shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you satisfied with your appearance?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I wish I was taller. I am 5 foot 2. Well almost. And with small boobs. Kind of straight up and down figure. Trying to find stylish clothes that fit is so difficult.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Yes and No.

I've just turned 48, and am slender considering that number and having had two sons. I work hard at keeping muscle tone and cardio and eat as 'clean' as I can. However it would have nice to be prettier - I'm average in the looks department. I try to remember that looks aren't just about the physical features, that attitude and having a smile on your face plays into it. I've met some men whom I consider just average, but after a while their comical attitudes (I appreciate a sense of humor) and charm makes me view them as very attractive.

Maybe that's just me...

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Like many women (nearly all of us, judging from this thread!), I've been dissatisfied with parts of myself over the years. At this point, though, I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin. My arms may be a bit bulkier than is the beauty standard, but those muscles make me strong, and I wouldn't give them up for anything. My body is healthy and allows me to do amazing things. I may not be a supermodel, but I look in the mirror and feel at peace.

Unless I'm pmsing, at which point all bets are off. :lol:

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
I recently was looking at some pictures that were about 5 years old. I thought "Darn I look good here. Very slim." Then I remembered how fat I thought I was then and how I had hated that picture for a long time because I thought I looked fat. In reality, I was all of 120lb at 5'6" in the picture. It's amazing at how critical we can be of ourselves and how our "vision" of how we look can cloud reality. Now when I think I look fat I know it's my mind playing tricks on me. At least so long as the scale continues to read in the 120s... Other than my hang up on weight, I'm very satisfied with my appearance. I wouldn't mind having awesomer hair or a thinner nose, but nothing major. What I really need is more diamonds for my hands to detract people from the slightly fat nose and less than perfect hair.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
NakedFinger|1399564803|3668506 said:
There is no way of saying this without sounding conceded, but yes I am completely satisfied with my appearance. I have what many people have told me is a "Barbie" figure (big boobs, tiny waist, nice hips/butt). At 5'6" and 130 lbs, could I stand to loose a pound or two? Sure. But what makes me the most satisfied with my body (and this is where people hate me), is I have never worked out a day in my life and I eat whatever I want. The fact that I am able to do is what I feel lucky for. (although all the talk on this thread about strength training and working out being good for not only emotional health but physical health as well, is making me think that I should start working working out regardless). I'm constantly referred to as hot by men, perfect 10, pretty, blah blah. I dont really seek approval from others. What I care about and the important thing to me is that after 14 years my husband is still in awe of me and that I am very happy with what I see in the mirror (that's all that maters). We'll see if that changes....with baby #1 luckily my body bounced back within a month or so, now pregnant with baby #2, we'll see if I still like what I see after :)

(I do put blonde highlights in my hair, so I guess you could say I don't like my natural hair color or else I wouldnt dye it. I also wish I knew how to do hair and makeup to play with my features more, but I am a lost cause when it comes to proper makeup application and I dont style my hair. I see what I look like after getting it done professionally and wish I could do that myself)

Good for you! I never worked out a day in my life and ate whatever the hell I wanted when I was younger. My grandmother always used to tell me "It's going to catch up to you someday" but I didn't believe her. Well, she was right. My metabolism took a nose-dive in my 30's and keeps going down down down if I don't stay active.

You seem to have a great attitude about things, and I appreciate your honesty.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no way of saying this without sounding conceded, but yes I am completely satisfied with my appearance. I have what many people have told me is a "Barbie" figure (big boobs, tiny waist, nice hips/butt). At 5'6" and 130 lbs, could I stand to loose a pound or two? Sure. But what makes me the most satisfied with my body (and this is where people hate me), is I have never worked out a day in my life and I eat whatever I want. The fact that I am able to do is what I feel lucky for. (although all the talk on this thread about strength training and working out being good for not only emotional health but physical health as well, is making me think that I should start working working out regardless). I'm constantly referred to as hot by men, perfect 10, pretty, blah blah. I dont really seek approval from others. What I care about and the important thing to me is that after 14 years my husband is still in awe of me and that I am very happy with what I see in the mirror (that's all that maters). We'll see if that changes....with baby #1 luckily my body bounced back within a month or so, now pregnant with baby #2, we'll see if I still like what I see after :)
Pics please... :naughty:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1399592644|3668688 said:

