shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you the anti-snob?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Okay...so we are ALL a little snobby about at least one thing...some us (me) are a snob about a lot of things...

In what ways are you a total unsnob or anti-snob?

I already admitted mine:

Tv - The crappier the better. And of course, even betterer
31.gif
if it is reality tv!

Clothes - I''m of the opinion that cute is cute. And if you can get it at TJ Maxx, all the better. Besides, as I said on the other thread...my shoe and bag snobbery makes any outfit look better.

Food - I''m definitely a foodie...but I love good diner food as much as I love sushi. If it is good, I couldn''t care less about the service, the atmosphere etc.

???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
anti-snob about shoes. if they are cute, i don't care how much they cost or where they are from. the more the merrier! i mean gosh i have pink pleather boots on..how much more antisnob is that??

anti-snob about what i read or watch..aka tv and mags the trashier and snarkier the better.
9.gif
greg says i lose brain cells by the minute with all the crap TV i watch. maybe that's why i can't understand posts.
41.gif

anti-snob about cars. mine is how many years old now? umm 14!!! it's getting up there. but i don't care, it runs, it's cute and baby blue and i think i will get a new one next year or this year or whenever i feel like it, but it won't cost a mint at all or be very fast.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I think I am an anti-snob more so than a snob - which prolly makes me a snob - because I think people who aren''t anti-snobs don''t have it right.
2.gif

Definitely anti snob about cars.

Yes, regarding clothes, cute is cute - doesn''t matter where it comes from or what label is in it.

Food - particular - but not a snob. Give me a plain cheeseburger (American cheese of course!) than a dry icky salmon burger - a waste of good salmon. So, does that make me a snob?

T.V, Movies, Books - yeah sometimes the crappier the better. I don''t care what I watch or read as long as it entertains me. But, am I a reverse snob because I think that people who read or watch something to have a purpose or to make them think are snobs?

Also, does it make me a snob because I won''t eat off of paper plates or drink wine from a plastic cup?

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
anti-snob about friends/acquaintances.... i don''t see myself as better than anyone. if you come at me with warmth, openness, and a big smile, i don''t care who you are or where you''ve been, i''ll reciprocate. i''ll strike up a conversation. i know this is highly unorthodox for growing up in the Bay Area. It''s almost as bad as LA and NYC sometimes. if you smile at someone, they sometimes look at you as if you''re a freak. i hate that. so whenever somebody makes the effort to smile at me, i ALWAYS smile back. likewise, i always make an effort to smile at others. the bum on the sidewalk and the snobby woman ringing up my shoes at nordstrom. even if i think they won''t smile back
1.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
anit-snob on trashy sci-fi. it''s like crack. the more vampires gettin down the better, it relieves the agony of Proust.

anti-snob about handbags. I mean, I like pretty ones but they are pretty utilitarian for me.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anti snob about what I read, ditto what Mara said!!!

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
Anti-snob about food. I like gourmet stuff, but I''m also happy at Cracker Barrel.
Anti-snob about handbags. I would love to have a Hermes or a Prada, but I just can''t justify the cost, especially since I always have a leaky pen.
15.gif

Anti-snob about cars. I had a brand new Acura that I loved so, so much. And it got hit 5 times in 2 years, 2 MAJOR accidents (but because it was still worth so much, they wouldn''t total it...I spent over 7 months driving rentals and paying for the car). Finally I got rid of it and my mom sold me her 1993 Infiniti J30, CHEAP. Only 85K miles on it, had always been serviced at the dealer. I''m loving the no car payment and the low insurance. Plus I wouldn''t feel so sick if it did get hit. I say, if it gets you from A to B, then it''s just fine.
Anti-snob about some TV. I''m a South Park junkie, which I find incredibly intelligent, but some people don''t. So I guess I can''t be too high brow, considering I''m not always watching PBS or the History Channel (like FI!!!)

Still can''t figure out how I scored a 70% on that test...
38.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anti-snob about purebred vs. mixed breed pets and run-of-the mill pets vs. exotic pets. I would take in a stray before I would consider getting a purebred or an exotic pet.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m an anti-snob about books/magazines. I''ll read anything! I''ve read Bronte, Joyce, Kavka, but I LOVE Stephen King, and chick-lit, and comic collections. I''ll pick up In Touch and Us Weekly, but also W, and Vogue. I''ll read everything!!! I love it. I even read a whole L.M. Montgomery book online. I''m an anti-snob in the way I get my books. Library, online, hand-me-downs... Found in a coffee shop..

honeybee

Rough_Rock
Ditto on the stray doggie comment. My last two babies have been pound puppies and they are the best dogs i''ve ever had.

ummm...beyond that, I''m for sure an anti-snob when it comes to T.V. (why can''t i stop watching "my super sweet 16" on mtv!?!
20.gif
) seriously the trashier the better.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m an anti-snob about NEWSPAPERS. Buh-bye high class reads like the Wall Street Journal or NY Times or Wa-Po. Give me the NEW YORK POST. Page Six. Gossip. Innuendo. Tasteless word-play-heavy headlines. Ahhhhhhh.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I'm an anti-snob when it comes to food. I love fine cuisine, but I also think some of the finest food I've tasted has come from mom & pop shops. Mmmmm. Great soul food!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I am also generally anti-snob about what I read or watch. I love junk mags and TV. I don''t buy mags very often because I gobble them so fast it''s a waste of money but I have to treat myself sometimes. Thank goodness Mara introduced me to the wonderful world of the superficial online, it''s the best!

