perry

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: ARGGggggg... Princess Z is in Eastern Ukraine... Russi

Gosh Perry that is terrible for both of you, you must be so incredibly stressed!!! Dust and positive wishes that she gets out asap, the faster she gets away from there the better.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dust and prayer for all you are going through! I can't imagine how stressful that must be for both of you. I hope you will be able to update us here, but you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

My hopes for a safe journey home, Perry. That sounds very stressful for both of you, on both sides of the world. I can't wait to have a happy update from you soon, that Princess is home safe and sound, and you both get the support from each other that you need.

DUST for both of you!

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock

Prayers and positive thoughts for you both! Looking forward to hearing about your joyful reunion.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Oh my goodness! How stressful! I hope that Z returns safely and that things in your life return to normal. I'll be praying for you! :pray:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't even imagine the stress you must be under right now Perry, not to mention Zarah, who's dealing with extraordinary stress on top of grief. Prayers outgoing for you and the Princess!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

sorry for the loss of Princess Z's mother.
and very sorry for the situation you both now find yourselves in.
pricescope dust by the tons to you both.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

thoughts and prayers outgoing

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts and wishing for her swift and safe return home.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock

Sending her and you love and courage and flawless logistics on her way out. May she leave swiftly and safely.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Perry,

I thought of you and Princess Z as soon as I heard the news. I hope she is able to get out quickly and safely. Sending you and her lots of hugs and dust.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Best wishes for a happy homecoming!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Positive dust for her homecoming. Be strong. It's only a few more days before you're united again.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really hope everything works out, Perry. So sorry you and your wife are dealing with such difficult issues. I look forward to hearing all about the positive outcome. :wavey:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

Sending lots of PS dust your way!!

Boatluvr

Shiny_Rock

Prayers and dust for a safe & swift return. Hugs to you too.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

Prayers and PS dust to you and all of your family, Perry.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Perry, I am so sorry you and the Princess are going through such a challenging and scary time. I am sending you bucket loads of good luck dust for Princess Zhanna's safe return. I am sorry about her mother and glad she got to spend quality time with her at the end.

I am keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers and I know your dw will return safely to you. Sending you both virtual hugs and support the whole way through. Hang in there Perry. Everything will work out. (((Hugs))).

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The love you have for Princess Z comes though in every one of your posts Perry. I'm so happy that you've found a loving woman to share your life with and I"m sorry for the struggles that you're facing right now. I'm praying for strength for both you and Princess Z to get though this scary time. I have faith that the Lord's hand is upon you both and that she will come home safely.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Update: At 5:45 PM Central time Princess Z is on a train heading west (to Kiev) that left about an hour ago. That puts her out of any likely trouble; and I have let out a deep sigh of relief (and am ready for a good nap).

I had wanted her on a train that left at 9:20 Central time this morning; but, the train station is packed with people heading west. Many people are getting out of the area. There have been 4 or 5 other trains heading west in those approximately 7.5 hours to this train.

We have two different flight options lined up from Kiev. At this point I am expecting her in Chicago Saturday evening (local time); with a fallback of Sunday.

Thanks for all the support from all the great people. It is what makes PS special.

Perry

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock

Excellent update! Hoping she encounters smooth sailing until she is safely home where she belongs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

perry|1409353198|3741730 said:
Update: At 5:45 PM Central time Princess Z is on a train heading west (to Kiev) that left about an hour ago. That puts her out of any likely trouble; and I have let out a deep sigh of relief (and am ready for a good nap).

I had wanted her on a train that left at 9:20 Central time this morning; but, the train station is packed with people heading west. Many people are getting out of the area. There have been 4 or 5 other trains heading west in those approximately 7.5 hours to this train.

We have two different flight options lined up from Kiev. At this point I am expecting her in Chicago Saturday evening (local time); with a fallback of Sunday.

Thanks for all the support from all the great people. It is what makes PS special.

Perry

I am so happy for you both Perry! It will be a very good homecoming I am sure. Enjoy and when you have a chance please update us and let us know Princess Zhanna is home safe and sound. :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

good news, perry!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Prayers for a safe homecoming and for the people of Ukraine!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Just saw this, Perry. What an anxious time for you both, and I'm sorry to hear about your wife's mother. Very glad that she seems to be safely on her way home to you now.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wonderful news!

I hope her train ride is safe and she gets on a flight home to you very quickly :))

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I'm glad to hear that she's safe and will be home in no time.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

What a relief for you and your princess, Perry!!! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results