Why am I not surprised by this. You're such a perv, DF! :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes and no. I used to be stick thin in my 20s and early 30s then I got married had kids. I am now in my mid 40s and short and slightly dumpy, most of the time I am at peace with everything but I think it is human to look back at my old self wistfully..... I think society in general (TV, magazines, the Internet) puts more pressure on women to stay young an beautiful rather than grow old gracefully than it does men. I am not going to go into my 50s kicking and screaming but I would be lying if I said that thinking about getting to 50 and beyond makes me really happy :lol:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
You'd be surprised how things can go. Almost 60, and my 50's have been the happiest time of my life. Each decade seems to be better than the last. Looks have declined, but I am happy and grateful for my life. The key is health. I'm convinced that my eggless vegetarian diet I've practiced since my 20's has kept me healthy. No signs of arthritis, no minor or major health problems. Also accepting that I no longer have the "Playboy" figure I used to have. (People used to say that about my body).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sky56|1399602832|3668817 said:
You'd be surprised how things can go. Almost 60, and my 50's have been the happiest time of my life. Each decade seems to be better than the last. Looks have declined, but I am happy and grateful for my life. The key is health. I'm convinced that my eggless vegetarian diet I've practiced since my 20's has kept me healthy. No signs of arthritis, no minor or major health problems. Also accepting that I no longer have the "Playboy" figure I used to have. (People used to say that about my body).
All talk and no pic?... :Up_to_something: let see some pics from the 70's... :naughty:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I got some nice pics but I can't post them. I got to protect my privacy. And..um...they are of me fully clothed. I never have had anyone take naked or racy pics. I have unique looks and don't want to be recognized. ;))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK so just to add an addendum to my original post here. Right now I am not loving my appearance because I am now down to 102 lbs as of yesterday afternoon (weighed at drs office cause I don't even own a scale). Way too skinny. BUT while I am not pleased with that fact I still feel OK about who I am and it doesn't make me feel badly about myself whereas I know others might be harder on themselves about that.

So I really want all PSers who do feel badly because of some aspect of their appearance to take heed and know you are amazing people no matter your outward physical appearance. That does not make you WHO you are. It's who you are on the inside and I know that has been thrown about here already a lot but just thought it worth repeating and perhaps it means something coming from someone who is OK with who they are despite not being great appearance wise right now. I am comfortable in my own skin no matter the changes. If you ask me in 10, 20, 30 years (provided I am still here on this earth I hope!) I will say the same. At least I hope I will. :))

Doesn't mean I do the best I can to keep looking my personal best (hey I'm still a girl!) but it means that I like and accept myself no matter what outward changes might happen.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
missy|1399627605|3668916 said:
OK so just to add an addendum to my original post here. Right now I am not loving my appearance because I am now down to 102 lbs as of yesterday afternoon (weighed at drs office cause I don't even own a scale). Way too skinny. BUT while I am not pleased with that fact I still feel OK about who I am and it doesn't make me feel badly about myself whereas I know others might be harder on themselves about that.

So I really want all PSers who do feel badly because of some aspect of their appearance to take heed and know you are amazing people no matter your outward physical appearance. That does not make you WHO you are. It's who you are on the inside and I know that has been thrown about here already a lot but just thought it worth repeating and perhaps it means something coming from someone who is OK with who they are despite not being great appearance wise right now. I am comfortable in my own skin no matter the changes. If you ask me in 10, 20, 30 years (provided I am still here on this earth I hope!) I will say the same. At least I hope I will. :))

Doesn't mean I do the best I can to keep looking my personal best (hey I'm still a girl!) but it means that I like and accept myself no matter what outward changes might happen.

Very well said Missy! I go down a very dark road somedays due to my chronic and incurable disease. As someone who always took a great deal of pride in my appearance & was the hot girl, I can get to feeling very sorry for myself. Summer is a bad time for me.
After I developed lymphedema all of the other things I didn't like about myself became very minor. My nose didn't seem as big or my thighs as jiggly. Now I had something real and scary to worry about. Yesterday it was 85 & sunny, I literally cried. As I drove home from work I saw all these people out in shorts, looking so happy. I want to crawl into a hole. My DH always says health is everything. It really is. Having a chronic health issue which you have no control over can really mess with your head.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1399634019|3668938 said:

Very well said Missy! I go down a very dark road somedays due to my chronic and incurable disease. As someone who always took a great deal of pride in my appearance & was the hot girl, I can get to feeling very sorry for myself. Summer is a bad time for me.
After I developed lymphedema all of the other things I didn't like about myself became very minor. My nose didn't seem as big or my thighs as jiggly. Now I had something real and scary to worry about. Yesterday it was 85 & sunny, I literally cried. As I drove home from work I saw all these people out in shorts, looking so happy. I want to crawl into a hole. My DH always says health is everything. It really is. Having a chronic health issue which you have no control over can really mess with your head.