Clothes wise I am pretty casual, I try to look nice but I don''t need to wear a certain brand or have lofty quality standards. Is it cute? How much does it cost? If it''s more $$ is it worth it to me to buy it? Jewelry is expensive so I love a deal and enjoy finding one nearly as much as getting the thing I''m looking for. Speaking of that, I love QVC. Can''t get much more anti-snob than that...

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 5:30:59 PM
Author: sarita
I am also generally anti-snob about what I read or watch. I love junk mags and TV. I don''t buy mags very often because I gobble them so fast it''s a waste of money but I have to treat myself sometimes. Thank goodness Mara introduced me to the wonderful world of the superficial online, it''s the best!

Clothes wise I am pretty casual, I try to look nice but I don''t need to wear a certain brand or have lofty quality standards. Is it cute? How much does it cost? If it''s more $$ is it worth it to me to buy it? Jewelry is expensive so I love a deal and enjoy finding one nearly as much as getting the thing I''m looking for. Speaking of that, I love QVC. Can''t get much more anti-snob than that...
My future SIL is a VP for HSN. We got to tour the studios, see the live broadcast (talk about security to get onto the property!!). And then go to the outlet store where everything is at cost (only one day a year where "outsiders" can come in) ...unbelievable deals. (sterling silver, etc)
So, I guess I''m really not an anti-snob.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I''m anti-snob about what I read because I always have to have a book on the go! I read 6-7 books a week, so I buy them 2nd hand, and will read just about anything! And, of course the gossip mags...but not national enquirer or anything cheesy like that, but along the lines of US, People, In Touch, and the new one called OK! with the big glossy pages!

I''m also anti-snob about my friends! Our friends are very mixed, by age, finances, and culture...which makes them more interesting and less snobby!

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Food for sure- Lobster is probably my favorite food but other than that I am in love with fast food and all it''s nastiness, i can eat a ton of it, and I LOVE Ramen noodles

Cleanliness- I am a major slob, sooooo messy, my whole apartment looks like a teenager''s bedroom and I''d rather not clean it up, my boyfriend gets a little mad about this, I wish I was OCD about cleaning it, but I hate to do it

Dogs- mine''s a mutt, and I roll around with him on the floor all day long

Looking nice- I always wear sweats unless I am going out out, I don''t even have a job to get dressed for, I can go a long time without even wearing jeans, I am not impressing anyone at the drug store or the mall, (cute) sweats all the way, my favorite sweatshirt my grandpa gave to me when I was 9 or 10 I got blue paint all over one of the sleeves when I was 11 and i still wear it out all the time, it''s that comfortable, I worse than an anti-snob, I''m a scrub unless I have a reason not to be

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Anti-snob about manicures & painting finger and toenails. Oh and I love reading the "Star" so I guess that makes me anti-snob about some magazines. Total snob about everything else
9.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with Mara, anti-snob about my car. I used to care about what I drove but it was more for reasons like ''OMG what will people think of me in that car'' but when I look back to what I''ve driven....it''s never been a cool car....and right now I''m driving my FI 1996 ranger and will for the next 8 months.
9.gif
Dude, no car payment.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 4:23:54 PM
Author: fire&ice
I think I am an anti-snob more so than a snob - which prolly makes me a snob - because I think people who aren''t anti-snobs don''t have it right.
2.gif

Definitely anti snob about cars.

Yes, regarding clothes, cute is cute - doesn''t matter where it comes from or what label is in it.

Food - particular - but not a snob. Give me a plain cheeseburger (American cheese of course!) than a dry icky salmon burger - a waste of good salmon. So, does that make me a snob?

T.V, Movies, Books - yeah sometimes the crappier the better. I don''t care what I watch or read as long as it entertains me. But, am I a reverse snob because I think that people who read or watch something to have a purpose or to make them think are snobs?

Also, does it make me a snob because I won''t eat off of paper plates or drink wine from a plastic cup?
Ditto to F&I, except paper plates, I use those for hotdogs and pizza and anytime I have a group of friends over...I hate doing dishes and whatnot junk food.

Date: 4/25/2006 4:31:38 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
anit-snob on trashy sci-fi. it''s like crack. the more vampires gettin down the better, it relieves the agony of Proust.

anti-snob about handbags. I mean, I like pretty ones but they are pretty utilitarian for me.

Have you ever read Laurell K Kamilton? She has two really intreasting Sci-Fi series, one of which is about a Vampire Hunter Anita Blake. If you like trashy, but well written vampire stuff this will be right up your alley. Oh and my big sister used to watch a soap opera called Dark Shadows, I never got into it but I am thinking about buying her the DVDs of it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results