Sending you big (((hugs))) woofmama! I totally get it and I wish you healing and good health. Let's try to remain mentally and emotionally strong because that is the best medicine when medical science doesn't have all the answers and we don't have control over the rest of it. Hugs and more hugs.

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am working on being satisfied with my appearance everyday. I have been doing Weight Watchers at home by myself and I have lost 20 pounds since March 31. I would like to lose 20 more but I am in no hurry. I got on Weight Watchers 3 years ago after my 2nd daughter was born and the weight fell off quickly, probably because I was running everyday and breastfeeding and when I stopped those things, it slowly all came back. So now I am not exercising everyday and trying to lose slowly so it becomes a permanent lifestyle change.
My husband has never told me to lose weight, he has always said he was attracted to me but I find other people in my life have hurt my feelings. Like my mom, a friend, grandpa and my Dad's Thai wife, even an aunt. In high school I weighed 110 pounds, I am 5'4, when I got married, I was 120. I always gain like 50 pounds during pregnancies and it would come off fast until my last pregnancy.
I have never really been too hard on myself but other people can be mean. I mean who really tells someone they look fat or chubby, I would never do that. My 5 year old daughter told me my Dad's Thai wife and her daughter kept telling her her mommy is fat and laughing. My mom's side of the family is shallow too and don't think before they say something. I think that's why I avoid those kinds of people. Life is way too hard to feel bad about yourself and be around negative people. I want to lose the weight for me now but what I think about myself is all that matters. You gotta love yourself and take care of yourself, nobody else can do it for you.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
missy|1399634846|3668942 said:

Sending you big (((hugs))) woofmama! I totally get it and I wish you healing and good health. Let's try to remain mentally and emotionally strong because that is the best medicine when medical science doesn't have all the answers and we don't have control over the rest of it. Hugs and more hugs.

Sending big (((hugs))) back to you missy!!! I was very melancholy when I posted my above comments. It was our first really warm day and it opened the floodgates to all of my bitterness about my legs. I appreciate your support and kindness! Remaining mentally strong is very important, I sincerely hope that you will have answers on your medical concerns soon! Sending dust your way!!!

To all of the wonderful ladies who bared their soul in this thread, please be kind to yourself :)) Remember that looks do change, we all age, weight fluctuates, Try to find peace with-in yourself.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this poem today and thought of all the beautiful PS ladies and gents:

You are not your age,
Nor the size of clothes you wear,
You are not a weight,
Or the colour of your hair.
You are not your name,
Or the dimples in your cheeks,
You are all the books you read,
And all the words you speak,
You are your croaky morning voice,
And the smiles you try to hide,
You're the sweetness in your laughter,
And every tear you've cried,
You're the songs you sing so loudly,
When you know you're all alone,
You're the places that you've been to,
And the one that you call home,
You're the things that you believe in,
And the people that you love,
You're the photos in your bedroom,
And the future you dream of,
You're made of so much beauty,
But it seems that you forgot,
When you decided that you were defined,
By all the things you're not.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
alexah|1399817423|3670313 said:

You are not your age,
You are not a weight,
You are not your name,

Oh I love this alexah. :love:
Thank you for sharing it with us.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
alexah|1399817423|3670313 said:

You are not your age,
You are not a weight,
You are not your name,

LOVE this! Thank you for sharing.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sky56|1399513120|3668214 said:
Billions of dollars are at stake if we are satisfied with our bodies.
Sometimes I think we are brainwashed by society and the media.

I have a saying, "Make up a problem. Sell 'em the solution."

screen_shot_2014-05-11_at_9.png

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
missy|1399634846|3668942 said:

I'd like to give a few(((((( more hugs)))))) to you because I have similar issues. I have two chronic health issues and now breast cancer. On 'good' days, I feel great. As long as my family thinks I'm fine, I really am. Accept me the way I am or go away. I'll soon be 72, and I've had a balanced life - many more good memories than bad.

My daughter has always talked about having plastic surgery when parts of her body start to age. I'm not going to waste a dime on my appearance. Yes, I'm overweight and I need to get rid of a few pounds, but as for my face (maybe because my eyesight isn't what it used to be) it suits DH and me fine and there's nobody else I need to please. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the hugs Isabel and (((hugs))) to you too! You have been through so much and I am glad you are at a good place in your life. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for continued remission and good health.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would probably change every part of me (physically) given a chance. Sad to admit to but that's where I am right now.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOL, I want to see too! A real life Barbie, I am envious!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1399527816|3668325 said:
Signed up for summer quarter yoga!

I did this last summer and one other quarter during the school year. It helped my back hurt less and really let me handle stress much better.

Now I just have to face a room with floor to ceiling mirrors while wearing yoga clothes surrounded by mostly skinny/toned/healthy younger women who make it look easy while my thighs burn and I topple on my butt :-o :oops: :lol:
This was the only thing I hated the last couple of classes. Once I got better at ignoring all around me and just focusing on doing better than I had the session before it got a lot easier.

That's great, TooPatient! :appl: Both the fact that you signed up and that you already know what you might *hate* and get in your way of doing what's best for you and so you're already preparing by how you're going to give it the middle finger 8-) ...when do you start classes?

(by coincidence, I did my first workout today in a WHILE. At home (which I absolutely hate doing) and not very energetic - but - the important thing is, I did it. It's amazing how with just ONE half-assed weak workout I already feel more energetic and I am looking forward to MOVING.)

ETA clarity

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1399930639|3671253 said:
TooPatient|1399527816|3668325 said:
Signed up for summer quarter yoga!

I did this last summer and one other quarter during the school year. It helped my back hurt less and really let me handle stress much better.

Now I just have to face a room with floor to ceiling mirrors while wearing yoga clothes surrounded by mostly skinny/toned/healthy younger women who make it look easy while my thighs burn and I topple on my butt :-o :oops: :lol:
This was the only thing I hated the last couple of classes. Once I got better at ignoring all around me and just focusing on doing better than I had the session before it got a lot easier.

That's great, TooPatient! :appl: Both the fact that you signed up and that you already know what you might *hate* and get in your way of doing what's best for you and so you're already preparing by how you're going to give it the middle finger 8-) ...when do you start classes?

(by coincidence, I did my first workout today in a WHILE. At home (which I absolutely hate doing) and not very energetic - but - the important thing is, I did it. It's amazing how with just ONE half-assed weak workout I already feel more energetic and I am looking forward to MOVING.)

ETA clarity

Good for you! The first workout HURTS. Keep it up!

Summer quarter yoga starts July 1. Only once per week but the double length session is about 90-100 minutes of actual exercise time.

I'm feeling mostly recovered from the food poisoning so we'll start up with our exercise group again tomorrow. They are super supportive and don't make me feel bad that I can't keep up.
Goal is to be there Monday through Friday each week and do the best I can.

I'm also trying to track food & exercise on SparkPeople.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes. I am. Truly.

cheers--Sharon

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1399929512|3671232 said:

Here ya go! It's a "real life" Barbie - or at least how Barbie would look with her measurements applied to a real woman. Creepy. Thank goodness my daughters never liked Barbie - she warps your mind :lol:

ft_96a417f4244bbb133c491a28f9441886.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1400024285|3672112 said:
Here ya go! It's a "real life" Barbie - or at least how Barbie would look with her measurements applied to a real woman. Creepy. Thank goodness my daughters never liked Barbie - she warps your mind :lol:

That's so sad.
Think of the zillions of dollars the appearance-industry will make as each of those Barbe-owning girls grow up expecting the impossible from their bodies.
I'm so glad all those people are getting rich exploiting women.

Once in a while I'll see a woman who has not been suckered into all this shit.
She's the most beautiful of all IMO.
But as a gay man I don't fall for any of the illusion.
Lots of lesbians don't play.

screen_shot_2014-05-13_at_5.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1399929512|3671232 said:

Yeah, all talk and no pics!.. :naughty: .. :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results